You guys remember Tony Grimes

Golden is not f-ing around. Bring in both those kids, and the impact is immediate. I won't say we're competing for Championships, but it's the type of managerial reaction we haven't seen in Coral Gables in quite some time. It's what a great CEO does.

Advertisement
Bringing them both in immediately strengthens the secondary and allows the HS kids a year to shirt and get stronger.

Kid seems like a cancer. He's saying the right things now, but he's been booted or left 2 teams/ programs. That's a red flag. I would probably pass.

Kid seems like a cancer. He's saying the right things now, but he's been booted or left 2 teams/ programs. That's a red flag. I would probably pass.

I usually feel the same way. Then I think of some of the nonsense I got into when I was 17 and 18. I learned from it. Kid is really saying the right things. Nothing more dangerous that a kid who KNOWS he's on his last chance. That's a fighter. We have enough good kids to influence him. And frankly, we need some bad mother ****ers.

Advertisement
Perhaps Bomb. Saying the right things means little however as you know. It's doing the right things that matter. He's doing the right things in a low-stress environment where he's likely the baddest dude walking on the field. While some people might say that this response to failure is meaningful, I would say that it's marginal evidence if any. The real stress test is when he's at a place like Miami where there are dudes that are just as good or better than him around him, taking his playing time, and who don't give a rat's *** who he is, where's he's from, or what he's gone through. If he can make it there, then count me in as impressed. I won't question Golden for taking him, but I wouldn't question him for not taking him either. It's a judgement call with the worst case scenario being that you have a local kid, with friends nearby, who becomes a cancer. That's a disaster for a coach rebuilding a program and creating a culture.

Advertisement
Back