Yearby

Few people listened to me when I said Yearby would leave. It's happening. Nobody listens to me that he'll find a spot on a roster. I'll sit and wait and watch it happen.. continue to argue about it

Advertisement
I don't see NFL, but I have no idea why Gus has been ahead of him lately. This thread is a repeat of one from a week or two ago and I hope someone gets in his ear about whatver his degree is being his future. I know he wants to provide, but long term that's his best option. If he needs to transfer because he's behind two after this year, more power to him with no hard feelings.

This is so funny. Since Richt has been here there have been transfers and players kicked off the team. But yet so many of you have posted just today that Yearby was either 4th best or below average. Why would you want him to stick around for the degree minus the playing time and not the same wants for the other players that have departed before him?

Last edited:
When Yearby goes to Pro Day and measures in at 5'7.5 192 pounds and runs a 4.79 40 his NFL dreams will be dashed

Love the man but he better off stayin put at Miami...he was just emotional that he didnt play today

Besides Yearby being better than Gus, I have a problem with the way the situation was handled. We recruit more players from Yearby's high school than Gus's whole region every year. I can't see any scenario where playing Gus ahead of Joe is advantageous for us short term or long term.

Advertisement
Besides Yearby being better than Gus, I have a problem with the way the situation was handled. We recruit more players from Yearby's high school than Gus's whole region every year. I can't see any scenario where playing Gus ahead of Joe is advantageous for us short term or long term.

Aside from the fact that Gus runs the ball like a punter.

OH so nobody thought about what happens on the recruiting trail when we try to get a RB from Central.
Jimbo says "Look at what happened at fsu with Cook!"
Richt says "Look at what happened at UM with Yearby."
Who gets the Future All American RB from the South Florida powerhouse high school?
Checkers not Chess

I have to agree Yearby not getting any grind is questionable by the coaches. Dude has 1000 yards last year and has great feet / shiftiness. He is not fast enough to be elite but he is a decent back. Is there any correlation between coaches admitting to not playing Gus enough early on and then him getting more carries so he won't transfer?

Oh don't sleep on Yearby making the NFL. There were many that said the same things about Mike James and he made it.

Eh. "Made it" is kind of a loose term.

This should tighten the term up for you; Roster status: Active Three years and counting. Those are checks Son!!! In the end that's what all the hard work is about.

Those are checks today. Dude gets two touches a game. What will be his income source in 2020?

Minimum he makes what $250,000 a yr. for a few yrs. as long as he saves money to go back to school. If he is lucky he might make more. He will probably make more in the next few years then 50% of Americans make in 10 yrs. why not go?

Advertisement
OH so nobody thought about what happens on the recruiting trail when we try to get a RB from Central.
Who gets the Future All American RB from the South Florida powerhouse high school?
Checkers not Chess

Lol. Yearby ain't no cook period. Cook would shine at ucf.

Great point!! He has great hands and would make a good 3rd down back. He's one cut and up the field.

I am a fan of Yearby, but if it's really true that his play time has been cut because the staff doesn't trust him in pass protection, he's not gonna hack it as a 3rd down back in the league.
His pass protection was fine the last two years and was one of the best at it so I don't buy that reason

He is our 4th best rb it is what it is. Walton is a monster and Gus is **** good .

As the featured back Walton rushed for 1005 yards. Yearby as the featured back rushed for 1002 yards. So both would be monsters by your logic.

But here is the difference between the two. Against stiffer competition Waltons lack of vision was more evident as struggles badly to find holes.Yearby could always move the chains and find holes.

Checkers not Chess

Because Cook and Yearby, other than chosing different colleges, are equivalent players?

Advertisement
Walton is the A guy, and the next guy is an elite blocker. Early in the season I thought Joe was the A guy, but Walton has stepped up.

I take it a lot of the people in this this thread don't really watch NFL football. Yearby is better than a lot of NFL backups, and some starters even. He will be limited to a specific role but he can and will be a very effective NFL back.

Homer is a stud and will play significant minutes next year.

I think Yearby's situation is just a by product of the new coaches recruits. Although, Richt didn't recruit Walton to MIA but he did try to recruit him at UGA. So in the end Richt got his man plus this staff seems to favor bigger physical backs. The good thing going forward for RB down here is that Richt recruited a lot of backs from SFL.

My take on Gus over Yearby is that they have lost their **** mind. I would have rolled with Walton and Yearby if I had to let any of the RB walk to land top recruits going forward it would have been Gus. But then again, you can definitely sell immediate playing time to new recruits with Walton and Gus rather than Walton and Yearby.

Also, you know JJ's saying you play next years team this year. Unless a player is just leaps and bounds better than his backup the older guy will always get the raw end of the deal.

One thing for certain, they had better land a stud. Somebody that can come in and play if not we will be hurting at RB. One true RB is not going to get it. I like Walton but he's about the same as Yearby. Walton has more speed. Yearby has much better quickness and balance.

Advertisement
Do you know what goes on in practice every day? Why does it always have to be the coaches fault a player doesn't play. Ever think it's the player???

Why cant we just put Gus at fullback? Clears up space for our RBs and gives us a real player at FB, which as of right now we dont have next year.

Who knows the real reason Yearby didn't play much the last few games?
Blocking? Fumbling? School problems?
IMO he is neck-neck with Walton but I'm just a fan

Homer is a stud and will play significant minutes next year.

I think Yearby's situation is just a by product of the new coaches recruits. Although, Richt didn't recruit Walton to MIA but he did try to recruit him at UGA. So in the end Richt got his man plus this staff seems to favor bigger physical backs. The good thing going forward for RB down here is that Richt recruited a lot of backs from SFL.

My take on Gus over Yearby is that they have lost their **** mind. I would have rolled with Walton and Yearby if I had to let any of the RB walk to land top recruits going forward it would have been Gus. But then again, you can definitely sell immediate playing time to new recruits with Walton and Gus rather than Walton and Yearby.

Also, you know JJ's saying you play next years team this year. Unless a player is just leaps and bounds better than his backup the older guy will always get the raw end of the deal.

One thing for certain, they had better land a stud. Somebody that can come in and play if not we will be hurting at RB. One true RB is not going to get it. I like Walton but he's about the same as Yearby. Walton has more speed. Yearby has much better quickness and balance.

I'm not yet sold on Homer. He didn't come in and command playing time. You saw it with Miller and M. James. Then Johnson and Yearby. Later Yearby and Walton. So that leads me to question Homer's overall skills as a natural RB.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back