Yearby

Yearby clearly didn't mesh with Rick and Brown. It's really that simple. They either didn't like his work habits, his attitude or both. Conversely, Walton is one of Rick's favorite guys on the team.

Agree with this. Pretty obvious this coaching staff didn't place a lot of trust in Yearby. Clearly struggles in pass pro and IIRC he had a pretty costly fumble at the end of one of our games this year.

With how quickly he made that IG post about leaving, I'd be willing to bet he has been talking about it openly for some time now. And considering all of that, if I was a coach I wouldn't necessarily be inclined to reward him with more carries either.

Advertisement
Homer and Richt opened the game running into essentially a nine-man front. Yearby is gone and Burns is questionable because of his health. Next year we will have Walton, Homer, Choc, and Anthony assuming Ant comes and Gus transfers. We need two backs at least in this next cycle.

It wasn't a mystery. You need a journalist to spoon feed you the obvious? You want a local newspaper to run a story asking how a coaching staff "turned on a 'homegrown' Cane" just to embarrass the kid and the staff? Weird thing for a Canes fan to want. Any fan who actually watched games will know that Yearby was about as bad at pass pro as you can get. I mean totally whiffing blocks and getting Kaaya **** near killed. Doesn't matter how good a RB might be with his legs, if he can't even do a minimum of pass pro he is a liability. Any time he steps on the field, the defense will know 100% that it is going to be a run because if you try and get cute and run a pass play, Kaaya will be leaving on a stretcher.

You DMF's keep talking about pass pro and wouldn't know a pass pro blocking assignment to save your life. Everyone with any common sense knows that there is other issues going on here other than play on the football field.

You DMF's keep talking about pass pro and wouldn't know a pass pro blocking assignment to save your life. Everyone with any common sense knows that there is other issues going on here other than play on the football field.

You seem like a guy who reads Cosmo to keep up with the Kardashians. Whatever personal problems he has are his business. He isn't getting on the field because Gus Edwards is more reliable. Coaches don't have to worry about him fumbling or blocking. Walton is the clear number one and coaches want him on the field as much as possible. The question is who gives Walton a breather. 100% of coaches will go with the more reliable back.

Advertisement

You seem like a guy who reads Cosmo to keep up with the Kardashians. Whatever personal problems he has are his business. He isn't getting on the field because Gus Edwards is more reliable. Coaches don't have to worry about him fumbling or blocking. Walton is the clear number one and coaches want him on the field as much as possible. The question is who gives Walton a breather. 100% of coaches will go with the more reliable back.

And you seem like a guy that follows recruiting and canes news; what's the difference? Now that I see your flag you just representing your ignorance...

And you seem like a guy that follows recruiting and canes news; what's the difference? Now that I see your flag you just representing your ignorance...

So you are of the belief that if there was a negative story about UM, the SFL media would have missed it? You are actively seeking negative press about the program after the first bowl win in 10 years and with a month left in recruiting? Makes sense.

So you are of the belief that if there was a negative story about UM, the SFL media would have missed it? You are actively seeking negative press about the program after the first bowl win in 10 years and with a month left in recruiting? Makes sense.

Why would you assume every story has to be negative? Reporters jobs are to report the story positive or negative. You should never fear canes insight!!!

Advertisement

Why would you assume every story has to be negative? Reporters jobs are to report the story positive or negative. You should never fear canes insight!!!

Journalism has fallen off. Doesn't change that you are seeking negativity:

It just shows how far journalism has fallen off. There is no way a thousand yard back that is home grown goes out this way at the University of Miami and so many writers claim to be in the know and they can't even break the story!!! This should never go down that way for a good kid from Dade and we get no explanation. WTF!!!

What positive story do you see here? Yearby been working on a cure for diseases at the medical school and going to focus on winning awards and becoming a doctor forgoing the draft? Yearby told the coaching staff that Walton was better and he should play more snaps?

Smfh, y'all are insane...

The nitpicking done by this fanbase is some straight up horse****...

Walton is the better back, yall don't have any argument to make other than you just want to bash Walton.

nobody trolling and nobody bashing Walton here. just weird how a thousand yard back who performed very well (even against solid competition) fell to third on the depth chart.

I'm not even saying yearby should be ahead of Walton, but at least 60-40 split of carries, not third behind the softest 230 rb I've ever seen in gus

I haven't said anything about mark Walton not excelling (although I could post his power five rushing stats)

Spot on except the power 12 stats won't work as a good indicator do to our power-less OL. What I would love to know is what ACTUALLY happened to Joe's playing time. This is a solid question and has yet to be answered other than by wild conjecture. His 1000 yd season wasn't too shabby especially considering a poor OL that was a year less experienced. Walton more physical but not as quick cuts as Joe. Both are similar in receiving. Joe has the best field vision (perhaps due to more experience). #7 has consistently proved himself to be tyhe 3rd back on the team. So again, what happened to Joe's playing time?

Journalism has fallen off. Doesn't change that you are seeking negativity:

It just shows how far journalism has fallen off. There is no way a thousand yard back that is home grown goes out this way at the University of Miami and so many writers claim to be in the know and they can't even break the story!!! This should never go down that way for a good kid from Dade and we get no explanation. WTF!!!

What positive story do you see here? Yearby been working on a cure for diseases at the medical school and going to focus on winning awards and becoming a doctor forgoing the draft? Yearby told the coaching staff that Walton was better and he should play more snaps?

If that happens to be the story, see how positive that is and better yet it's a positive reflection on the university and the student athlete. However, if it's some BS it to needs to be reported! If he was stealing laptops it would be front page news and 30 posts on CIS talking about his negative behavior... Bout time good student athletes get some justice!!!

Last edited:
Not sure what the dispute is about. Walton is the better back (and also a home grown kid). Yearby fell behind him. Gus is not as good as Yearby (although he did run pretty strong last night), but he provides, as a second back, a totally different look and feel from Walton, where Yearby's differences with Walton are quite subtle. As Franchise stated, Yearby was also just not as valued by the coaching staff. Walton became their stud, and they wanted to spell him with a back of a different style. Choosing who gets carries hopefully has nothing to do with where the back is from, or what his counting stats were with a different staff. This is not a big melodramatic story. Happens at different positions to every team in the country nearly every year. 1 kid moves up, another falls behind.

I echo the sentiments of others on here in that I'm excited to see Walton keep rolling and Homer step up next season. His play on special teams has been ferocious. He obviously has a lot of physical skill and desire.

Advertisement
Smfh, y'all are insane...

The nitpicking done by this fanbase is some straight up horse****...

Walton is the better back, yall don't have any argument to make other than you just want to bash Walton.
It is a great question to ask and I am not sure why you don't want the answer. As featured backs, Walton and Yearby had the same rushing stats so why would UM bench one? Especially one that has been playing since his freshman season. Yearby made plays his freshman season behind Duke and put the team on his back last year and made played when UM desperately needed them. So many want to know what happened?

Frank put Willis on the bench and he would have rode that pine as long as Frank was healthy. It is what it is! Walton was a true Freshman when Yearby ran for 1K., but kids mature, recruits come in and competition creates a new depth chart. That's what this is about and there doesn't need to be a media "explanation" from SMD and the like to explain it.

Joe can either stay to work on his game and compete for PT or go pro. I think going pro is in his best interest, because with Homer, Burns, & likely McFarland coming to compete it's going to be a tough to rise from being the 3rd stringer he is now.

Your point would make sense if Walton was putting up Barry Sanders type numbers but he wasn't. For most of the year against strong competition, Yearby was the one moving the chains.

I would personally like to know what happened. Yearby can run and catch extremely well so why faze him out completely?

Syracuse's RB got more carries than Yearby last night. Yearby looked like he had fresh legs and made things happen on the couple of carries he had. I don't know why they didn't give Yearby more carries last night.

My thought is they knew Yearbys leaving and they're trying to keep Gus happy so he stays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Yearby clearly didn't mesh with Rick and Brown. It's really that simple. They either didn't like his work habits, his attitude or both. Conversely, Walton is one of Rick's favorite guys on the team.

I agree. And that is why I say that journalism has fallen off. This story should have been broken already. I can see if this was Pat Riley's Miami Heat or the Belichick's Patriots but you mean to tell me they can't get a story out of the University of Miami?

There's not really anything to break, unless you're saying some journalist should have ran with hearsay, rumors and speculation. No one from inside of the program is going to go on record with that being the reason Yearby saw decreased carries as the season went on.

I can't ******* wait to see what Homer can do.

That kid played special teams like a man possessed.

I agree. And that is why I say that journalism has fallen off. This story should have been broken already. I can see if this was Pat Riley's Miami Heat or the Belichick's Patriots but you mean to tell me they can't get a story out of the University of Miami?

There's not really anything to break, unless you're saying some journalist should have ran with hearsay, rumors and speculation. No one from inside of the program is going to go on record with that being the reason Yearby saw decreased carries as the season went on.

I call BS!!! The whole recruiting forum is built around hearsay, rumors and speculation... For all the locks on WR's floating around there someone should call the manufacture and tell them either someone has stolen the master key or the combination!!! Now, if it was the kids fault they would have written about it like they have done every kid that has signed a letter of intent. Look, I don't want to see the university or the student athlete negatively written about in the press. However, if it's good for one it should be good for the other. If we are going to rebuild this program it should not be rebuilt on a shady foundation. I'd rather see it come to light now before we get all of the new pieces put together rather than wait and someone drops the bomb and exposes everything later.

Advertisement
Back