Your Coaching Wishlist for 2015

The university used to pay enough money to hire Superbowl champion coordinators. No reason they shouldn't be able to again. Darrell Bevell did an incredible job with Russell Wilson, uses some spread concepts but also isn't afraid to line up and run down your throat, knows how to get athletic QBs in space, and did all this with less than stellar talent outside of RB and a young QB. Dude just won a ring, and would probably implement some form of PC's 4-3 under position which we happen to be PERFECTLY suited for.

But who wants a professional coach who learned from one of the all time great college coaches, and one of the current best NFL coaches. Let's just hire an Oregon assistant so we can continue to fold the program!

Advertisement
Butch davis.

can't understate the fact that he WANTS to be here and probably would be pretty cheap. We know he still can collect talent, look at all the NFL guys off of his UNC teams. bring in some X & O's OC and DC. Hand pick one to be the sucessor. Butch is probably here 3-5 years then he can retires with his reputation repair and maybe another ring and seamless transition to the new Head coach in waiting

/profit

Butch as HC with Dorsey on staff as QB Coach/OC Assist.

The same guy that left FSU and they win the NC. The guy that no one at FSU cared to lose. Yep 2-10 have no clue about it. Neither does Stoops. He's going to do the same this year. Let's look at UK's schedule couple FCS teams easy wins that Thomas Aquinas HS could beat. Then plays more SEC teams UF loss, SC loss, UGA loss, Tennessee loss, Louisville loss they may beat Vandy in a close game. He's not recruited anything to write home about. Kentucky is a coach graveyard. Little Sister of the Poor program. I hear an ice cream truck sits outside of their practices but I digress. Let's hire someone better than **** McGee. Guy will have 20 losses in two years and no bowl games. That what you want? Go cheer Clansucky you love him so much.

Mark Stoops you serious. Guy went 0-8 in the SEC. Was dead last in recruiting in the SEC. Will be lucky to beat Vandy. Guy is a joke, no thanks. Will be lit up like a Christmas Tree again in the SEC. You want a coach who will give you 3-4 wins we already have that. Pass

I know, right? People really shooting for the stars on this one.

I'm just going to go ahead and say neither of you understand the game after these statements.

Good lord, we have another one on this board.

Another what? Because I'm new to the Canes board means I'm a troll I guess. Just started school here at the U and was asking some students if we had a football forum and they said this was the place to go. I guess moving from Jacksonville to Miami to start my education at a top educational facility in FL. Sorry didn't know this was everyone listen to your opinion and I can't have one. Sorry oh great one.

Narduzzi was among the finalists for Tom jurich when he was looking to replace Charlie strong. If not for Petrino he might be at UL right now. If he's good enough for Tom Jurich, he's good enough for me.

Go get that man Blake.

The same guy that left FSU and they win the NC. The guy that no one at FSU cared to lose. Yep 2-10 have no clue about it. Neither does Stoops. He's going to do the same this year. Let's look at UK's schedule couple FCS teams easy wins that Thomas Aquinas HS could beat. Then plays more SEC teams UF loss, SC loss, UGA loss, Tennessee loss, Louisville loss they may beat Vandy in a close game. He's not recruited anything to write home about. Kentucky is a coach graveyard. Little Sister of the Poor program. I hear an ice cream truck sits outside of their practices but I digress. Let's hire someone better than **** McGee. Guy will have 20 losses in two years and no bowl games. That what you want? Go cheer Clansucky you love him so much.

I'm just going to go ahead and say neither of you understand the game after these statements.

Another what? Because I'm new to the Canes board means I'm a troll I guess. Just started school here at the U and was asking some students if we had a football forum and they said this was the place to go. I guess moving from Jacksonville to Miami to start my education at a top educational facility in FL. Sorry didn't know this was everyone listen to your opinion and I can't have one. Sorry oh great one.

If you aren't a troll then you are clueless. Hardly anything in your OP is accurate

You claim Stoops had the worst recruiting class in the SEC. He had the 22nd overall class in the nation at UK, which is a complete bottom feeder in the SEC.
You claim FSU didn't care he left. The year before he took over FSU had the 108th ranked D. 2 years later he had them ranked 4th. The next year 2nd. They actually gave up more YPG last year under Pruitt (281 ypg) then the year prior under Stoops (251 ypg).

Advertisement
Butch is the ideal guy because of his HCing experience. He has the network to recruit coaches, knows the lay of the land in SoFla, and has a hx of previous success. Cristobal is probably the fallback option. I don't think Chud comes here. I think he believes he's an NFL coach. Butch could probably convince Schiano or Leavitt to come with him here as well as Dorsey.

Surprised at the hype with Narduzzi and Pruitt. 2 guys without HCing experience. It's going to take them time to get acclimated. Don't want an experiment or coaches without the network to draw in other good coaches.

If you aren't a troll then you are clueless. Hardly anything in your OP is accurate

You claim Stoops had the worst recruiting class in the SEC. He had the 22nd overall class in the nation at UK, which is a complete bottom feeder in the SEC.
You claim FSU didn't care he left. The year before he took over FSU had the 108th ranked D. 2 years later he had them ranked 4th. The next year 2nd. They actually gave up more YPG last year under Pruitt (281 ypg) then the year prior under Stoops (251 ypg).

Recruiting classes are cute and all but they don't give championships for that. Just think Miami can get a better coach than Stoops. Reading most of these other posts. Stoops isn't in most top 5's. I guess nobody knows what you do.

Last edited:
Coaching Changes wish list for 2015:
Pruitt as Head Coach, Stoops as D Coordinator, Dorsey as O Coordinator and QB Coach, Hurlie at LB Coach, Harris as RB Coach, Beard as WR coach, Carroll as TE coach, Baez and Coley as Recruiting Coordinators, anyone but Jethro Franklin at D Line Coach.

Advertisement
Another big plus for butch is you bring him in and he wont cost what he would have five years ago, so you spend more on a HCIW DC or OC, and position coaches.

Mark Stoops
Narduzzi

Mark Stoops you serious. Guy went 0-8 in the SEC. Was dead last in recruiting in the SEC. Will be lucky to beat Vandy. Guy is a joke, no thanks. Will be lit up like a Christmas Tree again in the SEC. You want a coach who will give you 3-4 wins we already have that. Pass

WTF has Mark Stoops done to give you faith that he'd win big here? Good god man, get a grip.

Mark Stoops
Narduzzi

WTF has Mark Stoops done to give you faith that he'd win big here? Good god man, get a grip.

Knows how to build/turn a defense with Florida talent. Built the defense that seems to have people excited about Pruitt. Knows how to recruit, knows the area, has coached here.

He might actually be a realistic option. I like some other names out there as well like Narduzzi, Butch, etc

Advertisement
Pretty sure UF rolled his defense at FSU. Like 500 yds are some crazy number. Yea cool story bro.

Knows how to build/turn a defense with Florida talent. Built the defense that seems to have people excited about Pruitt. Knows how to recruit, knows the area, has coached here.

He might actually be a realistic option. I like some other names out there as well like Narduzzi, Butch, etc

Pretty sure UF rolled his defense at FSU. Like 500 yds are some crazy number. Yea cool story bro.

Shockingly you would be wrong again.

276, 184, 394. 3 year average of 285 yard per game.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I would want Pruitt seeing has he came from Alabama and learned under Saban, runs an aggressive defense all Saban. The man just KNOWS how to recruit in any state Florida, or anywhere. For example he's the main reason why Jalen Ramesy picked FSU b/c of Pruitt and was also one of the reasons why FSU landed some of their players in there 2013 class, and he was a great recruiter for Alabama. Plus players love playing for him as well as him being a young coach and out to prove a point. If not Pruitt I'd want Chad Morris these Florida cats like Dion Cain or Ray Ray McCloud would love playing for a Chad Morris offense, Clemson does having a good enough defense that does develop players like Vic Beasley and a few of the corners that got drafted. These may be pipe dreams but either Kirby Smart or the LSU defense coordinator.

I'd like the University to take a long look at Mark Hudspeth at UL-Lafayette.

Younger, college-experienced coach. 66-21 @ D-2. 28-12 @ UL-L (3-0 in bowl games). Think a tweaked version of Dan Mullen's offense (which would really fit athletes from S. Florida) but is better recruiter.

Plus, supposedly he's a big fitness guy, so not only might make sure our S&C is up to par, but he wouldn't let himself go all to **** like Golden either. I mean just look at the guy, he's like a anti-Golden.

Mark+Hudspeth+R+L+Carriers+New+Orleans+Bowl+y8Fo_W6Uwwal.jpg

Bio: http://www.ragincajuns.com/coaches.aspx?path=football&rc=159

Last edited:
What was Oregons coach before Chip Kelly? I think he is working for Espn now. Or Mike Leach.

HC: Greg Schiano
OC: Chad Morris
DC: Tim Walton
RB: Mr. ICE
WR: Carroll
TE: Scott
OL:??
DL: Rick Petri
DBs:Kris Richard
LB: maybe keep Hurlie Brown
Special Teams: ??
Strength and Conditioning: Tommy Moffitt
I know many did not like Walton, but i thought with the talent we had then vs now.. we can make some major moves..

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back