Your first FSU Game Memory?

Not my first but one of my favorites is being in Doak and we’re beating up on the Noles trash talking and my dad gave the bird to this lady who was talking **** and said “suck my Orange and green **** *****”

Advertisement
Ditto… I was just a kid watching the game by myself on our crappy tv with the old analog *****. For some reason I was super nervous and doing some superstitious **** to get the juju going. Super happy after the field goal went wide right (although even on tv I thought it might have been good).

My first game in attendance was after graduating college and going to wide left in 2000. When Shockey caught the game winner that good ol OB … that place was rockin! Awesome experience
man, I thought it was good too! Guarantee I was doing some superstitious stuff myself.

Advertisement

Miami vs FSU - 1994

It was the first game that my Dad ever took me & brothers to in the OB.

I remember how dominant our Defense was that game, we picked off bum *** Danny Kanell 4 times that game, including the infamous Carlos Jones pick 6 in the 3rd quarter to pull away in the game with a 2TD lead. Our Run Defense was stifling, FSU only rushed for something like 45 yards, Kenny Holmes, Warren Sapp, Dwayne The Rock Johnso, Kenard Lang, Ray Lewis, Rohan Marley & Twan Russell were stuffing Warrick Dunn & Zack Crockett, they couldn’t move the ball at all on the ground. Especially Warren Sapp he was absolutely dominating that game, he was eating their OL alive! Oddly enough, FSU’s OC that year was none other than Mark Richt lol

James Stewart, Larry Jones & Al Shipman were running it all over FSU too.

And I think it was one of the few times Frank Costa had a good game & didn’t turn the ball over lol

It was the game that made me fall in love with Miami Hurricanes Football, never been in a louder stadium in my life at that point (I was only a kid though lol), but that season in particular is when I became such a huge Ray Lewis fan & really started to love & watch the game of football.

- a brutal hit on Weldon where he was down for several minutes and the whole Miami section cheered and roared the whole time he was down while being treated. The epitome of hatred like I've never seen between two schools and fan bases. Not really my proudest moment but **** was it crazy.

Then the 4th down catch over TBuck.

And then of course, wide right 1.

What a great game.

Don’t know why but I always have in memory the Jacory Harris game I think in 08 or 09 where they drove down the field on us to try to win the game but the QB threw low and their WR couldn’t hang on. Was a good win and was watching with a mixed crowd in high school so it was a lot of fun.
That was 2009. I thought they won it at the end but thankfully I think the FSU tight end dropped it with seconds left.

Advertisement

Miami vs FSU - 1994

I remember how dominant our Defense was that game, we picked off bum *** Danny Kanell 4 times that game, including the infamous Carlos Jones pick 6 in the 3rd quarter to pull away in the game with a 2TD lead. Our Run Defense was stifling, FSU only rushed for something like 45 yards, Kenny Holmes, Warren Sapp, Dwayne The Rock Johnso, Kenard Lang, Ray Lewis, Rohan Marley & Twan Russell were stuffing Warrick Dunn & Zack Crockett, they couldn’t move the ball at all on the ground. Especially Warren Sapp he was absolutely dominating that game, he was eating their OL alive! Oddly enough, FSU’s OC that year was none other than Mark Richt lol

And I think it was one of the few times Frank Costa had a good game & didn’t turn the ball over lol

It was the game that made me fall in love with Miami Hurricanes Football, never been in a louder stadium in my life at that point (I was only a kid though lol), but that season in particular is when I became such a huge Ray Lewis fan & really started to love & watch the game of football.

That's a pretty good hook for a kid. Sometimes, like an admitted lunatic loser, I still watch the Carlos Jones pick and look at the reaction of the fans and the players. In the telecast, you can hear Rohan say "big time players make big time plays" somewhere in that chaos. CJ Richardson, who was significantly underrated for his time here, was just walking around without his helmet. Just a special time to be a kid growing up as a Canes fan. Wish someone making decisions about our program understood what it's really about.

Advertisement
For me, vaguely recall the 1989 loss, but everything clear from the 90s on.
The 1989 game was Gino's second as a starter after Craig got hurt. We turned the ball over like 4 times in the first half and were down 14-10. We force a turnover and drive down to the 2 and Shannon Crowell fumbles in the end zone. Completely changed the momentum of the game.

Fours things of note. Number 1--this is the Sebastian in pre kickoff handcuffs game. Number 2--Dennis in 2 separate series inside the 5 tried running option with Gino in the 4th quarter. It was beyond comical. I was in the opposite end zone and Gino got murdered. Number 3--At the mid-field handshake, Bowden told Erickson to get used to this (losing). Number 4--Dennis was a man possessed the week of practice leading up to the FSU game in 1990. He literally ran Stephen McGuire down Bowden's throat. I'm not sure Craig threw more than 15 passes which was unusual for our offense.

Last edited:

Miami vs FSU - 1994

Every time I saw Kanell on ESPN making a comment, all I can think of is CJ Richardson and Carlos Jones say hi. That ******* hates Miami.

Advertisement
2000 Miami 27 FSU 24.
Will always remember the OB going crazy after the Dorsey to Shockey TD pass. It was great to be a Miami Hurricane!
There were several really big plays made during that drive. And, no better week to watch them than this week:

- D. Jones had a nice kickoff return
- Tana moves in motion on first play of drive, sticks his foot in the ground and looks like an electric car shooting across the field to get out of bounds (gain was like 12-15)
- Wayne catches a diving 17 yard pass to push the ball deep in Noles territory
- Tana makes a huge catch (ball thrown behind him) inside the hashes and drops down inside the 10
- Gonzalez gets called for a false start
- Next play, really nice combination route that I thought was initially intended as a crosser for Moss underneath (he was doubled), free'd up Shockey 1 on 1

Advertisement
Back