Yearby

Advertisement
Great point!! He has great hands and would make a good 3rd down back. He's one cut and up the field.

I am a fan of Yearby, but if it's really true that his play time has been cut because the staff doesn't trust him in pass protection, he's not gonna hack it as a 3rd down back in the league.

He gonna make 150k right out of college? We'll discuss this when NFL camp starts if he indeed leaves. Seen this stuff too often and know too many people that say the same thing.

Holy crap dude. Guys who go straight to scout teams make $150,00 for about two years. Then the income stops. People who have degrees start out making $50,000 and have an increasing income for life.

Who makes a life decision based on one or two years' salary?

I'm not even sure if Yearby is good enough to make an nfl scout team. Has he ever even played special teams?

My point exactly... Crazy tech skills and Silicon Valley was a pipe dream to his parents, friends and I'm sure some GC at his university... Which is about the same way you view the thought of Yearby and his dreams of the NFL. I mean seriously how many Rookies make teams every year that everyone swears that they don't have a shot?

So make dumb decisions because "Bill Gates did it!!"

No. Make a decision because the Staff made it obvious that you are not in their plans moving forward. If you watched the games this year then you can't deny the fact that the Staff deliberately stopped playing Yearby. So if he makes a decision to leave I can't blame him because the Staff left him no other choice.

If he transfers, won't he have to sit out a year? Then his potential future paychecks are two years away.

Advertisement
He sounds like a week person.
You sound like a ****head... & it's *weak

He has two kids to take care of, so whether he's transferring to be a starter elsewhere to raise his draft stock or declaring early to earn some money, it shouldn't matter, Canes fans shouldn't start bashing him if he's leaving.

All he's ever done is play hard & try to do his best for us, he doesn't deserve to have ****heads start turning on him for no apparent reason.

Cut that **** out man, you should know better.

No fuggs given what you and your 6 nut-lickers who upvoted think about my .02.

He is running away from competition, and that's weak.

Take your feelings and file it in culo.

Great point!! He has great hands and would make a good 3rd down back. He's one cut and up the field.

I am a fan of Yearby, but if it's really true that his play time has been cut because the staff doesn't trust him in pass protection, he's not gonna hack it as a 3rd down back in the league.

Coaches can teach a player to pass protect (Block).

Yearby gifts will give him a shot:

The ability to run between the tackles is a special one for his size. (Very few RB's his size can do that.)
The ability to make great cuts on either leg, at full speed. (Very few RB's can do that.)
The ability to catch the football over his shoulder,
The vision to see holes opening before they are there.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I have been a proponent of Yearby this year...but if he is seriously considering leaving early for the league that would qualify as one of the most boneheaded shortsighted ill-advised terrible decisions of all time. Just leaving does not in any way guarantee him a roster spot anywhere. He needs to get that degree and keep grinding.

If he's considering a transfer that is a whole different discussion. That may be best for him. I still think he's the best back on our roster but for some reason he found himself in the proverbial doghouse.

Whatever is happening with him, I hope he is successful. I'm not going to hate on him, but I do hope he doesn't make a snap decision that he regrets 5 or 10 years from now.

If he transfers he's sitting out if he's going to another d-1 school as he's not leaving as a graduate transfer. So he's best served staying at Miami, unless he goes Div-II

Being on the practice squad for a couple of years is a bad idea. And the NFL doesn't care if you have children or have money problems. The NFL is as cut throat as it gets.

Advertisement
Yearby however, have 2 kids. he might leave for money reasons.

People keep saying that, but you don't get a guaranteed spot and a paycheck just because you were really good in high school and now have two kids.

And you don't automatically end up on skid row because you drop out of college to pursue your dreams. ie.. Bill Gates

Right, because Yearby probably has crazy tech skills and is just waiting to start his own company in Silicon Valley.

My point exactly... Crazy tech skills and Silicon Valley was a pipe dream to his parents, friends and I'm sure some GC at his university... Which is about the same way you view the thought of Yearby and his dreams of the NFL. I mean seriously how many Rookies make teams every year that everyone swears that they don't have a shot?

LOL, for every Bill Gates there are thousands of other people that drop out of college and don't end up quite so lucky.

But good job citing the one in a billion success story like a Bill Gates or a Mark Zuckerberg. And btw, that tech market is pretty saturated at this juncture. Becoming a billionaire from a tech idea is exponentially harder now than it was in the 80's.

Advertisement
Back