yearby goes for 200+

I like Yearby, we need his type of talent here but his ceiling isnt as high as Cook's and we need one more stud RB in this class, and I wish it was Cook.

Fair enough.. I completely agree with all that. I'm just defensive about Yearby bc I think he is a **** of a RB & for some reason our fanbase doesn't appreciate him at all. (not saying you) I'd love to land Matt Thomas, Ermon Lane, Dalvin Cook & all the rest of the studs we miss on.. As it is, I just try to appreciate the Jermaine Grace, Stacy Coley & Joe Yearby's who actually say they want to be Canes.. then follow through with it. Miami was at their best when they signed local kids who bled orange & green.. I'm seeing that happening more & more. At some point I think all these local kids will stay home & the ones who left will regret it for the rest of their lives. JMO

Lamp, nothing against Yearby. I don't see anybody knocking him, most just see the obvious which is that Cook has a higher ceiling and they want him, and it just happens he is committed to an in state rival. It's the nature of it all.

All that is true. Just think fans should be appreciative of what they do have instead of always talking about what they don't. To each his own. Cook definitely has the higher ceiling. Joe wants to represent his city. I'm cool with Joe.

Advertisement
Yearby just happens to fall in with an amazing group. Other years he could be the best back in the state hands down.

Its going to show in college though and I look forward to the ongoing debates because some folks have drawn the line in the sand.

Yearby just happens to fall in with an amazing group. Other years he could be the best back in the state hands down.

Its going to show in college though and I look forward to the ongoing debates because some folks have drawn the line in the sand.

I agree with this. These last couple years has been amazing in terms of rb in this era. Look at a guy like Matt Dayes, very little talk on these boards but true freshman at BCS school (NCST) and he had 80+ yrds with 3 TDs yesterday.

But with that its natural to have comparisons and people will have their personal preference. Last year I had Collins the best of the bunch, he is older than most other than Sony who is a year older than his class if Im not mistaken. If we didnt miss on him I wouldnt even be worried about these kids. But we have to keep the best talent home.

at first I was like Cook ...

but now I'm like Yearby

***** has been ballin since he was yay big

Advertisement
I do not see why anyone prefers Cook.

Because Cook had more yards last year on half the carries, made the biggest plays in the biggest games, and is bigger, stronger and faster.

We need both.

You sure do love measurables. I notice you didn't call him the better running back or football player.

Why do the Central coaches ask Yearby to carry the load? Is it because he's a workhorse? Is Cook more suited to play off of a guy who softens the defense? Does Cook spend a lot of time on defense?

Yearby played qb alot....made a lot of qb draws,etc...Cook played defense in the big games and made plays.....

Cook is a **** BEAST.....Yearby is also in his own way....I love Yearby....but WOULD love to have the BOTH of them.....good lord!....We back then...

Advertisement
Back