You guys remember Tony Grimes

Isn't this the kid who signed with Ole **** and then managed to get kicked out of school (AN SEC SCHOOL, think about that one for a minute) by the first semester?

People can change and we need the depth, I don't know if Golden will take a chance on the kid given his background. JMO

Advertisement
Isn't this the kid who signed with Ole **** and then managed to get kicked out of school (AN SEC SCHOOL, think about that one for a minute) by the first semester?

People can change and we need the depth, I don't know if Golden will take a chance on the kid given his background. JMO

Given our lack of depth I think he should.

I'm not throwing **** around. I knew about Armbrister coming to Miami long before it hit the web; just saying don't be surprised if this kid is a Cane.

I would welcome Grimes with open arms

Lots of kids have bad attitudes in high school that are evened out by a dose of reality in their early adult years

Advertisement
1. Sure sounds like he has grown up some, and I trust the coaching staff and current team to help keep him his mind right.

2. We are freaking desperate for exactly the type of skills this kid has. Again, if he has the grades, take him.

The article really makes it seem like the kid has turned it around. ****, Yuma is a really isolated place. It abviously took a serious commitment from him to go out there and continue working on his education and football. Im all for a second chance if a kids earned it.

The article really makes it seem like the kid has turned it around. ****, Yuma is a really isolated place. It abviously took a serious commitment from him to go out there and continue working on his education and football. Im all for a second chance if a kids earned it.

And we have the coach's in place that won't let him become a cancer to the program IMO.

Advertisement
I read this article on ITU and the kid sounds like if Miami wants him, he'd jump on it. Same story with the other top JC CB, Travell Dixon. We need guys ready to jump in and play right away.

I remember this kid vividly. Wanted to come here badly but Shannon didnt like his attitude; I believe he had an incident or 2 in HS and we all know how Blandy was about that stuff. I dont think he ever received a committable offer.

I can't imagine what he did at Ole Miss to get kicked off -Doesn't seem that Nutt has ever desired to run a clean ship.

Advertisement
Well for the past 2 years the kid has now lived in Starkville, MS, Bumphuq, KS and Yuma, AZ. I have to think Coral Gables/south Florida are looking good to him these days. lol

Grimes was offered today along with Travel Dixon:

*Four-star corner Travell Dixon from Eastern Arizona tells Scout.com, "Today I was offered by Mississippi State, FIU (Florida International) and The U (Miami)." Dixon is one of the nation's most highly regarded corners and has offers from Alabama, Nebraska, Oklahoma and many other top programs.

*Arizona Western corner Tony Grimes has been offered by South Florida and Miami according to AWC head coach Tom Minnick. Grimes started a few games at Ole Miss last year.

Advertisement
Grimes was offered today along with Travel Dixon:

*Four-star corner Travell Dixon from Eastern Arizona tells Scout.com, "Today I was offered by Mississippi State, FIU (Florida International) and The U (Miami)." Dixon is one of the nation's most highly regarded corners and has offers from Alabama, Nebraska, Oklahoma and many other top programs.

*Arizona Western corner Tony Grimes has been offered by South Florida and Miami according to AWC head coach Tom Minnick. Grimes started a few games at Ole Miss last year.

Hopefully those offers are legit. We obviously need help.

Advertisement
Back