Yearby

I thought he needed the extra weight given the workload we gave him. He was never a fast player and likes to run inside. Clearly, he produced.

With Gus back and Walton emerging, he has the luxury of leaning up.
Is there any science to support the idea that adding fat helps RBs deal with an increased workload positively or assists in reducing the risk of injury? I can go along with wanting him to add good size through weight training and proper nutrition, but that's not what he did. His body fat was way too high.

It's not just injuries, it's about having strength and not wearing down.

Elite quickness is great when you're a change-of-pace player with a full tank, but Yearby needed to be able to take contact and break tackles throughout the game. He's an inside runner without speed. His production (1K yards, 5 yards per carry) is right where I expected it given the lack of a dominant OL or quality playcaller.

I still don't see how being fat helps with any of that.

Yearby didn't need to be Trent Richardson or Ron Dayne hammering it in the A gap 40 times per game. We had bigger dudes with fairly equal talent to share carries with him. Folden opted to turn a scat back into a plodder.

Advertisement
Yearby didn't need to be Trent Richardson or Ron Dayne hammering it in the A gap 40 times per game. We had bigger dudes with fairly equal talent to share carries with him. Folden opted to turn a scat back into a plodder.

It was just Yearby and Walton, who averaged under 3.5 ypc. Now, with Gus coming back and Walton playing better, there are enough guys to share the load.

People complained about Duke gaining weight in '14, but he ended up having his best and most explosive season.

Yearby looked slow because he is slow. Anyways, I'm not complaining about 1,000 yards and 5 yards per carry. That's excellent production in last year's offense.

I thought he needed the extra weight given the workload we gave him. He was never a fast player and likes to run inside. Clearly, he produced.

With Gus back and Walton emerging, he has the luxury of leaning up.
Is there any science to support the idea that adding fat helps RBs deal with an increased workload positively or assists in reducing the risk of injury? I can go along with wanting him to add good size through weight training and proper nutrition, but that's not what he did. His body fat was way too high.

It's not just injuries, it's about having strength and not wearing down.

Elite quickness is great when you're a change-of-pace player with a full tank, but Yearby needed to be able to take contact and break tackles throughout the game. He's an inside runner without speed. His production (1K yards, 5 yards per carry) is right where I expected it given the lack of a dominant OL or quality playcaller.

I still don't see how being fat helps with any of that.

He was much harder to bring down with the extra weight... His Freshman year if you blew on him he fell down he maybe gained too much weight too fast..but he definitely needed to bigger then when he came in

Advertisement
I get that Walton has talent. But less than 4 ypc in college is horrible.

Sure is..he has no explosion when he runs....he left a lot of yards on the field last year... very average running out of the back field... great receiver though has great hands... Were gonna need somebody else to step up Walton should be regulated cathching only

Sure is..he has no explosion when he runs....he left a lot of yards on the field last year... very average running out of the back field... great receiver though has great hands... Were gonna need somebody else to step up Walton should be regulated cathching only

He was a freshman on a team with a horrible Oline and a hapless coaching staff. He's a very good RB and a weapon I expect CMR to utilize often this season

Advertisement

He was a freshman on a team with a horrible Oline and a hapless coaching staff. He's a very good RB and a weapon I expect CMR to utilize often this season

Meh..hes amazing cacthing the ball down the field I actually think he has the best hands on the team... running wise he is ok but nothing to write home about

3.55 ypc ranked him 40th among rushers in the ACC, how much worse can you get. Looking at his highlight film-- he lacks speed in the open field to break the big runs which hurts his ypc.

you're really gonna sit there and blame ANY running back with that pitiful excuse for an offensive line we had last year?

you'd be the guy saying adrian peterson sucks if he was on the jaguars sad excuse for an 0-line

you're not going anywhere if you have to make a ***ing cut as soon as the qb touches you with the football

15% body fat for a kid with his skill set is beyond words. It takes a special kind of ******* to look at Yearby in high school and think "man I would love to see him play at 15%.....he would really be something"

A special kind of nutcase is more like it. It's to the point now where I question Golden's mental health. Something is definitely wrong up there. I think it's possible that Sandusky got a hold of him.

100% agree with the oline statements...

3.55 ypc ranked him 40th among rushers in the ACC, how much worse can you get. Looking at his highlight film-- he lacks speed in the open field to break the big runs which hurts his ypc.

you're really gonna sit there and blame ANY running back with that pitiful excuse for an offensive line we had last year?

you'd be the guy saying adrian peterson sucks if he was on the jaguars sad excuse for an 0-line

you're not going anywhere if you have to make a ***ing cut as soon as the qb touches you with the football

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Still appears to be somewhat heavy

4729631.jpg

Meh..hes amazing cacthing the ball down the field I actually think he has the best hands on the team... running wise he is ok but nothing to write home about

he kind of reminds me of mike james.
its also funny that people on here who said Trayone was a day 1 starter and gonna best RB ever still dont give yearby credit even tho he went for 1,000 yards with bad weight, a weak line, and a crappy staff calling the plays.

Advertisement
Back