Yo mopes where you at

Advertisement
Jimmy Johnson fired his defensive staff immediately following his first season in Miami.

How dare you say that!

Some of those guys left JJ's staff WITHOUT BEING FIRED, so that means it "didn't count" according to the Mope Squad...

The irony is that Manny made these hires because the defense did in fact turn out to be *** against any offense with a pulse, which is primarily what the mope squad was *****ing about all season. You would think that would vindicate most of the accused, if not justify their mopery. But on CiS Manny making solid hires on his second crack at it, which have been universally praised for the most part, is reason for the slurpers to wipe his drip off their chin and thump their chest before a single Spring practice.

That Bama game's gonna be fun.
Teams are gunna put up points. Teams are gunns score. UNC is unacceptable. Clemson was a game were you had to put up at least 35 to win going in. The bowl same story, at least 30. It’s 2020. U need to be geared to scoring points week in and week. If you have a elite D but poor O your gunna lose a lot of games in 2021

Advertisement
Funny fun fact. Blake baker wasn’t fired either..

Yes, but the Mope Squad is never happy with the new coaches, they are OBSESSED with in-person firings, because pushing a guy out is just not good enough. The Mope Squad is full of tuff guys who have never held managerial positions where they had to fire anyone in their lives.

Some memories on here are about as long as my ******.

Let’s revisit Manny’s HC timeline.

Disclaimer: this is not an endorsement or indictment
of Manny, just facts.

In Jan of 19, Manny was named HC. The elephant in the room was the offense. He proceeded to fire the O staph and replaced them with, arguably at the time, the hottest OC on the market - Enos. New WR corch, and new OL corch. His defense was still very serviceable.

The new O hires were a complete bust, so last year, he didn’t hesitate and fired them and again brought in one of hottest OC’s on the market coupled with a very experienced WR coach and highly regarded and experienced OL coach. On top of that , he got the best QB in the portal to transfer to the U and the offense was dramatically improved even during a pandemic that limited practice time.

His D obviously regressed last year and Manny didn’t hesitate to make changes. Didn’t happen fast enough for some, but the results so far speak for themselves. Additionally, several upper classmen have decided to return that will help with depth and leadership.

Year 2 in Lashlee’s offense coupled with the coaching changes on the defense and an experienced roster SHOULD provide for a successful season.

My expectations? 10-2 regular season with an ACCCG game appearance and a major bowl bid.

Anything less will be viewed as underperforming.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The irony is that Manny made these hires because the defense did in fact turn out to be *** against any offense with a pulse, which is primarily what the mope squad was *****ing about all season. You would think that would vindicate most of the accused, if not justify their mopery. But on CiS Manny making solid hires on his second crack at it, which have been universally praised for the most part, is reason for the slurpers to wipe his drip off their chin and thump their chest before a single Spring practice.

That Bama game's gonna be fun.
I’m schizophrenic on Manny. I mope and I slurp. I slurp and I mope. If truth be told, I really long for the @brock vs @nystateofmind news wars. My gif inspirations in that battle - a fictitious war created only in my brain and promulgated onto this board for my and your amusement - has not seen anything that could remotely inspire me the same way until now. I’ve got a lot of pot stirring gif entertainment emotions riding on this dynamic.

That's my point and why I specifically mentioned LSU. Ed O got lucky, we'll see how long he'll be there with another subpar season at LSU.
Did you forget that Brian Kelley has repeatedly ****-canned OC/DCs, Lincoln Riley fires O & D coaches on the regular, and Ryan Day cleaned house of several coaches? Successful (and un-successful) coaches are always firing or replacing coaches.

That's my point and why I specifically mentioned LSU. Ed O got lucky, we'll see how long he'll be there with another subpar season at LSU.

Urban Meyer and Harbaugh have dumped everything from DCs to OCs.

Remember Schiano and Brown?

The point you try and make is ludicrous

Advertisement
We've seen extremism with politics (Rs vs. Ds) and it's not playing too differently here. The camp of mopes vs. slurpers lacks a lot of folks in the middle who can champion some of Manny's success but also critique his failures. Instead, people seem to fall into 1 camp and can't find a more nuanced, balanced approach to assessing the program and Manny's moves. But whatever. I've been on this board since the Grassy days and it's never really changed in that regard.

This fanbase suffers from both extremes.

Us mopes have had a lot to mope about over last 2 decades. It’s engraved in many of our DNA’s at this point. The first sign of bad football we come out swinging.

On the opposite side of the spectrum the first sign of life in this football program the slurpers/sunshine pumpers are out in full swing screaming “we back” at the top of their lungs.

We don’t have many many die hards in the middle. It’s usually one extreme or the other.

We've seen extremism with politics (Rs vs. Ds) and it's not playing too differently here. The camp of mopes vs. slurpers lacks a lot of folks in the middle who can champion some of Manny's success but also critique his failures. Instead, people seem to fall into 1 camp and can't find a more nuanced, balanced approach to assessing the program and Manny's moves. But whatever. I've been on this board since the Grassy days and it's never really changed in that regard.
I think the majority here are who you are describing, they’re just not as vocal as the mopes and slurpers. Like I said a few posts up, I mope and I slurp. I slurp and I mope. Most of us are in the middle and recognize the good things, are honest about what can improve and do not have a pro or anti- Manny agenda. We just want what’s best for us to succeed.

The thing is, it's not about moping or slurping. It's fair to have certain expectations as long as they're realistic. It's also fair to want changes if realistic expectations aren't met. Am I going to throw a fit if Miami doesn't go undefeated and blow out every opponent? Of course not. Am I going to be happy with an underachieving 8-4 type of season? Of course not.

Advertisement
Back