Yearby

407cane

All-ACC
running game struggled mightily against the WVU front 7. Walton padded his stats a little bit later but struggled heavily. I really hope yearby doesn't leave early, I'm not a Walton hater but after watching all the games this year I am unsure how he can receive so many more touches than yearby who always seems to see the field better and make stronger cuts up field.

Mcfarland coming in would help, as well with Robert burns I guess doesn't matter too much but I wonder the mass difference that the coaching staff sees between the two backs

Advertisement
Really not sure what happened with Yearby this year. Seemed he was the number two back early on in the year. For so,emreason they gave Gus more carries now. Yearby is the better back. Gus sucks. Yearby probably gone and Gus should transfer. Hope to see homer break out next year

It just shows how far journalism has fallen off. There is no way a thousand yard back that is home grown goes out this way at the University of Miami and so many writers claim to be in the know and they can't even break the story!!! This should never go down that way for a good kid from Dade and we get no explanation. WTF!!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Syracuse's RB got more carries than Yearby last night. Yearby looked like he had fresh legs and made things happen on the couple of carries he had. I don't know why they didn't give Yearby more carries last night.

Yearby is awful in pass pro, and he's been a locker room cancer throughout the season, especially once Walton took the job from him. If Yearby is willing to commit himself to the program, and be the change of pace guy as Walton continues to improve, then I'd love to see him return. If not, he can move on, and I wish him the best of luck.

Advertisement
Walton is clearly the BEST back on the team & anybody trying to argue that is just trolling...

Last edited:
Well I disagree about people thinking that Yearby is better are just trolling. If we are being honest Walton sucked the entire first half! I was at the game and was saying to someone if we were in need of a home run hitter this game Walton would not be it. I still couldn't believe they weren't playing Yearby. He finally enter the game in the second half. I said to someone, I bet if Yearby has any success running the ball they will pull him immediately and he won't see the field again. Sure enough, he rips off three good runs and you didn't see him the rest of the game. This was the case all year. They never wanted Yearby to out shine Walton which has been the case when given the chance. Simply, Yearby has done more with less.

Advertisement
Smfh, y'all are insane...

The nitpicking done by this fanbase is some straight up horse****...

Walton is the better back, yall don't have any argument to make other than you just want to bash Walton.

It just shows how far journalism has fallen off. There is no way a thousand yard back that is home grown goes out this way at the University of Miami and so many writers claim to be in the know and they can't even break the story!!! This should never go down that way for a good kid from Dade and we get no explanation. WTF!!!

Frank put Willis on the bench and he would have rode that pine as long as Frank was healthy. It is what it is! Walton was a true Freshman when Yearby ran for 1K., but kids mature, recruits come in and competition creates a new depth chart. That's what this is about and there doesn't need to be a media "explanation" from SMD and the like to explain it.

Joe can either stay to work on his game and compete for PT or go pro. I think going pro is in his best interest, because with Homer, Burns, & likely McFarland coming to compete it's going to be a tough to rise from being the 3rd stringer he is now.

Smfh, y'all are insane...

The nitpicking done by this fanbase is some straight up horse****...

Walton is the better back, yall don't have any argument to make other than you just want to bash Walton.

nobody trolling and nobody bashing Walton here. just weird how a thousand yard back who performed very well (even against solid competition) fell to third on the depth chart.

I'm not even saying yearby should be ahead of Walton, but at least 60-40 split of carries, not third behind the softest 230 rb I've ever seen in gus

I haven't said anything about mark Walton not excelling (although I could post his power five rushing stats)

Advertisement
Yearby clearly didn't mesh with Rick and Brown. It's really that simple. They either didn't like his work habits, his attitude or both. Conversely, Walton is one of Rick's favorite guys on the team.

Yearby see's the holes much better than Walton

Walton is the more powerful runner, and can wear down a Defense...

Well I disagree about people thinking that Yearby is better are just trolling. If we are being honest Walton sucked the entire first half! I was at the game and was saying to someone if we were in need of a home run hitter this game Walton would not be it. I still couldn't believe they weren't playing Yearby. He finally enter the game in the second half. I said to someone, I bet if Yearby has any success running the ball they will pull him immediately and he won't see the field again. Sure enough, he rips off three good runs and you didn't see him the rest of the game. This was the case all year. They never wanted Yearby to out shine Walton which has been the case when given the chance. Simply, Yearby has done more with less.

Frank put Willis on the bench and he would have rode that pine as long as Frank was healthy. It is what it is! Walton was a true Freshman when Yearby ran for 1K., but kids mature, recruits come in and competition creates a new depth chart. That's what this is about and there doesn't need to be a media "explanation" from SMD and the like to explain it.

Joe can either stay to work on his game and compete for PT or go pro. I think going pro is in his best interest, because with Homer, Burns, & likely McFarland coming to compete it's going to be a tough to rise from being the 3rd stringer he is now.

I would agree if all that were true. Again, the argument is not about who's better Walton or Yearby because the answer is debatable depending on how you rate the qualities of a RB. However, what I and others are arguing is how can a RB that clearly increases our chances of winning games does not see the field? Especially when it's obvious that the starters ahead of him are struggling running the ball.

Yearby clearly didn't mesh with Rick and Brown. It's really that simple. They either didn't like his work habits, his attitude or both. Conversely, Walton is one of Rick's favorite guys on the team.

I agree. And that is why I say that journalism has fallen off. This story should have been broken already. I can see if this was Pat Riley's Miami Heat or the Belichick's Patriots but you mean to tell me they can't get a story out of the University of Miami?

Advertisement
Back