Youth Movement Conspiracy Theory

He had no choice but to do this , the season was spiraling out of control and this was the Hail Mary to save his job. Hoping for a miracle from the kids. He also has the injuries excuse on top of it.
I hope I’m not misquoting you, but didn’t you also mention that many of the players (not just vets) will be gone if Manny stays?

Advertisement
Do you think Manny is deliberately playing these young players so that he can spin the narrative to the AD that they have to give him more time, due to the youth of his team. A desperation ploy. It seems plausible and these fools are dumb enough to fall for it.

I can see it now. He makes it to 6 wins with these young bloods, and then makes a case for how much better they will be next year, now that they have gotten some valuable experience under their belt. He's got the gift of gab. Manny might just be able to talk his way into another year. Plz reassure me that I'm wrong.
🤦🏽‍♂️
The class coming in is going to be bad so I don't know how he's going to spin it

Never liked Manny as a coach but his one redeeming factor is attempting to change things that aren’t working

Sure it didn’t happen as fast as we wanted it to but he’s making the moves because he knows it’s best

Not to be sappy about it but these upper class men have been around Manny for years. Can’t say I exactly blame him for being loyal to them

Long story short I believe he’s doing what he thinks is best for the team like he always has (even if he was wrong)

I know you aren't defending Manny flat out and I can relate to this because this is how I used to think about Manny. I got so used to Golden not parting ways with NoD and Richt not parting ways with his son or giving up play calling that it was refreshing to see Manny make ANY necessary changes.

However, my feeling on that has now changed. He simply waits too long until his hand is literally forced, and he makes the move out of desperation, not on his own free will. Is that better than Golden? Yes. but it still is not good. Some things he was out in front off (Transfer portal, NIL game) and he talks a sweet boo game in the offseason.

I don't think he necessarily has the team first, he has himself first. In order for him to be successful, the team needs to be successful so there is some trickle down but looking back at the personnel and coaching decisions he has made, they all look to be out of desperation and slamming the barn door after the horse ran out and simply using a scapegoat, his newest scapegoat is now the players.

Advertisement
Never liked Manny as a coach but his one redeeming factor is attempting to change things that aren’t working

Sure it didn’t happen as fast as we wanted it to but he’s making the moves because he knows it’s best

Not to be sappy about it but these upper class men have been around Manny for years. Can’t say I exactly blame him for being loyal to them

Long story short I believe he’s doing what he thinks is best for the team like he always has (even if he was wrong)
Are you saying someone is doing what they think is best to win and save their job?

Insane to think something so completely reasonable.

Advertisement
Miami has been having a youth movement for 15 ******* years. Miami Northwestern crew, then the Duke Johnson, Tracy Howard, and Erik Flowers bunch, Then we got the Jeff Thomas, 3 young LBs, Trajan Bandy, DeeJay Dallas.

I'm so god**** sick of hearing people talk about how young Miami is. Miami plays young players because they dont seem to get any better from the day they arrive.

Advertisement
Do you think Manny is deliberately playing these young players so that he can spin the narrative to the AD that they have to give him more time, due to the youth of his team. A desperation ploy. It seems plausible and these fools are dumb enough to fall for it.

I can see it now. He makes it to 6 wins with these young bloods, and then makes a case for how much better they will be next year, now that they have gotten some valuable experience under their belt. He's got the gift of gab. Manny might just be able to talk his way into another year. Plz reassure me that I'm wrong.
🤦🏽‍♂️
of course…he can’t sell the present so of course he’s trying to sell the future and potential

So now we’re complaining about the young guys playing too much?
lol. While It may sound funny, why is it that all of a sudden he's playing these kids? Don't tell me you didn't know these kids wuz bringing that smoke before 5 games into the season. The fact that it took him this long to play these kids is a larger problem to me even if it's not a conspiracy.

if he somehow manages to stay, admin failed us and doesn't understand that we out-talent all of the coastal constantly. We dont develop the players we have recruited and its evident everywhere in our team. Meanwhile Mel F*cking Tucker has Mich State at 7-0 and somehow our admin doesnt realize that coaching matters.

I guarantee you he blames all the injuries and the fact that he had to rely on upperclassmen bc the freshmen needed experience. If that one doesnt work, I bet he says something along the lines of "all of cfb sucks this year" as an excuse

Advertisement
Don’t kid yourself.

Manny learned a lot from Papi. He’s quite capable of pulling something like this off, especially with a reactionary Board that is resistant to change.
Manny sucks and I want him gone… anything else is fodder

If Manny played the best players (regardless of experience) from the start, he wouldn't be on the hot seat.

After the App. st. game, all starting spots will be open season.

Advertisement
Back