yearby goes for 200+

I know most of the vets here that know a lot about Central feel that Cook will ultimately be the better back at the next level.

I just don't agree. It's really ok to be a fan and say all 3 of these kids are going to be great, because I think they will.

Yearby though, I wouldn't give him up for anyone.

I order them as...

1) Yearby
2) Cook (very close)
3) Sony

As football players, I switch Cook and Yearby due to Cook's positional versatility and overall athletic package.

Advertisement
There's a reason Yearby got twice the carries. He is steadily deadly. Will always capitalize on any open space and will constantly get yards. The type of runner that you can count on on a play by play basis. Cook is a big play waiting to happen. But doesn't haven Yearby's vision or feet.

Both are amazing. Cook really is a lot like Spiller. THere is a reason why Spiller has always been at his best when running with a steady runningmate in the backfield (James Davis at Clemson, Fred Jackson at Buffalo)

TBH i dont like rbs with acl injuries (no bias) its almost like a ticking clock with him already being a bigger rb players are going to be aiming low A LOT

I think Phony is the type of guy who has maxed out in high school. We know his ceiling. He's already there. Cook, on the other hand, is just starting to develop -- he will be a beast in college.

Advertisement
I think Phony is the type of guy who has maxed out in high school. We know his ceiling. He's already there. Cook, on the other hand, is just starting to develop -- he will be a beast in college.

When you say Sony is maxed out are you referring to physically & strength wise? If so, Sony and Cook have the exact same body types & most likely similar strength numbers. I think all 3 will be good backs at their respective colleges

Yearby reminds me a lot of Portis in terms of his running style.....I honestly think all 3 of those guys are about equal. We are lucky to have Yearby.

Where is Sonys family member who was saying we would see who the better back is when all three are on the field together? Clearly on this day Sony was worse then the other 2 I also think 21 on his own team had bigger plays.

Advertisement
Stacking the box to stop Sony sounds like a good strategy. Question for the corches (Wildcatdefense) and football gurus, did AH load the box to stop Yearby and Cook? If not, why not? I ask this because as a coach of another sport I couldn't imagine not making some sort of adjustment to stop those two, but I could be wrong.

Yearby, a University of Miami commitment, ran for 238 yards on 25 carries and scored two touchdowns.

Cook, a University of Florida commitment, scored four touchdowns and finished with 142 yards on 13 carries.

And Michel, a University of Georgia commitment, was held to 55 yards on 11 carries and no touchdowns.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/08/31/3597348/miami-central-rockets-power-duo.html#storylink=cpy
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Joseph Yearby and Dalvin Cook >> Sony Michel

Yearby only >> Cook and Sony.

Starting to come around on Isiah Mckenzie. That boy should be returning kicks at the U.

I don't like Yeary vs Cook vs Michel threads. We are getting Yearby, lets have Yearby threads.

Personally, he looks plenty fast to me.

I do not see why anyone prefers Cook. He is real good back, but Yearby is more like Duke. He has great vision and better balanced player, and clearly he can carry heavy load. If I can only have one, Yearby is the one. Can't wait to see him and Duke together. They are going to make defenses cry and had Olsen an NC next year.

Advertisement
I do not see why anyone prefers Cook. He is real good back, but Yearby is more like Duke. He has great vision and better balanced player, and clearly he can carry heavy load. If I can only have one, Yearby is the one. Can't wait to see him and Duke together. They are going to make defenses cry and had Olsen an NC next year.

Simply put, Cook is more explosive and has a higher ceiling than Yearby.

I'm thrilled Yearby is on board. I think he can be a great back and feel very fortunate he flipped from FSU to Miami. His change of direction and vision are elite, but I can certainly see why some fans prefer Cook.

Stacking the box to stop Sony sounds like a good strategy. Question for the corches (Wildcatdefense) and football gurus, did AH load the box to stop Yearby and Cook? If not, why not? I ask this because as a coach of another sport I couldn't imagine not making some sort of adjustment to stop those two, but I could be wrong.

I just watched the whole game on Hudl. Wasn't really impressed with AH's strategy to stop Central's running game. They looked like they were out of position alot during the game which is why some of Yearby/Cook's runs weren't even being contested.

When you say Sony is maxed out are you referring to physically & strength wise? If so, Sony and Cook have the exact same body types & most likely similar strength numbers. I think all 3 will be good backs at their respective colleges

your crazy i seen sony repping 315 cook is nowhere near sony in the weight room

Advertisement

Simply put, Cook is more explosive and has a higher ceiling than Yearby.

I'm thrilled Yearby is on board. I think he can be a great back and feel very fortunate he flipped from FSU to Miami. His change of direction and vision are elite, but I can certainly see why some fans prefer Cook.

cook has a higher ceiling but yearby have less of a chance to be a bust. college game is faster so good speed wont get you to the promise land (but it helps)

No. You're wrong. Just wait til Sunny gets some facilities.

Couldn't tell much about Sony as the defence was camped in the backfield.

I'd say Yearby is a more natural/gifted runner than Cook. Cook looks more athletic though - big, explosive. He looks like the type of kid that the top SEC schools roll to when they're 58-0 up against Bum**** University. Y'know after their two other 5 star RBs have called it a day.

The only way we can hope to challenge those types of teams is keeping the likes of Cook in Miami. Hopefully we have a good enough season to sway him.

Advertisement
Back