Your Nightmare Replacement List

Advertisement
ok, i'll be that guy. CHUD. i have no idea why people want this bozo. i wasn't happy with him while he was here. he was gifted an offense full of nfl players on a team with top 5 defenses and special teams. i know records were set when he was here, but i remember his offenses scoring on big plays by big players and the rest of the night doing ****. and he hasn't done anything in the nfl that makes me change my opinion of him, of course i didn't follow his nfl career too closely. just saying.
Have you seen Carolina's offense since he left?

And he'd bring Dorsey home.

We are fortunate somebody else was stupid enough to hire Mike Leach. If not for all those losses he is piling up, the happy adjusters would be free to assign one prancing victory after another, regardless of where he was coaching and particularly here.

No doubt some will still be determined to look away and claim he would be fantastic here. That's my nightmare, listening to further calls for Mike Leach.

In general I don't want an offensive guy who doesn't understand the value of defense. For example, Texas fans may be crying about Charlie Strong and that embarrassing home loss to BYU, but there are already signs he has them headed in the right track. Texas is allowing barely 4.2 yards per play, down from 5.5 last year. That's the same type of thing Jimbo Fisher established early at Florida State, even though Canes fans were content to pretend nothing had changed from the late Bowden/Andrews years. Texas shut out Baylor in the first half last week, other than a blocked field goal return.

Of course, our yards per play is way down this year also. The vast majority of the time that category is relevant. I still say we are improved this year on defense. No way we were capable of holding down Duke like that in any recent season. But obviously it's not meaningful upon two games allowing 300+ rushing.

Cristobal would be a good hire not great. H5e has experience as a HC something Shannon didnt have and needed. He is family plus he is learning first hand from Saban how to run a big time program. He is the type of guy we might have to settle for since we cant compete for the top ones.

:neonu:

Cristobal would be a good hire not great. H5e has experience as a HC something Shannon didnt have and needed. He is family plus he is learning first hand from Saban how to run a big time program. He is the type of guy we might have to settle for since we cant compete for the top ones.

:neonu:
**** family. How about a guy who can maximize talent and win?

Advertisement
They only pull the trigger on Golden if they can get somone they really want. James has a relationship with all the guys in the Davis era, but I'm not sure who he prefers. So you have to start your list with Davis, Chud, and Stoops. From there he probably looks at Art Briles. I'd hate to see the list go past those 4 unless they have someone they can pull that I'd consider crazy like Harbaugh or Cowart.

Advertisement
Back