Yearby

Homer is a stud and will play significant minutes next year.

I think Yearby's situation is just a by product of the new coaches recruits. Although, Richt didn't recruit Walton to MIA but he did try to recruit him at UGA. So in the end Richt got his man plus this staff seems to favor bigger physical backs. The good thing going forward for RB down here is that Richt recruited a lot of backs from SFL.

My take on Gus over Yearby is that they have lost their **** mind. I would have rolled with Walton and Yearby if I had to let any of the RB walk to land top recruits going forward it would have been Gus. But then again, you can definitely sell immediate playing time to new recruits with Walton and Gus rather than Walton and Yearby.

Also, you know JJ's saying you play next years team this year. Unless a player is just leaps and bounds better than his backup the older guy will always get the raw end of the deal.

One thing for certain, they had better land a stud. Somebody that can come in and play if not we will be hurting at RB. One true RB is not going to get it. I like Walton but he's about the same as Yearby. Walton has more speed. Yearby has much better quickness and balance.

I'm not yet sold on Homer. He didn't come in and command playing time. You saw it with Miller and Johnson. Then Johnson and Yearby. Later Yearby and Walton. So that leads me to question Homer's overall skills as a natural RB.

lamar miller got redshirted

Advertisement

I think Yearby's situation is just a by product of the new coaches recruits. Although, Richt didn't recruit Walton to MIA but he did try to recruit him at UGA. So in the end Richt got his man plus this staff seems to favor bigger physical backs. The good thing going forward for RB down here is that Richt recruited a lot of backs from SFL.

My take on Gus over Yearby is that they have lost their **** mind. I would have rolled with Walton and Yearby if I had to let any of the RB walk to land top recruits going forward it would have been Gus. But then again, you can definitely sell immediate playing time to new recruits with Walton and Gus rather than Walton and Yearby.

Also, you know JJ's saying you play next years team this year. Unless a player is just leaps and bounds better than his backup the older guy will always get the raw end of the deal.

One thing for certain, they had better land a stud. Somebody that can come in and play if not we will be hurting at RB. One true RB is not going to get it. I like Walton but he's about the same as Yearby. Walton has more speed. Yearby has much better quickness and balance.

I'm not yet sold on Homer. He didn't come in and command playing time. You saw it with Miller and Johnson. Then Johnson and Yearby. Later Yearby and Walton. So that leads me to question Homer's overall skills as a natural RB.

Although we had Duke Johnson during Yearby's freshman year our backfield was paper thin. Yearby also enrolled early.

Our backfield is much deeper now and Homer didn't enroll until the summer.

Although we had Duke Johnson during Yearby's freshman year our backfield was paper thin. Yearby also enrolled early.

Our backfield is much deeper now and Homer didn't enroll until the summer.

We had a backfield of M.James, D. Berry, L. Chambers, G. Cooper, J. James, and L. Miller. That was a pretty solid group for 2009.

Compared to G. Edwards, T. Gray, De'Andre Johnson, Duke Johnson, Walter Tucker and Joe Yearby 2014.

This year C. Atkins, TJ Callan, G. Edwards, T. Gray, T. Holmer, M. Walton and J. Yearby 2016.

Last edited:
Here we go, the thread sports analysts know more than the coaches who actually see them in practice and up close in games and on film. Lets ride with Walton, Homer, Gus and McFarland all day. Honestly see McFarland as the 2nd string if he comes here and gets healthy in time.

He is our 4th best rb it is what it is. Walton is a monster and Gus is **** good .

As the featured back Walton rushed for 1005 yards. Yearby as the featured back rushed for 1002 yards. So both would be monsters by your logic.

But here is the difference between the two. Against stiffer competition Waltons lack of vision was more evident as struggles badly to find holes.Yearby could always move the chains and find holes.

This. Yearby' vision and pass pro were always better than walton's. Walton's pass pro the first half of the season was horrendous - got Kayaa drilled a few times bc of pass pro whiffs

Advertisement
I take it a lot of the people in this this thread don't really watch NFL football. Yearby is better than a lot of NFL backups, and some starters even. He will be limited to a specific role but he can and will be a very effective NFL back.

He has all the skills you look for in a RB - great vision, quick feet, but he's simply not athletic enough to play big minutes in the NFL.

He gets run down and arm tackled all the time in college.

Imagine if he was playing against our three Fr linebackers every week - he'd get nothing. That's what the NFL is.

Advertisement
Back