Yearby

Yearby clearly didn't mesh with Rick and Brown. It's really that simple. They either didn't like his work habits, his attitude or both. Conversely, Walton is one of Rick's favorite guys on the team.

Walton gives 100% all the time, IDK about what yearby does but Walton Blocks, Blocks downfield, plays ST, carries the rock very effectively...
so Walton is the starter without a doubt IMO

Advertisement
Yearby clearly didn't mesh with Rick and Brown. It's really that simple. They either didn't like his work habits, his attitude or both. Conversely, Walton is one of Rick's favorite guys on the team.

Agree with this. Pretty obvious this coaching staff didn't place a lot of trust in Yearby. Clearly struggles in pass pro and IIRC he had a pretty costly fumble at the end of one of our games this year.

With how quickly he made that IG post about leaving, I'd be willing to bet he has been talking about it openly for some time now. And considering all of that, if I was a coach I wouldn't necessarily be inclined to reward him with more carries either.

Feel like Yearby probably missed his chance earlier in the year when there where some questions re Walton. That said I believe Richt and Co recruited Walton pretty hard so was dude was probably done for from the start.

Gotta give Walton credit for how he came on during the season, has a very solid overall skill set. Excited to see more of Homer next year!

You have to be really dumb to believe that Yearby didnt "mesh" with Richt and Brown. Where do you all come up with this stupid **** smh.

Yearby was 3rd string more likely bc he already made it known hes going pro and the staff is trying to keep Gus from leaving too.

Aside from that hes gotten his share of reps this season. The staff thinks Walton is the better back.... The end clowns.

Last edited:
Yearby and the coaches don't get along. Yearby was salty that he lost his starting job to Walton and it all snowballed from there. That's the main reason he's leaving for the NFL.

You have to be really dumb to believe that Yearby didnt "mesh" with Richt and Brown. Where do you all come up with this stupid **** smh.

Yearby was 3rd string more likely bc he already made it known hes going pro and the staff is trying to keep Gus from leaving too.

Aside from that hes gotten his share of reps this season. The staff thinks Walton is the better back.... The end clowns.

I guess the UM players are dumb too because that's exactly what they're saying as well.

Advertisement
I guess I'm in the minority around here but Walton is clearly better than Yearby IMO. Other than cutting ability, there's nothing that Yearby does better. Walton is way more dynamic, runs harder and has more speed.

Yearby is awful in pass pro, and he's been a locker room cancer throughout the season, especially once Walton took the job from him. If Yearby is willing to commit himself to the program, and be the change of pace guy as Walton continues to improve, then I'd love to see him return. If not, he can move on, and I wish him the best of luck.

STOP LYING BREH

Yearby is awful in pass pro, and he's been a locker room cancer throughout the season, especially once Walton took the job from him. If Yearby is willing to commit himself to the program, and be the change of pace guy as Walton continues to improve, then I'd love to see him return. If not, he can move on, and I wish him the best of luck.

STOP LYING BREH

The **** you neg me for, *****?

Walton and Gus had 17 touches combined for 37 yards before Yearby entered the game to show these blind runners where the running lanes were. Yearby's 3 runs for 16 was **** near half the total yards these so called elite backs you clowns think are better had the entire first half and first few minutes of the second half. Clearly Yearby is better. But that is not the argument today. We want the story that the school and the media is scared to put out there.

FYI - 81 yards; 34 attempts; 2.4 ypc against West Virginia. U take away Yearby carries and yards. 65 yards; 31 attempts; 2.0 ypc Walton and Gus elite, I think not!

Last edited:
Advertisement
running game struggled mightily against the WVU front 7. Walton padded his stats a little bit later but struggled heavily. I really hope yearby doesn't leave early, I'm not a Walton hater but after watching all the games this year I am unsure how he can receive so many more touches than yearby who always seems to see the field better and make stronger cuts up field.

Mcfarland coming in would help, as well with Robert burns I guess doesn't matter too much but I wonder the mass difference that the coaching staff sees between the two backs

I agree Yearby appears to be the better back, but not be much. His highschool injury has left much to be desired. I think Richt liked Walton's work ethic and versatility.

running game struggled mightily against the WVU front 7. Walton padded his stats a little bit later but struggled heavily. I really hope yearby doesn't leave early, I'm not a Walton hater but after watching all the games this year I am unsure how he can receive so many more touches than yearby who always seems to see the field better and make stronger cuts up field.

Mcfarland coming in would help, as well with Robert burns I guess doesn't matter too much but I wonder the mass difference that the coaching staff sees between the two backs

I agree Yearby appears to be the better back, but not be much. His highschool injury has left much to be desired. I think Richt liked Walton's work ethic and versatility.

It wasn't his injury. It was how heavy he got when Golden forced 20 pounds on every player. Yearby was electric as a freshman with his cutting ability. His future was as a change of pace and 3rd down back, not the bigger/slower version he is now. I feel bad b/c that part isn't his fault.

It just shows how far journalism has fallen off. There is no way a thousand yard back that is home grown goes out this way at the University of Miami and so many writers claim to be in the know and they can't even break the story!!! This should never go down that way for a good kid from Dade and we get no explanation. WTF!!!

Frank put Willis on the bench and he would have rode that pine as long as Frank was healthy. It is what it is! Walton was a true Freshman when Yearby ran for 1K., but kids mature, recruits come in and competition creates a new depth chart. That's what this is about and there doesn't need to be a media "explanation" from SMD and the like to explain it.

Joe can either stay to work on his game and compete for PT or go pro. I think going pro is in his best interest, because with Homer, Burns, & likely McFarland coming to compete it's going to be a tough to rise from being the 3rd stringer he is now.

I would agree if all that were true. Again, the argument is not about who's better Walton or Yearby because the answer is debatable depending on how you rate the qualities of a RB. However, what I and others are arguing is how can a RB that clearly increases our chances of winning games does not see the field? Especially when it's obvious that the starters ahead of him are struggling running the ball.

I don't think there's any nefarious agenda on the part of the staff. They'll play guys who give []_[] the best chance to win. I think Joe's skill-set is too similar to Walton's (but not as explosive or physical) and they wanted a bigger back as the #2; that's really what it comes down to in my opinion. They work with these kids every day and know their abilities well enough at this stage of the season.

Last edited:
I could argue either way about Yearby versus Walton. What I cannot argue is Gus before either of them. Gus getting carries before either is dumb as ****.

Advertisement
Some games Yearby looked better. Other games Walton looked better. That's how i saw it.

Same. Never did I think, Gus is better than either of them. There is no question there's some sort of disconnect between Yearby and for staff. What that is, doesn't matter, Gus shouldn't have been seeing the field before him.

Walton and Gus had 17 touches combined for 37 yards before Yearby entered the game to show these blind runners where the running lanes were. Yearby's 3 runs for 16 was **** near the half the total yards these so called elite backs you clowns think are better had the entire first half and first few minutes of the second half. Clearly Yearby is better. But that is not the argument today. We want the story that the school and the media is scared to put out there.

FYI - 81 yards; 34 attempts; 2.4 ypc against West Virginia. U take away Yearby carries and yards. 65 yards; 31 attempts; 2.0 ypc Walton and Gus elite, I think not!

:q3XKXeX:

Geeez, you don't think that had anything to do with our O-Line and the fact that they blitzed every down? WVA was determined to stop the run. By the time Yearby got some burn Kaaya did his damage and the game was out of reach.

McElroy said he 'loves' Walton and went as far as calling him 'the most underrated back in the country'. Not that I need the commentator to validate anything but that's high praise from a former Alabama QB who has no dog in the fight.

“They know they don’t have NFL defensive linemen, so they blitz the house,” McElroy said. “They can do it on every snap. They don’t care. It’s really fun to watch. If they give up a score, they have so much confidence in their offense they know they can get it back.”

McElroy is excited to watch Hurricanes running back Mark Walton, whom he called “the most underrated player in the country. I really believe that. He’s really good.”

Advertisement
I guess I'm in the minority around here but Walton is clearly better than Yearby IMO. Other than cutting ability, there's nothing that Yearby does better. Walton is way more dynamic, runs harder and has more speed.

You're absolutely correct. Joe runs more upright and has the jump-cut going because he's not a fast guy. Walton is a superior specimen, athlete, and football player.

Walton and Gus had 17 touches combined for 37 yards before Yearby entered the game to show these blind runners where the running lanes were. Yearby's 3 runs for 16 was **** near the half the total yards these so called elite backs you clowns think are better had the entire first half and first few minutes of the second half. Clearly Yearby is better. But that is not the argument today. We want the story that the school and the media is scared to put out there.

Geeez, you don't think that had anything to do with our O-Line and the fact that they blitzed every down? WVA was determined to stop the run. By the time Yearby got some burn Kaaya did his damage and the game was out of reach.

McElroy said he 'loves' Walton and went as far as calling him 'the most underrated back in the country'. Not that I need the commentator to validate anything but that's high praise from a former Alabama QB who has no dog in the fight.

“They know they don’t have NFL defensive linemen, so they blitz the house,” McElroy said. “They can do it on every snap. They don’t care. It’s really fun to watch. If they give up a score, they have so much confidence in their offense they know they can get it back.”

McElroy is excited to watch Hurricanes running back Mark Walton, whom he called “the most underrated player in the country. I really believe that. He’s really good.”

Exactly.

I know you reaching but the stats is the evidence of the game. The fact that Yearby entered the game early in the 3rd qtr which I might remind you is just after halftime when everybody is fresh and adjustments are often made. Secondly, Walton and Gus had an entire half to run the ball, 30 minutes game clock. Yearby on the other hand was only given 3 shots back to back sink or swim. And Yearby out shined these cats. I can't make this stuff up!!!

You're absolutely correct. Joe runs more upright and has the jump-cut going because he's not a fast guy. Walton is a superior specimen, athlete, and football player.

There's things that I've seen Walton do that Yearby couldn't do in his lifetime. (ex: His long run against FSU that got called back)

Advertisement
Back