You people asking for the bowl ban

USNAVYCANE

All American
Maude
[h=2]You people asking for the bowl ban[/h]
You do realize that if we take the bowl ban we miss out on something like 35 extra practices, and the contact with coaches is limited so its mainly on the players them self's to go to the gym and weight room or read the playbooks​

Advertisement
Yeah, I know man.....just don't know which is the lesser of two evils..........

If the NCAA gives us a bowl ban next year we miss the same amount of practices.

Advertisement
Yesterday has pushed me the other way on the issue. People claim we will be a BCS contender next year but I am not so sure. Coaching still leaves a lot to be desired. Talent is still lacking. How sure are we that better days are actually? We could be sitting here 5 years from now thinking we should have played in the ACCCG while we could.

This team is ******* awful. I say take the ban and hope that the NCAA ***** off after that. Maybe next season we will have thrown Dorito off of a bridge and the squad improves.

Advertisement
I completely understand the concern, but we're faced with a Hobson's Choice. Damned if we do, damned if we don't. The fact is, however, Al is stripping this program down to the bones so he can build it back up for long term success. I think one has to assume the NCAA is going to hit us will a multi-year bowl ban. Our team is so young. We need guys like McCord, Moore, Jenkins, Kirby, Chick, Bush, and Scott in the weight room as much as possible. The sooner the season is over the quicker those guys can dedicate themselves to the gym. Contrary to what the maniacal fan base says, this team will be markedly better next year, with a chance to go to a major bowl. And those 30 practices next year will be hugely important to fine tune things leading into 2014, which will be our year to really make some noise. Additionally, we need to take the bowl ban bullet out of Jimbo's gun asap. It really impedes recruiting.

why the **** do we care about the missed practices. were not gonna win the ACC even if we make the title game and have we proven we can beat a single good team this year? whats the point of going to a crap bowl and maybe winning or maybe losing? we are going to be better next year regardless of the missed practices and id rather not handicap future teams when this current crappy one can take it. not a ton of seniors leaving the lineup this year and we return almost everyone so why do it to the next team? OSU may go undefeated and they cant do anything bc they decided to play in their crappy bowl last year that they lost bc they didnt think theyd get a ban. if anyone still thinks were skating you are def not thinking clear headed. we are gonna get another ban and maybe more so why not just get it over with now?

Missing practices with Coach D might be a very good thing.

Get this crap behind us. It's not like we're worth a ****, and it's certainly not like we'll win a bowl game.

But it IS certain that if we go to a bowl game, we'll get stomped in the public arena so badly that it will be embarrassing.

why the **** do we care about the missed practices. were not gonna win the ACC even if we make the title game and have we proven we can beat a single good team this year? whats the point of going to a crap bowl and maybe winning or maybe losing? we are going to be better next year regardless of the missed practices and id rather not handicap future teams when this current crappy one can take it. not a ton of seniors leaving the lineup this year and we return almost everyone so why do it to the next team? OSU may go undefeated and they cant do anything bc they decided to play in their crappy bowl last year that they lost bc they didnt think theyd get a ban. if anyone still thinks were skating you are def not thinking clear headed. we are gonna get another ban and maybe more so why not just get it over with now?

Pretty much

Advertisement
Nice Post.

I completely understand the concern, but we're faced with a Hobson's Choice. Damned if we do, damned if we don't. The fact is, however, Al is stripping this program down to the bones so he can build it back up for long term success. I think one has to assume the NCAA is going to hit us will a multi-year bowl ban. Our team is so young. We need guys like McCord, Moore, Jenkins, Kirby, Chick, Bush, and Scott in the weight room as much as possible. The sooner the season is over the quicker those guys can dedicate themselves to the gym. Contrary to what the maniacal fan base says, this team will be markedly better next year, with a chance to go to a major bowl. And those 30 practices next year will be hugely important to fine tune things leading into 2014, which will be our year to really make some noise. Additionally, we need to take the bowl ban bullet out of Jimbo's gun asap. It really impedes recruiting.

Nice post, the only thing is the bowl ban doesn't guarantee anything. I wish I knew more but I don't.

Advertisement
FWIW (which is probably not much) the crew announcing the FSU game said they expect Miami to self impose a bowl ban if we win today. Total speculation though.

Nice post, the only thing is the bowl ban doesn't guarantee anything. I wish I knew more but I don't.

If the NCAA doesn't think two bowls and a conference championship is enough, that means we are getting hit with a Penn State like sanction. I don't see that happening. UM doesn't either otherwise the top two compliance people wouldn't still be employed.

Advertisement
Back