Yearby is in....

Advertisement
Honestly without Coley being here it looks like we wouldn't have gotten any of the "Big 3" RB's in SoFla this crootin season. Thank god we have him

That is hard to say. At the end of the day, you never know what "could have" happened. The fact that we locked Yearby up early, Im sure scared SOME RBs away. Would it have been Cook or Sony? Hard to say, but kids that are used to be elite ballers, usually want to go somewhere to be the "featured" back. Its not that common for a program to land TWO elite 4-5 star RBs in the same class. It hasnt happened at UM very often. Had we NOT had Yearby on board, the staff could have sold either Sony or Cook on being the "man" the "featured back" and the "Heir to Duke". Im not saying it would have swayed them (probably not Sony since he is also going to UGA with another highly rated back), but I think it may have attracted some of them much more than it was with Yearby on board.

I read several places, from in the "community" that many of those around Cook were in his head telling him to go to FSU because he would never be the "man" here because of Yearby, that Yearby was tight with Coley and it was going to be Central all over again. I have no idea how much of that is true, but Im sure its the kind of thing that coaches also said to him when trying to lure him away.

Sony is committed to UGA, a school that also has Nick Chubb committed...I hate when people try to say or even imply that Sony is scared of competition.

Transcripts.

The senior running back committed toMiami before his last season and when he started the week, he expected to be a Hurricane.
“It’s been crazy,” Powell said.
“I planned on going to school Wednesday. I woke up Wednesday morning planning to go to Miami, but they pushed the day back to Friday. Wednesday, that’s whenFlorida offered.”
It was a matter of moments that made the difference.
“It was like right after I got off the phone (with Miami), (Will Muschamp) called, and that was it. He called my head coach and then I talked to him, he told me to come to the school,” Powell said.

from scout

LULZ

Sounds like some funny business to me.

All hail Coley cuz it sure as **** wasn't Goldens that got him here
Who hired Coley?

It doesn't work that way around here. The rule is every time we get a good recruit, it's not because of Golden. Every time we "miss out" on a recruit, it's Golden's fault. Similar to the "Golden is a dirtbag for "flirting" with Penn State", but "we should have gotten Petrino (despite the fact that he did far worse to Louisville on 4 different occasions while hired there previously, including secret meetings with other schools behind the ADs back).

Advertisement
Honestly without Coley being here it looks like we wouldn't have gotten any of the "Big 3" RB's in SoFla this crootin season. Thank god we have him

Thank God Golden hired him.

Oh wait.....we're not allowed to post positive things about our Head Coach, right?

Does anyone know about what that girl on twitter @miyayo is talking about tomorrow's fuc**ery?

just checked her twitter….and **** she makes some serious effort to not look ugly(wig, green contacts, crazy amounts of makeup and the most over the top duck lip pose yet), but she's still unsuccessful.

Be careful man. I talked **** about her once and some dude, who probably wanted to **** that 32 year old child molester, screen shoted what I said and sent it to her.

That ***** is groupie as ****, ugly ***.

All I need to know is that Al and staff did not give Powell the FA papers that other EEs signed. Al ****ed this up from jump street and kind of seems like he pushed him out the door. Just using logic.

Advertisement
All I need to know is that Al and staff did not give Powell the FA papers that other EEs signed. Al ****ed this up from jump street and kind of seems like he pushed him out the door. Just using logic.

Well, if we DID push him out the door, and didnt give him the FA papers and maybe slow played him, then how did they "f*ck this up"? If it was their intent to maybe push the kid elsewhere, then wouldnt this have been a success for them?

I dont get this line of thinking. So we were trying to nudge im elsewhere, but we "f8cked things up" when we succeeded in getting him to do what we wanted?

Im quite sure that if the staff was trying to nudge him out, they did so for a reason.

Well, if we DID push him out the door, and didnt give him the FA papers and maybe slow played him, then how did they "f*ck this up"? If it was their intent to maybe push the kid elsewhere, then wouldnt this have been a success for them?

I dont get this line of thinking. So we were trying to nudge im elsewhere, but we "f8cked things up" when we succeeded in getting him to do what we wanted?

Im quite sure that if the staff was trying to nudge him out, they did so for a reason.

Hit on Yearby. Miss on Sony. Miss on Dalvin. Miss on Powell. Four scholarship backs (2 injured, 1 a converted safety) for 2014. Pushed out a stud in Powell. We ****ed up.

Hit on Yearby. Miss on Sony. Miss on Dalvin. Miss on Powell. Four scholarship backs (2 injured, 1 a converted safety) for 2014. Pushed out a stud in Powell. We ****ed up.

Again, IF the pushed him out, then the whole thing that developed which caused him to bolt was not a "f*ck up" by definition, since it would have been exactly what the staff intended according to this theory no? YOU may disagree with having pushed him out being smart, but whatever caused him to bolt, if its what the staff wanted, could not then have been a "f8ck up". Moreover, if the staff felt his future was at slot or DB, and they didnt think they needed him, maybe it was more thought out then you are giving them credit for.

Again, this is all pure speculation, but I dont get the logic. You are suggesting they pushed him out on puprose, and then saying they "f*cked the situation up" because they actually got him to do what they wanted.

Again, IF the pushed him out, then the whole thing that developed which caused him to bolt was not a "f*ck up" by definition, since it would have been exactly what the staff intended according to this theory no? YOU may disagree with having pushed him out being smart, but whatever caused him to bolt, if its what the staff wanted, could not then have been a "f8ck up". Moreover, if the staff felt his future was at slot or DB, and they didnt think they needed him, maybe it was more thought out then you are giving them credit for.

Again, this is all pure speculation, but I dont get the logic. You are suggesting they pushed him out on puprose, and then saying they "f*cked the situation up" because they actually got him to do what they wanted.

You are correct in that it is in my opinion. I think they ****ed up our running back recruiting and the handling of the Powell recruitment in particular. With the way we are viewed in South Florida, I don't think it wise to **** on the top player from Broward county. If the staff did not want him, they should not have accepted his commitment. If they wanted him to play another position, don't tell him he's a RB up front and then change your mind later. This would be against their character (see Treon Harris. Why not lie to Treon upfront and say he's a QB in the summer like we did with Powell?).

It puts us in a bind at the running back position. We have two healthy bodies and two injured bodies next year with no one on deck as a replacement option for Powell. One healthy back is an overachieving athlete in Dallas and the other a rising sophomore who needs to learn pad level in Gus. That leaves two options in my eyes: 1. The staff feels confident in having only 4 backs on the team, thus they either nudged Powell out and/or were never going to take his commitment (which, in my opinion, is not the correct way to manage our running back depth or our local recruiting). 2 They royally screwed up their running back recruiting for this cycle and thought they had Cook or someone similar in the bag. You have to pick one of these roads. I don't understand the notion of "oh, well they got what they wanted with Powell in the end." That's all well and good, but it still leaves our recruiting process in SoFl a mess and it leaves our running back depth a mess. Either way....they ****ed up.

Advertisement

You are correct in that it is in my opinion. I think they ****ed up our running back recruiting and the handling of the Powell recruitment in particular. With the way we are viewed in South Florida, I don't think it wise to **** on the top player from Broward county. If the staff did not want him, they should not have accepted his commitment. If they wanted him to play another position, don't tell him he's a RB up front and then change your mind later. This would be against their character (see Treon Harris. Why not lie to Treon upfront and say he's a QB in the summer like we did with Powell?).

It puts us in a bind at the running back position. We have two healthy bodies and two injured bodies next year with no one on deck as a replacement option for Powell. One healthy back is an overachieving athlete in Dallas and the other a rising sophomore who needs to learn pad level in Gus. That leaves two options in my eyes: 1. The staff feels confident in having only 4 backs on the team, thus they either nudged Powell out and/or were never going to take his commitment (which, in my opinion, is not the correct way to manage our running back depth or our local recruiting). 2 They royally screwed up their running back recruiting for this cycle and thought they had Cook or someone similar in the bag. You have to pick one of these roads. I don't understand the notion of "oh, well they got what they wanted with Powell in the end." That's all well and good, but it still leaves our recruiting process in SoFl a mess and it leaves our running back depth a mess. Either way....they ****ed up.

I get what you are saying, I was speaking more to the proximate issue, which was Powell bailing out. I didnt understand how we had "f8cked up" because Powell bolted, if in fact, its what the staff wanted.

I guess we will see how it all shakes out, but if they didnt think Powell was a RB here, then it really doesnt affect our RB class, since they wouldnt have been thinking Powell was going to help that area anyway. Which leads me to think they have other options at RB in mind.

Yearby is in his room right now!!! He's rooming with Trent Harris. So all is well

265.gif

That is hard to say. At the end of the day, you never know what "could have" happened. The fact that we locked Yearby up early, Im sure scared SOME RBs away. Would it have been Cook or Sony? Hard to say, but kids that are used to be elite ballers, usually want to go somewhere to be the "featured" back. Its not that common for a program to land TWO elite 4-5 star RBs in the same class. It hasnt happened at UM very often. Had we NOT had Yearby on board, the staff could have sold either Sony or Cook on being the "man" the "featured back" and the "Heir to Duke". Im not saying it would have swayed them (probably not Sony since he is also going to UGA with another highly rated back), but I think it may have attracted some of them much more than it was with Yearby on board.

I read several places, from in the "community" that many of those around Cook were in his head telling him to go to FSU because he would never be the "man" here because of Yearby, that Yearby was tight with Coley and it was going to be Central all over again. I have no idea how much of that is true, but Im sure its the kind of thing that coaches also said to him when trying to lure him away.

Sony is committed to UGA, a school that also has Nick Chubb committed...I hate when people try to say or even imply that Sony is scared of competition.

I NEVER said Sony was scared of compeititon. I said many, if not most kids, are more attracted to the idea of being "the man" in a class. The Featured recruit at their position. If we DIDNT have Yearby, it would have been more attractive to top RB recruits. But with Yearby, it makes many top recruits feel that they would be splitting carries, or that the depth chart might be unfavorable to them getting early playing time.

In fact, I more specifically tailored my comments to Cook, because it was Cook who I heard and read more info on regarding what people around him were telling him (i.e. that it was going to be Central all over again with UM putting him behind Yearby becaue Yearby was close to Coley, etc).

Ive said several times I believe there is more going on with Sony than meets the eye here, and that's my personal opinion based on how things have played out, and past patterns in recruiting.

Advertisement
you guys are in denial. my friend coached knoshown moreno in middletown nj. knoshown was offered immediate playing time at Florida but went to Georgia and fell in love with the gameday experience. He went knowing he would redshirt. Sony came here when we were 6-0 playing to be 7-0 heading into FSU and probably 75% of the stadium was empty because fans were probably on this board posting about fire coach d.

All hail Coley cuz it sure as **** wasn't Goldens that got him here
Who hired Coley?

It doesn't work that way around here. The rule is every time we get a good recruit, it's not because of Golden. Every time we "miss out" on a recruit, it's Golden's fault. Similar to the "Golden is a dirtbag for "flirting" with Penn State", but "we should have gotten Petrino (despite the fact that he did far worse to Louisville on 4 different occasions while hired there previously, including secret meetings with other schools behind the ADs back).

Get out of here with that logical stuff. Overreactions only.

Great! Yearby will be a great running back at the U! I think he has a freshman all American year and gives duke a great compliment.

Advertisement
Back