Youth Movement Conspiracy Theory

Advertisement
Let’s be real. If not for all these injuries, we would see the same upperclassmen trot out every week. He has no other choice but to play the young guys now. No doubt he’ll use youth and injuries as an excuse but we don’t even come close to squeaking out a victory with Cam instead of Knighton. No JW/Kinchens etc.

I just hope the BOT doesn’t fall for it.
I agree. No other choice. Just like he has no other choice but to quit.

joe pesci youths GIF
step 6 of Magic Manny tricks the yutes

Do you think Manny is deliberately playing these young players so that he can spin the narrative to the AD that they have to give him more time, due to the youth of his team. A desperation ploy. It seems plausible and these fools are dumb enough to fall for it.

I can see it now. He makes it to 6 wins with these young bloods, and then makes a case for how much better they will be next year, now that they have gotten some valuable experience under their belt. He's got the gift of gab. Manny might just be able to talk his way into another year. Plz reassure me that I'm wrong.
🤦🏽‍♂️
Sure I can see that. It started out of necessity but as the season ending injuries to starters began to pile up he soon realized he could possibly use that as an excuse and as a narrative to save his job.

Having said that, I think the only way that Diaz can save his job is to win out the regular season and for that to be enough to win the Coastal. Then he must win the ACCCG and the the New Year 6 Bowl game likely the Orange Bowl and finish 10-4.

Advertisement
He had no choice but to do this , the season was spiraling out of control and this was the Hail Mary to save his job. Hoping for a miracle from the kids. He also has the injuries excuse on top of it.

Last edited:
Many of us were clamoring for the talented young guys to get more PT. Remember all the Leonard Taylor threads? Same goes for James Williams, Arroyo and others. Many of the Upperclassmen played really poorly in the first half of the season. Had Manny continued to trot out the same lineup, it would have cost him his job (like Golden sticking with NoD until the bitter end). Manny has said publicly that he realized at some point that things just weren't working out for certain upperclassmen and that he wanted to give them every shot he could to succeed (no-one can claim the opposite; Manny was too loyal, if anything)....but at some point you have to move on.

Sure, injuries played some role in this youth movement but the desperate need to fix the mess & start winning was by far the bigger factor. Who in their right mind would leave top 4-star and 5-star talent on the bench when the upperclassmen are stinking up the joint? No brainer. It's so great to see James Williams, Kinchens and others playing with passion, intensity, toughness & pride. I never thought I'd see the day when Miami played with a laissez-faire attitude (especially on D). The young guns are bringing back the fast & aggressive style of play that previously made Miami a feared opponent. That's Miami ball.

Never liked Manny as a coach but his one redeeming factor is attempting to change things that aren’t working

Sure it didn’t happen as fast as we wanted it to but he’s making the moves because he knows it’s best

Not to be sappy about it but these upper class men have been around Manny for years. Can’t say I exactly blame him for being loyal to them

Long story short I believe he’s doing what he thinks is best for the team like he always has (even if he was wrong)
Yes. Manny didn't get to walk into a new situation where he could point a few untalented kids to the door without mercy. He was stuck with guys he'd been around for years many he helped recruit. They were also happy to have him as their coach.

Its tough to be head coach sometimes but you still have to do your job.

Advertisement
Manny just joined the benchthejags movement. We being on it he is just late to the party.

Many of us were clamoring for the talented young guys to get more PT. Remember all the Leonard Taylor threads? Same goes for James Williams, Arroyo and others. Many of the Upperclassmen played really poorly in the first half of the season. Had Manny continued to trot out the same lineup, it would have cost him his job (like Golden sticking with NoD until the bitter end). Manny has said publicly that he realized at some point that things just weren't working out for certain upperclassmen and that he wanted to give them every shot he could to succeed (no-one can claim the opposite; Manny was too loyal, if anything)....but at some point you have to move on.

Sure, injuries played some role in this youth movement but the desperate need to fix the mess & start winning was by far the bigger factor. Who in their right mind would leave top 4-star and 5-star talent on the bench when the upperclassmen are stinking up the joint? No brainer. It's so great to see James Williams, Kinchens and others playing with passion, intensity, toughness & pride. I never thought I'd see the day when Miami played with a laissez-faire attitude (especially on D). The young guns are bringing back the fast & aggressive style of play that previously made Miami a feared opponent. That's Miami ball.
I'm not buying his line about wanting to give them every shot to succeed. Yes I'm sure he did want them to succeed but that's not why he kept trotting them out there. He kept trotting them out there because it's a combination of him playing favorites and his dogmatic philosophy of playing veterans no matter how bad they fack up on game day.

King should have never started the season because he clearly wasn't ready but someone as dogmatically rigid as Manny wouldn't hear of preparing one of his 2 young and uber talented quarterbacks to start the year. No no no! He had to shove King down everyone's throat because he is a veteran without giving a single **** about how King's injury might affect his performance and the possibility that it could negatively affect the team. Nothing against King. It's not his fault his head coach rushed him into action thereby costing him his entire senior season and nearly fracturing the locker room.

He would have continued to trot out Cam Harris in favor of a healthy Don Chaney and Jalen Knighton as well. Believe that! Same thing with continuing to play Jennings after the 2020 season had proven beyond all doubt that Jennings is at best a G5 caliber player and maybe the worst LB we have ever had at Miami. You hear that Rod Mack? You're officially off the hook my man! Same with DJ Ivey, Gurvan Hall and even Bubba Bolden as the kid was playing through a torn labrum since game 2.

Advertisement
I said in another thread that the injuries have forced Manny’s hand to where he had no choice but to play the youngin’s and just might save his ***.

If the team can get to 6-6 or even 7-5 and a toilet bowl game, it would not surprise me in the least if he and Blake get at least a one year reprieve. I can hear the narrative “With all the challenges this season, Manny did a helluva job keeping the team together and focused”.

yes. well said. I'm interested to see what happens this week with Gurvan Hall. He didn't see action last week but Manny made a point to mention him as having a valuable role now that Bolden's out.

Advertisement
Do you think Manny is deliberately playing these young players so that he can spin the narrative to the AD that they have to give him more time, due to the youth of his team. A desperation ploy. It seems plausible and these fools are dumb enough to fall for it.

I can see it now. He makes it to 6 wins with these young bloods, and then makes a case for how much better they will be next year, now that they have gotten some valuable experience under their belt. He's got the gift of gab. Manny might just be able to talk his way into another year. Plz reassure me that I'm wrong.
🤦🏽‍♂️
Nah, history will show that he is a recruiting guru. 8-4, Coastal champs, Bowl game W.

Let me get this straight. For three years everyone has complained that Manny plays veterans when the young guys would give us a better chance at winning. Now he’s playing the young guys (because of injury, transfer or just poor play by the older guys) and it’s an excuse for losing games? Can’t have it both ways. Either the young guys are better or they’re worse. Right now they all look better than the guys they’re replacing.

Also, did Manny tell King, Bolden and Harris “hey I need you guys to pretend you’re injured and waste this entire year of your eligibility so I can have a Hail Mary excuse to save my job”? And they were like “yeah no problem. We’ll totally throw our seasons in the tank just so you can have a really weak excuse”.

Manny Will claim injuries held the team back even though the injured players were performing terriably.

He will site “youth” and inexperience for the reason the season didn’t go as planned.

He will say “promising” and “baptism by fire” blah blah blah…

And while that could work…his current class is 40th in the nation, so he doesn’t have the “we’r building more depth like them” as the fall back.

Simple answer is no

1. Manny isn’t that smart
2. Young guys playing because of injuries. It just so happens to be working in the opposite of Manny’s favor in reality…. Young guys outperforming Manny’s favs only when injuries force them into playing
Don’t kid yourself.

Manny learned a lot from Papi. He’s quite capable of pulling something like this off, especially with a reactionary Board that is resistant to change.

Advertisement
Back