Youtube tv and the Canes/UNC game

How is the quality? Any hiccups?

In the ~2 years that I have had it, I have only once had an issue and that was when Google had issues all around. I am also only on a 15 MBs connection and have not had any issues with picture quality.

Advertisement
How good is the streaming quality on YouTube tv? I know espn app is trash sometimes. I guess it depends on how many people are watching the event. I have fiber optic internet so I know that’s not the issue

Advertisement
So you watch these on the computer and not the TV right?
[/QUOTE]
Should be able to use it in a browser on a smart TV or any smart device connected to a TV.

Thanks for sharing. What do you pay?
It's somewhere around $50/month. We already were paying for the regular Hulu service (around $12/month with the "no commericals" option), so for an additional $38/month it made sense to ditch cable (which alone cost more...then add in the cable boxes, etc). Hulu live has a cloud DVR, all of the streaming shows and movies that are available at any time, plus the live TV including most of the sports networks (which is why I chose Hulu over some other services). The only think I don't like about it is the on-screen interface is a bit non-intuitive and clunky....but you get used to it.

Advertisement
I’ll be watching it on YouTube TV., which I recently signed up for. It’s been great, have had zero issues. Had PlayStation Vue last year and I think I prefer YT because of its unlimited DVR.

But to answer OP’s question, a free trial to 1 of the streaming services for the UNC game and then cancelling it and using a different free trial for the BC(?) game is the way to go IMO, if you’re only wanting ACCN to watch the Miami games.

I think on YouTube TV, you may have to use the ESPN app. I couldn't find it anywhere in the YouTube TV app, but I could just be missing it since they interface is not great for me. Note that you do not get ESPN3 access, but you do appear to get ACCN.

Advertisement
I think on YouTube TV, you may have to use the ESPN app. I couldn't find it anywhere in the YouTube TV app, but I could just be missing it since they interface is not great for me. Note that you do not get ESPN3 access, but you do appear to get ACCN.

I had to add it to my channel list, but that might only be b/c I had previously used the 'customize' option to remove channels that I knew that I would never watch.

How does it work? Links are posted when there is a live feed?
Yes, there will be a thread for each game. Click it and go to the comments and sort by "NEW" and play around with the links until you find a good one. Close out the popups and once you get a good stream, hit full screen and you'll be good. You can pretty much always find a working stream to any sporting event in the world on reddit.

Having said that, chances are high you will develop issues on your stream at some point during the game and have to either refresh it or close it and go try another. Well worth it for something like a PPV card, and I watch lots of football games and stuff on reddit streams. But I would lose my sh-t if my canes game froze and I missed action, so I will be doing the YouTubeTV/Hulu free trial approach these next few two weeks myself.

I don't understand why people are still grasping at straws when it comes to streaming UM games.

Bookmark this link. Multiple streams to every televised game are posted, even in HD. I prefer grandmastreams.

do i search for the game link or do i type in Miami Hurricanes then search??? never mind I'll just do the free trials stuff instead

Advertisement
I don't understand why people are still grasping at straws when it comes to streaming UM games.

Bookmark this link. Multiple streams to every televised game are posted, even in HD. I prefer grandmastreams.

Pardon my extreme ignorance on reddit, but I've seen this posted several times and when I click on that link, the only thing that shows up says "Join our Discord" and it's a discord link. I see no links to games or discussions about links to games. I'm clearly missing something.

Pardon my extreme ignorance on reddit, but I've seen this posted several times and when I click on that link, the only thing that shows up says "Join our Discord" and it's a discord link. I see no links to games or discussions about links to games. I'm clearly missing something.

They won't be posted until the game start/are about to start.

Here is an example with MLB: https://www.reddit.com/r/MLBStreams/

If you were to go now, the only game available is the Orioles vs Rays game since it is the only one being played, but if you go later (say 7:30 EST) there will be several more options.

Once you click on an event, there are several options with different feeds (and in the case of baseball) a home and away feed. Example:

For baseball, the Bilas feed always seems to work well with no ads or pop-ups. I am not sure if they do college football as well.

Advertisement
Back