You people asking for the bowl ban

It's a no brainer IMO, this is not a good team. They should def. self impose. It would be a shame if next year when they should actually be a pretty good team that they won't be able to go to the post season (ala arrogant Ohio State). It would not only be better for next years football team but it would benefit recruiting also. You could tell kids that the majority of this is behind us.

Advertisement
Y ban? OSU got 1yr, UNC 1yr, UCF 1yr. everyone knows y usc got 2 yrs because they would not help the ncaa, so the ncaa took it out on them. These seniors deserve a bowl game i dont care if its the **** bowl

Advertisement
Y ban? OSU got 1yr, UNC 1yr, UCF 1yr. everyone knows y usc got 2 yrs because they would not help the ncaa, so the ncaa took it out on them. These seniors deserve a bowl game i dont care if its the **** bowl

dont take any chances

OSU got 2 bowl bans

We will be a much better team next year. I don't want to take a chance and pull a OSU and have a solid season mean nothing. Take the ban this year and come back next year ready to beat ***.

Advertisement
**** that **** I want to face FSU again for the ACC Championship

even putting aside self-imposing's benefits with the ncaa, i honestly think that we would get absolutely obliterated if we played fsu a second time. we have more to lose by playing fsu again than we have to gain. if we were to beat them, that would be great, but i don't like our chances. if we were to hold them close, we still lose to our rivals twice in the same year and if we get blown out we look even worse. if we self-impose and beat down duke to end the year, it looks a lot better to recruits and ends the season on a high note.

Whatever they decide that have to do it now, which sucks because the team will tank if they impose.
They can't wait until after the Duke game, imagine the players resentment if they win the Coastal and then get told they're staying home.
I can't say I'd be surprised if they didn't self impose.

Still favoring playing. 1) We have no guarantee that this team will be any better next year. I 1 RB, good WR, inconsitent QB, and an overrated OL and no help on the way for offense; Defense is still relying on too many freshmen and JAG's, and we replace a K and a P? 2) We lose all bowl revenue if we self-impose this year because the ACC doesn't have enough teams to fill their allotment (not the case last year, and there's at least a chance next year is better for the ACC). 3) We can and will probably win the division, something that will be tougher next year; 4) these kids earned it, even if it was uglier than **** at times. I get the argument why taking the punsihment now is better, but I disagree entirely with any argument that an extra month in the weight room benefits us more than playing. IF that were true, anyone with a 7-5 or worse record would be begging the bowls not to take them. But we can't control what the NCA will do, I say make them take another year from us; I seriously doubt we would lose more than one more any way, so f em, just play.

Still favoring playing. 1) We have no guarantee that this team will be any better next year. I 1 RB, good WR, inconsitent QB, and an overrated OL and no help on the way for offense; Defense is still relying on too many freshmen and JAG's, and we replace a K and a P? 2) We lose all bowl revenue if we self-impose this year because the ACC doesn't have enough teams to fill their allotment (not the case last year, and there's at least a chance next year is better for the ACC). 3) We can and will probably win the division, something that will be tougher next year; 4) these kids earned it, even if it was uglier than **** at times. I get the argument why taking the punsihment now is better, but I disagree entirely with any argument that an extra month in the weight room benefits us more than playing. IF that were true, anyone with a 7-5 or worse record would be begging the bowls not to take them. But we can't control what the NCA will do, I say make them take another year from us; I seriously doubt we would lose more than one more any way, so f em, just play.

i mean if you've seen the **** that happened with ucla and indiana this week, i think we're far better safe than sorry. the ncaa is out of its **** mind.

Advertisement
take the ban. we wont beat FSU and even if we did do you think we would really have a chance in the orange bowl?? Missing 3 post season games would prolly have to mean something to the ncaa. even more so that we passed up a chance to go to our first acccg.

Self impose the bowl ban and get the whole Nevingate BS behind us. The choice is easy. Who gives a **** about a couple of practices? A .500 squad shouldn't be in a bowl game to begin with.

Advertisement
We aren't good, but this is a golden opportunity. There are now 2 options:

1) Beat Duke go to the ACC Championship Game.
2) Lose to Duke, GT goes to the ACC Championship Game.

If option 2 happens, we can self impose after the game, so no reason worrying about that.

If Option 1 happens, we:

1) Win the Coastal for the first time.
2) Give Golden a huge recruiting tool.
3) Greatly improve our bowl chances.

On #3, if we win the Coastal, we can't fall past the Sun Bowl. But even more importantly, we are likely to end up in the Chik-fil-a or at worst the Champs Sports bowl. If we lose to FSU in the ACC Championship Game, we are 7-6. But who else are they going to take? Clemson and FSU will probably be BCS bound. So, then who? The only other bowl eligible teams are:

NC State, who is 6-5.
Duke, 6-6 (we are assuming we beat them).
GT, 6-6 after they lose to UGA.
Maybe VT if they beat UVA, 6-6

That's it. We will get a good bowl game, period, if we beat Duke.

So, don't self impose, beat Duke, go to Charlotte and a good bowl, at worst Champs Sports.
Or, lose to Duke, and you can self impose after. Nothing should be done this week.

It's a no brainer

Any post with this leading on this topic is amazing.

So to sum up

No knowledge of the NCAA and their findings

+

No information from the administration

+

Never spoke with our attorney (Mike Glazier)

= No credible information on the investigation

This, to most, should sum up the bolded part but instead it is a "no brainer."

It's a no brainer

Any post with this leading on this topic is amazing.

So to sum up

No knowledge of the NCAA and their findings

+

No information from the administration

+

Never spoke with our attorney (Mike Glazier)

= No credible information on the investigation

This, to most, should sum up the bolded part but instead it is a "no brainer."

better to be proactive than reactive and be scratching our heads saying what if next year with a good team and good record, IMO.

Advertisement
Back