Your favorite Miami-FSU memory

Advertisement

Yeah, QB Freeman and HC Shannon turned out to be bums, but 1st Game with my child's during their Freshman Year at Miami...Never expected to get squeezed so hard by Pike Frat guys...

Barrow
ST vs. Rix
Langham
Mcgahee screen pass/Geathers TD/ST decapiates PK Sam…All in a span of like 5 minutes- 1 minute of gameplay

On a side note…Good Story. My best friend and I, 15 yo I believe (in Western PA mind you)…I was a Canes fan, he was a Noles fan. I got in trouble at home for something in the morning, or my mom had me doing some **** and was running way behind and I got ****ed and left the house to walk to another friend's house just before noon. I was running late. I stopped by my man the nole's crib…And knocked at door because I knew the game was starting at like 12:05. I went in, sat on the couch and the kickoff was Tamarick Vanover to the house. I ran out of his house instantly. We are still close, life long friends to this day (he went to FSU for the last 3 years of college), and in 35 years of cheering for CFB, that is the only play of this rivalry that we have watched together! He cheered me out of the house, celebrating…Our other man whose house I was originally on my way to (who was a wagon jumper, a Michigan fan actually, had family that played at Pitt lol, but you know everyone is a UM hater)…Met me half way in the ally and they were both screaming and cheering Vanover's ko return from from different directions..Mfers. But yeah I continued on to his house and we watched most of game and UM comeback there and I let the whole **** neighborhood know about it all weekend and all over the hallways of HS on Monday

Me and my nole friend bet $5 on this game for like 20 years straight up until our early 30s lol.
Those are some awesome stories, man. Even though the title of the thread revolves around everyone’s “favorite” Miami-FSU memory, I’d be remiss if I didn’t include my least favorite as well. I’ve been at many of the games in person over the years, but that 47-0 game at Doak in 97’ was the most embarrassing, humiliating sporting event I’ve ever had to endure. That team was a-w-f-u-l, and having to sit through it at Dork Shambles Stadium made it 10x worse. We did have a valid excuse though…that team was ravaged by NCAA sanctions. On the plus side, it still blows my mind how we went from that disgusting mess to the greatest team ever assembled in just a few short years.

Advertisement
I was on the other side of the closed end zone. I have never heard a crowd that loud in my life. And haven't since. That was amazing. That whole game was way louder than average, with key moments registering on the Richter Scale in Hawaii.
My Wife was scared sh*tless....Carlos ran right towards us.

I was on the other side of the closed end zone. I have never heard a crowd that loud in my life. And haven't since. That was amazing. That whole game was way louder than average, with key moments registering on the Richter Scale in Hawaii.
It was easily the Loudest "Moment" I've ever heard at the OB.....But for an entire game it was UM vs ND in 89.

It was easily the Loudest "Moment" I've ever heard at the OB.....But for an entire game it was UM vs ND in 89.
It was the perfect storm for the "loudest moment". We were already screaming to mess with FSU, and had to up it a notch to celebrate what we just saw. It had to be the most intimidating moment for any team to ever be in the OB.

Advertisement
It was the perfect storm for the "loudest moment". We were already screaming to mess with FSU, and had to up it a notch to celebrate what we just saw. It had to be the most intimidating moment for any team to ever be in the OB.
It was already bedlam the play before when Lang & Sapp sacked Kanell...but the second Carlos crossed the Goal line, it sounded like an A-Bomb went off.

Advertisement
Its Been A Long Time Waiting GIF

1983 in Tallahassee. I was there. Canes needed win to get to The Orange Bowl. A late field goal won it for us.
I sat within a swarm of Seminole fans. I saw grown men weep. I then first understood what football means to people in the south.
Loved our team…Bernie, Eddie Brown, etc,,

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back