You Clowns STILL Gonna Defend Uncle Puke?

Lol at anybody who gave Amari Cooper a soft verbal offer.
Yeah bama wasn’t to high on him either I guess they lucked out.

Advertisement
I am dropping it, my friend. I hate when threads get derailed by "race" talk. I've addressed what I felt was an ignorant comment and should have left it there, instead of getting caught up in a back and forth about race, hence contributing to the derailing of the thread.

No worries. I’ll roll with you every time.

Yea but at the end of the day Luke will still deliver players to UM if we want them. What the **** can/would Dan LeBetard ever do for UM??

Dude said this year when we were on fire that UCF would run rough shod over us..he was close to saying FAU as well. This is a guy that likely didnt watch more than 2 um games on the year. He didnt pick us vs vtech or nd. He shows up on the 30 for 30s because he is a espn employee with a gas station Miami hat like he is some Representation of Miami (the city or school)..when hes a chump from Miramar. The old Miramar..not even the current demographic.,..that went to Chaminade Madonna in Hollywood.

Ok then, doublefūck Lebastard, he gets no love from me. I’d have no problem slapping his fat face for what he did. He’ll never be forgiven.

TBH, Cook was initially snubbed. We rated his teammate higher. Thats a well known fact. See how that worked out.

Freeman and Cooper stories are factual. Bridgwater, Lamar Jackson et al... The recurring theme Luke is discussing is correct. Besides, when those guys were coming out and we were running WE-FENSE, and had folden, and even randy as coaches, would YOU have wanted to play for Miami?

Some times I feel bad for legacies like Chickilo etc because they were coming here regardless in the ****tiest of times, and did it for the love. It was almost a career killer for a lot of them.

Luke talks out of his *** 90% of the time, but I think when you take your U glasses off for a second and see he is trying to push pretty much all of pork n beans into a 4 year university, he really does deserve a bit of slack. Just a bit.

He's a highschool coach now, it would be incorrect for him to wear U glasses 24/7 and push every kid there. Hes always gonna get butt hurt when one kid thats a diamond in the rough doesnt get a Miami offer and goes to Marshall and has a good career, but thats how it is. We now are offering and evaluating top talent.

TBH, Cook was initially snubbed. We rated his teammate higher. Thats a well known fact. See how that worked out.

Freeman and Cooper stories are factual. Bridgwater, Lamar Jackson et al... The recurring theme Luke is discussing is correct. Besides, when those guys were coming out and we were running WE-FENSE, and had folden, and even randy as coaches, would YOU have wanted to play for Miami?

Some times I feel bad for legacies like Chickilo etc because they were coming here regardless in the ****tiest of times, and did it for the love. It was almost a career killer for a lot of them.

Luke talks out of his *** 90% of the time, but I think when you take your U glasses off for a second and see he is trying to push pretty much all of pork n beans into a 4 year university, he really does deserve a bit of slack. Just a bit.

He's a highschool coach now, it would be incorrect for him to wear U glasses 24/7 and push every kid there. Hes always gonna get butt hurt when one kid thats a diamond in the rough doesnt get a Miami offer and goes to Marshall and has a good career, but thats how it is. We now are offering and evaluating top talent.

Yeah.....no.

Advertisement
Dude, you are starting to show your true color, my friend. Your post has no merit or substance. What did I defend? Enlighten me. I dont like Luke because he is slimy as f'uck. It has nothing to do with him being black. I clearly stated, at the beginning of my post, that I dislike Luke. You, on the other hand, have now mentioned in two different post in this very thread, that Luke is playing the "race card". So let me ask, what card are you playing?

i reread my post and, my bad, didnt mean "you defending him". was intended to say 'anyone defending him". And no, him being slimy has zero to do with him being black. But, him being slimy and black allows him to play the race card when it doesnt merit it, just like a slimy woman will cry sexism when its not happening.. And sadly Luke has a vehicle to communicate his garbage

Yea but at the end of the day Luke will still deliver players to UM if we want them. What the **** can/would Dan LeBetard ever do for UM??

Dude said this year when we were on fire that UCF would run rough shod over us..he was close to saying FAU as well. This is a guy that likely didnt watch more than 2 um games on the year. He didnt pick us vs vtech or nd. He shows up on the 30 for 30s because he is a espn employee with a gas station Miami hat like he is some Representation of Miami (the city or school)..when hes a chump from Miramar. The old Miramar..not even the current demographic.,..that went to Chaminade Madonna in Hollywood.

I agree, LeBetard is complete a$$. I met his brother at art auction and he is one also. Like most media lefties, he hate The U for what the kids did on their own here. I never listen to the fool or his clown sidekick or silly father. That said, Luke acts like he is suppose to own The U and use it for his own purposes and his act has gotten old and tired.

I understand that Luther probably has a sincere interest in trying to hep as many city kids get a chance as possible. That is fine, but I never hear him attack any of the other schools. Does he even mention discomfort as a black man at Bama, Ole Miss, MSU, FSU, UF? I have never seen it. Nope, just the school that actually opened the doors for all these kids by showing the world what they could do.

I try to be a good little boy and not judge people but I am not someone who believes that people's "intentions" are what they say they are. Could it be that this is nothing more than a washed up entertainer seeking as much publicity as he can get and using "helping kids" as he vehicle because it is all he has? Maybe he is completely sincere, but that doesn't quite jive with his clear "scored woman" act concerning The U. Let's see him sling some ***** at Saban for just cherry picking down here.

That was a bluff and everyone knew it. You must be younger then 40 years old to think Luke would have snitched on us the way LeBatard did. I am not caping for Luke because he has done some things to the U that has hurt the university but at the end of the day, they keep letting him in Greentree for a reason. (shrugs)

He hasn't been banned yet by Richt. And Richt aint with the $hits and I think we all know that by now.

I don't see the point in hating LeBatard. He is (or, was) a journalist - digging up dirt and exposing stories, that's what they do. If he hadn't "broken the news," all of that garbage would have come out eventually anyway, and our probation for the Pell Grant stuff would have just been delayed by a year, 2, 3, who knows. In retrospect, better that it happened when it did.

I never read that article at the time. It kinda confirms some things I suspected, especially about the Sugar Bowl against Alabama. I was in New Orleans for that game, and I kept hearing stories about how the players and coaches were out on Bourbon Street every night getting hammered. They were staying at the Le Meridien on Canal St., right in the thick of it all. Meanwhile, Alabama was staying far away at some dump motel in Mississippi, doing nothing but focusing on the game. Hearing all that, I knew we were screwed before the game even started. That team could have won that game, if the players and coaches had taken it seriously.

Advertisement
I don't see the point in hating LeBatard. He is (or, was) a journalist - digging up dirt and exposing stories, that's what they do. If he hadn't "broken the news," all of that garbage would have come out eventually anyway, and our probation for the Pell Grant stuff would have just been delayed by a year, 2, 3, who knows. In retrospect, better that it happened when it did.

I never read that article at the time. It kinda confirms some things I suspected, especially about the Sugar Bowl against Alabama. I was in New Orleans for that game, and I kept hearing stories about how the players and coaches were out on Bourbon Street every night getting hammered. They were staying at the Le Meridien on Canal St., right in the thick of it all. Meanwhile, Alabama was staying far away at some dump motel in Mississippi, doing nothing but focusing on the game. Hearing all that, I knew we were screwed before the game even started. That team could have won that game, if the players and coaches had taken it seriously.

You don't see a problem with what Lebatard does? He had people that he was closed to in the program and basically violated their trust to put his own gain before anything. He trashed his university and is a snitch.

You mention that this would've been put out there eventually. You think Miami's the only school that did this back in the day? You think that people that make it to the national spotlight in the media only get there via the route that Lebatard did?

I'm sorry, but you can't have it both ways. You can't say that we "softballed" recruits and then follow it up with "but they wouldn't have played for Golden/Shannon anyways". You're making an argument against your own case. I can't speak for Freeman or Cooper, but Bridgewater decommitted because we fired Randy Shannon - nothing more, nothing less.

This is true and part of why we all love Chickilo and are happy with his success in the NFL.

Aren't all youth and HS football coaches doing this? I'm not going to take a soft stance on Luke because he's doing the job he is being payed to do. What most of us have issue with is the under-the-table games he's playing while advocating his position as a mentor and moral compass for south Florida kids. Just because he doesn't work for a major sports agency doesn't mean he isn't using their playbook.

He's a highschool coach now, it would be incorrect for him to wear U glasses 24/7 and push every kid there. Hes always gonna get butt hurt when one kid thats a diamond in the rough doesn't get a Miami offer and goes to Marshall and has a good career, but thats how it is. We now are offering and evaluating top talent.
Luke has and always will be self-serving. Post-Shapiro, Miami and Golden were forced to play by the rules which meant they had to disconnect from people like Luke. He's not mad that we didn't offer some of his kids, he's mad that he lost his connection to the university which in part helped line his pockets. Luke doesn't love Miami football, he loves the financial opportunity it can provide him.

Advertisement
Isn't his wife a sports agent or something too?
Not exactly. She's a lawyer and Luke has players hire her to help negotiate contracts with sports agencies. I believe she "co-represents" them which basically means she is not licensed to be their agent but is still paid for legal consultation/support.

Advertisement
You get no love from me once you bad mouth UM. Someone else mentioned you never see him dogging out other schools the way he goes after UM

Not exactly. She's a lawyer and Luke has players hire her to help negotiate contracts with sports agencies. I believe she "co-represents" them which basically means she is not licensed to be their agent but is still paid for legal consultation/support.

OK. I thought I remembered someone mentioning he had some other motivation to help potential athletes before. That sounds so convoluted hiring another party to represent you to a party that is going to represent you to the people who will actually hire you. I can't imagine that is a standard practice.

No worries. I’ll roll with you every time.
tenor (3).gif

Advertisement
Back