Yearby

Who is "we" homeboy? The only one pressing this issue is you. Nobody else cares because everyone else can see that Walton is the better back and we all know that starting jobs are EARNED and not gifted to you just because.

Yearby was OK and I have nothing but love for him as a Cane, but dude just got beat out plain and simple by Walton

Best man plays, that's how it has to be

Calm your weak *** down SpongeBob SquarePants! We been arguing for the real reason the staff has turned on Yearby and not from your cross eyed point of view!!!

This is a football team, not a Mexican soap opera. Nobody "turned" on anyone, there is no hidden drama, so tell us again what kind of story are you looking for?

Dude just got beat out by a bigger and faster back. Why is that complicated for you?

You and the rest of these blind bots are as dumb as a box of rocks if you think 31 for 65 yards at 2.0 ypc beat out Yearby!!! It's more to this story Bob!!!

Like what, you think Yearby broke some rules or something? Seems like a good kid to me and I doubt it.

I think Walton just has a lot more upside, and we happen to have a position coach who thinks he can polish a diamond.

In other words, you can't teach speed and size and Yearby might have peaked already as far as what a coach can do for him

No. I don't think Yearby did anything wrong. The history with this university and staff has proven that they would distance themselves and leak the story on the kid already if the kid was at fault. If Walton beat out Yearby that's fine too. But even if I give you that there is no way anyone can justify playing Gus the bust! And because this is a team as you stated then the position coach talent evaluation is at question because Walton and Yearby clearly gives the running game the best chances to succeed!!! And if the coaches can't see that then it's no wonder we have missed on so many offensive recruits thus far 2017!!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
I still think yearby is the best back on the team and it's not even close.

But these coaches hate this dude. He'll make a roster though. A 1,000 yard season at Miami will get a shot in the league.

Like I said on page 1, anybody going this hard to argue that Yearby is better based on 3 carries is simply trolling & looking to bash Walton.

You can say over & over again that you're not trying to bash him, but the reality is some of y'all just legit don't like Walton for whatever reason & that's the true motive behind all this nonsense you're going on about.

I'm a Yearby fan as well, but it's beyond obvious Walton is the best back on the team, this thread is simply ridiculous.

You and the rest of these clowns keep trying to turn this argument into Walton vs Yearby. When I bring out the facts now yawl salty. We love Walton. Our argument was and always will be for the real reason the staff stop playing Yearby.
It's a bogus argument... You keep getting at some underline conspiracy the staff has against Yearby, if that was the case then why did Coach Brown say he wants him back next season?

If you have some inside info then enlighten us, otherwise, all you've done is troll this entire time...

WVU completely sold out to stop the run. None of our RB's were gonna be productive. That's why we had to go spread and throw the ball.

Pretty sure Walton ran for 120 against NC State, who had one of the top rushing defenses in the country.

You're insane if you think Yearby makes some of the plays that Walton made this year.

It's not even close Yearby makes all those plays with half the effort. If Walton had vision he would take less hits. And if he had balance he would break more runs... Nuff Said!!!

[video=youtube;IzZujO0NBME]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzZujO0NBME[/video]
This is what makes your argument total bull****...

You're contradicting yourself, on one hand you're saying that your not trying to make it a Yearby vs Walton battle, but then on the other hand you're saying that he's better than Walton & would be making plays that Walton wasn't if he had the carries, so which is it?

This is how I know you just trolling, because you're coming up with some fake conspiracy as to why Yearby's workload decreased & you're basing it off of one ****** game...

You keep repeating first half stats for the Bowl game as if that's proving your point, but all you're doing is isolating one small example that doesn't actually correlate to the whole season and basing your entire argument around it.

Your premise is 100% flawed because you don't actually have a legitimate argument...

Furthermore, why the **** does it even matter?? The season is over, Walton had a good season for us & Yearby will do very well in whatever he chooses to do next.
Walton is going to be our starting RB next year... So what's the big ****** issue?

Last edited:
Yearby see's the holes much better than Walton

Walton is the more powerful runner, and can wear down a Defense...

Well I disagree about people thinking that Yearby is better are just trolling. If we are being honest Walton sucked the entire first half! I was at the game and was saying to someone if we were in need of a home run hitter this game Walton would not be it. I still couldn't believe they weren't playing Yearby. He finally enter the game in the second half. I said to someone, I bet if Yearby has any success running the ball they will pull him immediately and he won't see the field again. Sure enough, he rips off three good runs and you didn't see him the rest of the game. This was the case all year. They never wanted Yearby to out shine Walton which has been the case when given the chance. Simply, Yearby has done more with less.

Yup. Yearby's vision is better, but Walton's has improved quite a bit down the stretch this year.

Advertisement
We all know what an elite running back looks like and Walton is simply not one of them. I like the kids and all but let's be serious for a second. No one is fearing Walton. He is simply a nice kid with average speed and average vision that plays hard and is a good teammate.

He is no Barry Sanders, Portis, Reggie Bush, McGahee, Lamar Miller, Gore or Dalvin Cook.

So I am not sure why you guys are arguing. No way Gus should have received Yearby carries. Walton has not shown he is the guy who can handle the bulk of the carries. I want difference makers at the RB position and the staff needs to figure this out.

So I am not sure why you guys are arguing. No way Gus should have received Yearby carries. Walton has not shown he is the guy who can handle the bulk of the carries. I want difference makers at the RB position and the staff needs to figure this out.

It's going to be funny when Joe Yearby makes an NFL roster & stays in the NFL for 8-10 years as a situational back. When Gus Edwards probably doesn't even make the 53 man roster.

We all know what an elite running back looks like and Walton is simply not one of them. I like the kids and all but let's be serious for a second. No one is fearing Walton. He is simply a nice kid with average speed and average vision that plays hard and is a good teammate.

He is no Barry Sanders, Portis, Reggie Bush, McGahee, Lamar Miller, Gore or Dalvin Cook.

The argument goes from there is a conspiracy by the University and Coaching staff against Yearby to Mark Walton isn't an elite NFL player or the best back in college football.

I'll take multiple Mark Waltons on my squad.

As an admitted huge critic of Kaaya and his CIS hype machine, **** we love to hate our own players.

Last edited:

It's going to be funny when Joe Yearby makes an NFL roster & stays in the NFL for 8-10 years as a situational back. When Gus Edwards probably doesn't even make the 53 man roster.

Were any of the carries Gus stole due to the conspiracy consequential to the outcome of the games or the team's record?

Advertisement
WVU completely sold out to stop the run. None of our RB's were gonna be productive. That's why we had to go spread and throw the ball.

Pretty sure Walton ran for 120 against NC State, who had one of the top rushing defenses in the country.

You're insane if you think Yearby makes some of the plays that Walton made this year.

It's not even close Yearby makes all those plays with half the effort. If Walton had vision he would take less hits. And if he had balance he would break more runs... Nuff Said!!!

LOL @ that tape being anywhere near as good as Walton's.

crack.jpg

I'm actually embarrassed for you, that you thought that tape would somehow help your case. LOL

You're also disagreeing with a coaching staff that's seen/coached a bunch of stud Running Backs. They seem to think Walton is better too.

I'm also willing to bet that Walton ends up being drafted higher.

It's one thing to question the opinion of other posters, it's another thing to question the opinion of a guy who's coached a bunch of elite RB's.

I also disagreed with a previous staff that said they should pass on safeties that were fast despite their claims that their best safeties ran high 4.7s... Turns out I was right!!!

How the **** do you compare Golden/D'Onofrio to a HC and Running Backs coach that have coached multiple elite RB's?!?!

I still think yearby is the best back on the team and it's not even close.

But these coaches hate this dude. He'll make a roster though. A 1,000 yard season at Miami will get a shot in the league.

LMAO @ this "it's not even close" nonsense.

WTF team are you guys watching?!

He doesn't have to be Barry Sanders, all he has to do is be the best RB on the Miami Hurricanes. Right now, he is.

Advertisement

View attachment 41145

I'm actually embarrassed for you, that you thought that tape would somehow help your case. LOL

Yeah, you should be embarrassed because you needed a bias Admin (two infractions, really) because I was winning the argument. However, I will say no team this season game planed to stop Walton. When teams figured out that this staff was not going to use Yearby as effectively as they did in the past running between the tackles and as a receiver out of the backfield they game planned specifically to stop Kaaya from killing them in the passing game.

Last edited:
Yearby has better vision and cutting ability than Walton but that's it. Walton is faster, bigger, catches better and also pass blocks better. Gus is decent. I would prefer to have Yearby as a 3rd down/change of pace back but oh well, his career with miami is over.

He doesn't have to be Barry Sanders, all he has to do is be the best RB on the Miami Hurricanes. Right now, he is.

Walton and Gus ain't even the best right now. They couldn't even move the chains one time the enire first half; they had to go get Yearby to show them where the running lines were.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Captain Stat to the rescue!!!!

Let's compare stats of both RB's when they've been the feature back.

Yearby in 2015
205 carries for 1,002 yards (4.9 YPC)
He had a whopping THREE hundred yard games...against FAU, Nebraska and Cincinnati (who allowed nearly 200 YPG in 2015).
He didn't have another hundred yard game for the rest of the season.

Walton in 2016
209 carries for 1,117 yards (5.3 YPC)
He had SIX hundred yard games...against FAMU, FAU, App State, Pitt, Virginia and one of the best run defenses in the country at NC State.
Late in the season he ran for over 100 yards against three straight ACC opponents, two of which (Pitt & NC State) were top-5 in rushing defense.

THE **** ARE YOU GUYS SMOKING?!?!?!?!?

Walton and Gus ain't even the best right now. They couldn't even move the chains one time the enire first half; they had to go get Yearby to show them where the running lines were.

Dude, stop fvckin' references the WVU game.

View attachment 41145

Yeah, you should be embarrassed because you needed a bias Admin (two infractions, really) because I was winning the argument. However, I will say no team this season game planed to stop Walton. When teams figured out that this staff was not going to use Yearby as effectively as they did in the past running between the tackles and as a receiver out of the backfield they game planned specifically to stop Kaaya from killing them in the passing game.

Dog, you can't be this dumb. It's impossible.

No team game planned to stop Walton?! How the fvck do you know that?!

WVU blitzed the house the entire 1st half to stop the run!!!

And Pitt and NC State didn't need to "game plan" to stop Walton, as they both were top-5 in rushing defense within the ACC.

Dude, kill yourself.

Like I said on page 1, anybody going this hard to argue that Yearby is better based on 3 carries is simply trolling & looking to bash Walton.

You can say over & over again that you're not trying to bash him, but the reality is some of y'all just legit don't like Walton for whatever reason & that's the true motive behind all this nonsense you're going on about.

I'm a Yearby fan as well, but it's beyond obvious Walton is the best back on the team, this thread is simply ridiculous.

You and the rest of these clowns keep trying to turn this argument into Walton vs Yearby. When I bring out the facts now yawl salty. We love Walton. Our argument was and always will be for the real reason the staff stop playing Yearby.
It's a bogus argument... You keep getting at some underline conspiracy the staff has against Yearby, if that was the case then why did Coach Brown say he wants him back next season?

If you have some inside info then enlighten us, otherwise, all you've done is troll this entire time...

Brown finally realizes that if a RB can't move the chain consistently he has nothing even if the RB break one every 60 carries!!! Again, we are not arguing who is better we just want the story behind the story!

Advertisement
Back