You Clowns STILL Gonna Defend Uncle Puke?

That was a bluff and everyone knew it. You must be younger then 40 years old to think Luke would have snitched on us the way LeBatard did. I am not caping for Luke because he has done some things to the U that has hurt the university but at the end of the day, they keep letting him in Greentree for a reason. (shrugs)

He hasn't been banned yet by Richt. And Richt aint with the $hits and I think we all know that by now.

Who cares if that was a bluff? He publicly blackmailed the school. He trashes is to the media, blackmails is, and has gotten us in trouble with the NCAA but you guys white knight for him because he wore a Canes jacket on tv.

Advertisement
OK. I thought I remembered someone mentioning he had some other motivation to help potential athletes before. That sounds so convoluted hiring another party to represent you to a party that is going to represent you to the people who will actually hire you. I can't imagine that is a standard practice.
Correct - it's appears to be a loophole that allows Luke + wife to act as agents while technically only being "legal representation". Just another example of Luke cashing in on his "investments in the community" to which he attacks Vilma for.

Luke is a Fraud. Luke only cares about Luke's image. People that do charitable things don't run around looking for praise for doing those charitable things unless they have a self serving purpose.

Correct - it's appears to be a loophole that allows Luke + wife to act as agents while technically only being "legal representation". Just another example of Luke cashing in on his "investments in the community" to which he attacks Vilma for.
I know when she was starting off she was "Co-repping" players but currently she is a registered agent, not sure when she got certified though.
https://www.nflpa.com/agents/profile/TkRNMU1qZz01

Advertisement
I know when she was starting off she was "Co-repping" players but currently she is a registered agent, not sure when she got certified though.
https://www.nflpa.com/agents/profile/TkRNMU1qZz01
Good catch, Fenny. Had to of been in the last 1-2 years because the information I had was from an article written in 2016 about the Campbell's relationship with players and the NFLPA.

Fair enough, but we should blame Dennis Erickson for that article at least as much as LeBetard. I dislike LeBetard very very much, he is lazy, simple, and is essentially nothing more than a shock jock who does and says things purely for attention. He's boring and uninteresting to listen to as a result. He's also a disingenuous poser who latches himself to things that will raise his Q-rating. He's trash.

All of that said, nothing in that article (and a lot of it was lies, innuendo, or exaggeration anyway) would have been true if Erickson had not been a piece of trash as a head coach and steward for the program. When it comes right down to it, Erickson is the man we have to blame for so much of the pain and suffering the program has been through over the years.

Fair enough, but we should blame Dennis Erickson for that article at least as much as LeBetard. I dislike LeBetard very very much, he is lazy, simple, and is essentially nothing more than a shock jock who does and says things purely for attention. He's boring and uninteresting to listen to as a result. He's also a disingenuous poser who latches himself to things that will raise his Q-rating. He's trash.

All of that said, nothing in that article (and a lot of it was lies, innuendo, or exaggeration anyway) would have been true if Erickson had not been a piece of trash as a head coach and steward for the program. When it comes right down to it, Erickson is the man we have to blame for so much of the pain and suffering the program has been through over the years.

I'm the LAST guy to defend Fat Dan when it comes to his relationship with UM and even as some sort of "face" of Miami (He grew up in Miramar). I do believe that he gets too much credit as the faux journalist that "took down" UM though.

I was a kid at the time so some of the oldheads can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe all that brilliant investigative journalism aimed at destroying our program by the local media took place during a newspaper war in South Florida. I think the Sun Sentinel was actually the paper that broke the stories (the Pell grant fiasco, etc) and lazy ol' Dan just jumped on the pile-up after with articles like these.

That should still give him ZERO respect by Canes fans and in fact is worse than actually breaking the stories. That you'd sell out your school just to jump in a sensationalistic pile-on is as contemptible as Ol' Puke's completely fraudulent existence.

Thankfully it's not an either-or type of situation here on who we as Canes fans can despise.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Aren't all youth and HS football coaches doing this? I'm not going to take a soft stance on Luke because he's doing the job he is being payed to do.

IIRC, Luke was either the first one, or one of the first ones in SoFla, to load kids up in a van and take em' to different football camps throughout the Southeast. Back in those days, a kid's chances of playing CFB had a lot to do with whether the HS coach sent the tape out or not...****, I read a story about a HS coach that hid letters from Colleges from a kid. A lot of those kids Luke was taking on the road never stepped foot on a College campus...so yeah, it was a big deal.

And I have no problem with Luke lining His pockets off a kid long as long He has their best interests at heart, College coaches do the same $h!t.

The better the players, the better your chances of winning...the more you win, the longer these coaches can make these 6-7 figure salaries, to go along with potential career advancement...welcome to CFB.

Good for the goose, good for the gander.

Last edited:
I'm fine arguing all these other aspects about Ol' Puke's existence but it is telling that any defense of him is never one (with a straight face) about his fraudulent Canes fandom.

It's always some tale about what he does in the hood or some justification about his wife's shady ****, etc. but it's never a real rebuttal of Vilma's initial statement that he's a fraudulent Cane.

You don't get to act like the biggest piece of **** person connected even tangentially to this program and then get to justify your scumbaggery by saying "But Al Golden sucked!!!".

Us REAL Canes get to say Golden sucks, Lebatard sucks AND Ol' Puke sucks. If you choose specific sides in that ****pie then you're choosing against this program and this school.

Advertisement
Luke's story of representing the community and doing what's best for the kids would play better if he didn't personally benefit from it quite so much. Even if he's the hero he makes himself out to be, he needs to cut the sht with Miami. When it's convenient, he's all Cane. Then when it's not, he's just doing what's best for the kids. He's a self centered greedy little fcker who's only out for himself.

It's always some tale about what he does in the hood or some justification about his wife's shady ****, etc. but it's never a real rebuttal of Vilma's initial statement that he's a fraudulent Cane.

What's their to rebut, Vilma never substantiated His assertion that Luke was a pipeline to FSU. The 2 kids He was associated with that did go there (Freeman & Rice) got slow-played. Vilma should've left it alone.

What's their to rebut, Vilma never substantiated His assertion that Luke was a pipeline to FSU. The 2 kids He was associated with that did go there (Freeman & Rice) got slow-played. Vilma should've left it alone.

I don't even care about the semantics of one or two or five kids that can be cherrypicked here. Vilma's initial Tweet was this:

The part that is relevant is the one word all encompassing sentence that Vilma slapped upside Ol' Puke's head.

Fraud. Period.

So some of y'all can argue about if Cook had an offer or if we slowplayed some other kid but I think it's abundantly clear from EVERYTHING else discussed here that the "Fraud." is the real gist of this entire little discussion and Puke's poorly ghostwritten response embodies it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back