You people asking for the bowl ban

better to be proactive than reactive and be scratching our heads saying what if next year with a good team and good record, IMO.

This doesn't mean we should do it before Duke. Let's assume we don't get the NOA before the Duke game.

Why self-impose before the Duke game? What sense does that make? There is no deadline to declare a ban, you don't have to do it IMMEDIATELY either. It is a good faith gesture, that is all.

Advertisement
Self impose and make Duke your bowl game.

You lose the team if you do that IMO. It would be really difficult to keep them focus if the game means NOTHING.

GTFOOH! Golden aint losing a **** thing! Take that ish somewheres else...

Nobody on this team is worried about missing a bowl game after backing into a championship in one of the worst conferences in D-1 football.

For those who think we'll be a good team, or have a good record (I consider 10-2 or better good), tell me why is that happening next year? This team is still missing talent next year. We've heard for 10 years about how much better the team will be with experience, and it hardly ever matters. I'm not seeing this big jump next year. And if we're the same team next year, we're probably going to a bowl game that isn't as good as what we could have this year.

You lose the team if you do that IMO. It would be really difficult to keep them focus if the game means NOTHING.

GTFOOH! Golden aint losing a **** thing! Take that ish somewheres else...

Nobody on this team is worried about missing a bowl game after backing into a championship in one of the worst conferences in D-1 football.

What the **** are you talking about?

It's not about missing a bowl game, it is about keeping focus that is all I am talking about. We need the team to stay focused and beat Duke bad. In case you forgot, we're not a good team.

Advertisement

You have much bigger problems if a bunch of freshmen and sophomores and guys auditioning for the NFL (Seantrel, Mcgee) give up on their last chance to put out good film.

If we beat Duke next week then, in all likely hood, we'd be playing FSU with not only a shot at going to the Orange Bowl ourselves, but to keep FSU out of it. FSU, if they were to lose in the ACC Championship, would fall to the Chick-fil-A bowl, or even farther (if Clemson doesn't get an at large BCS bid).

Something to ponder...

Our program doesnt exist to try and ruin FSU's season

Advertisement
For those who think we'll be a good team, or have a good record (I consider 10-2 or better good), tell me why is that happening next year? This team is still missing talent next year. We've heard for 10 years about how much better the team will be with experience, and it hardly ever matters. I'm not seeing this big jump next year. And if we're the same team next year, we're probably going to a bowl game that isn't as good as what we could have this year.

Honestly, it's not about our record next year. It's about what kids can potentially be in our program next year. I think people are seriously underestimating the importance of Golden putting together an outstanding 2013 recruiting class to go with the 2012 class. These 2013 kids are definitely worried about how they will be affected. Sucks for the current players, but it is what it is.

Honestly, it's not about our record next year. It's about what kids can potentially be in our program next year. I think people are seriously underestimating the importance of Golden putting together an outstanding 2013 recruiting class to go with the 2012 class. These 2013 kids are definitely worried about how they will be affected. Sucks for the current players, but it is what it is.

I agree with this. I think the 2013 kids would almost rather us self impose this year so they don't have to deal with it when they get to campus. I think maybe this decision affects them more adversely than the potential benefits of playing in the ACCCG and bowl game. AT least with the 2013 kids. 2014 and beyond who knows...

I agree with this. I think the 2013 kids would almost rather us self impose this year so they don't have to deal with it when they get to campus. I think maybe this decision affects them more adversely than the potential benefits of playing in the ACCCG and bowl game. AT least with the 2013 kids. 2014 and beyond who knows...

The kids not on the team who haven't signed their LOI have more to say then the current players, interesting.

The kids not on the team who haven't signed their LOI have more to say then the current players, interesting.

It's about the big picture. The same way it was when we self imposed in 95.

Advertisement

lose them for one game or potentially the whole season next year if they know they are getting a bowl ban next year. I would take my chances this year and potentially losing them against Duke. If we get a bowl ban next year and we didn't self impose, players can walk without sitting out a year, and then we are truly screwed with the scholly reductions. Take the bowl ban this year.

You have much bigger problems if a bunch of freshmen and sophomores and guys auditioning for the NFL (Seantrel, Mcgee) give up on their last chance to put out good film.

I just think the young kids (not so much the ones leaving) would benefit more from waiting for a decision on the ban till after the game. I don't see a deadline to declare a ban by the NCAA, keep them focused is all.

It's about the big picture. The same way it was when we self imposed in 95.

IIRC, we didn't self impose in 1995. We responded to the NOA the same day we received it and the. NCAA gave us the ban.

Last edited:
Advertisement

When we are building to get back to competing for national championships, YES. Abso****inglutely. They are the ones that are going to be playing in those big games. The seniors had their chance...

If they self impose that means we lighten the sanctions and we proceed to skating...if they don't self impose that means, we're clean, and we skating. We skating either way. Shouldn't be no more then scholarship reductions when sanctions come down.

When we are building to get back to competing for national championships, YES. Abso****inglutely. They are the ones that are going to be playing in those big games. The seniors had their chance...

How about building to win the Coastal?

What about the current freshman or sophomores, you know the kids actually enrolled in the program.

I understand how important recruiting is to the future, I just don't think one or two unsigned kids should dictate the program.

Advertisement
Back