Yea we don't need McFadden

I'm sorry but FSU Bama are evaluating guys maybe the penn states etc arent but those two along with LSU arent taking "names"

Advertisement
This whole "coaches at [insert college] think he's good so he must be" thing is a little overblown.

Neither Dowels or Hoggins, both undersized CB's from Broward who were/are better than McFadden, have/had offers from Alabama of FSU. McFadden doesn't have half the coverage ability or half the production of either one of those kids, however, the offers (and rankings) say that McFadden is better. (right?)

Their recruiting tactics aren't fool proof. They don't hit on 100% of their offers. If they did, South FLA kids wouldn't go to schools like Louisville and end up 1st round draft pics.

He's a 6'3" 5-star DB who runs a 4.6 and plays in South FLA. It's as simple as that. That holds a lot of weight. There's almost no way these schools DON'T offer that kid. The only schools that I would expect to NOT (possibly) offer him are local schools who have seen plenty of him LIVE.

I think he can be productive if he's placed in the right scheme. A team who runs primarily Cover-3 or Quarters. He's the high school version of Richard Sherman. However, his game is flawed and needs a lot of work. He can't play man on any WR worth a **** and he doesn't play the ball well while it's in the air. He's 6'3" 190+ pounds so naturally his feet aren't going to be the quickest. (if they were he'd be a **** freak of nature)

i don't know is something about that kid i don't like seems soft on and off the field, hey maybe he becomes a star at FSU but i don't care about him come here.

Advertisement
He wants no part of tackling.

And that same lack of aggression is how he approaches the ball when it's in he air.

I'm sorry but FSU Bama are evaluating guys maybe the penn states etc arent but those two along with LSU arent taking "names"

They don't have time to sit there and watch tons of game film dude. It doesn't work like that.

This x1000.

All programs recruit off lists and services. Not necessarily Rivals/Scout but the professional services (ESS types) that market themselves to college programs. They get a rundown of prospects by region and access to tape and then from there they can talk to HS staffs or other area people they trust to whittle down those lists.

People have this view of college coaches hunkered in an office poring over film of HS kids, but in reality, there are many other demands on their time and not enough hours in the day to try to do thorough evaluations of a lot of prospects. That's also why you're starting to see the real big money programs (Bama) hiring NFL-esque support staffs that can do that kind of grunt work.

Advertisement
if you thing t McFadden wont be good you are crazy.

...or have seen extensive game film.
so college coaches don't watch game film on players they recruit even though their multi-million dollar jobs rely on getting the best players they can get

but some HS coach watches extensive game film of HS players for no ******* reason

lmao

btw you're wrong. Coaches do watch extensive film. Not of every recruit but they sure as **** watch film before they decide to extend an offer. If you don't think a coach on Bama's staff hasn't watched mcfadden you're ******* retarded.

Last edited:
This kid is good. The school's that offered him has a vision on how they would use him. I don't think FSU or Bama settled with his highlight tape. He performed well against STA.

Advertisement
So basically Miami staff(btw they did offer him) & fans are the only one's in the country who aren't impressed??? Defensive MVP at The Opening vs the best in the country. Dominated the Army All American game vs the best in the country. Was named National DB of the Year. Sun Sentinal defensive player of the year.The list goes on... And for all you "game film" watchers you sound so clueless if actually say your not impressed by his senior year film. He was the most dominant player on the field all year long. He was lock down. Teams were basically playing 10vs11 all year vs Heritage.I get it tho. It's jealousy & hate cuz he's a FSU commit. I'm sure if he flipped tomorrow this whole thread would get deleted & it would be "UM just got Richard Sherman 2.0"

Heard the same rap about Deon Bush hating to hit before he got here. Then, he played as an undersized true freshmans and had no regard for his own body. He looked like a savage killer the way he went in on opponents.

so college coaches don't watch game film on players they recruit even though their multi-million dollar jobs rely on getting the best players they can get

but some HS coach watches extensive game film of HS players for no ******* reason

lmao

btw you're wrong. Coaches do watch extensive film. Not of every recruit but they sure as **** watch film before they decide to extend an offer. If you don't think a coach on Bama's staff hasn't watched mcfadden you're ******* retarded.

Really? How many players have you sent to college? Tell me about what you seen from the inside of recruiting.

GTFOH

A High School coach watches extensive game film BECAUSE HE'S SCOUTING AND PREPPING FOR OPPONENTS, genius. You don't think we have access to film on prospects just by default of our jobs?

You don't know what you're talking about. I've NEVER seen a coach watch extensive film on a kid, at least none of the kids we've sent to D-1 schools. They simply don't have the time.

Advertisement
So basically Miami staff(btw they did offer him) & fans are the only one's in the country who aren't impressed??? Defensive MVP at The Opening vs the best in the country. Dominated the Army All American game vs the best in the country. Was named National DB of the Year. Sun Sentinal defensive player of the year.The list goes on... And for all you "game film" watchers you sound so clueless if actually say your not impressed by his senior year film. He was the most dominant player on the field all year long. He was lock down. Teams were basically playing 10vs11 all year vs Heritage.I get it tho. It's jealousy & hate cuz he's a FSU commit. I'm sure if he flipped tomorrow this whole thread would get deleted & it would be "UM just got Richard Sherman 2.0"

He didn't dominate last year. What changed?

but some HS coach watches extensive game film of HS players for no ****ing reason

lmao

btw you're wrong. Coaches do watch extensive film. Not of every recruit but they sure as **** watch film before they decide to extend an offer. If you don't think a coach on Bama's staff hasn't watched mcfadden you're ****ing retarded.

Really? How many players have you sent to college? Tell me about what you seen from the inside of recruiting.

GTFOH

A High School coach watches extensive game film BECAUSE HE'S SCOUTING AND PREPPING FOR OPPONENTS, genius. You don't think we have access to film on prospects just by default of our jobs?

You don't know what you're talking about. I've NEVER seen a coach watch extensive film on a kid, at least none of the kids we've sent to D-1 schools. They simply don't have the time.

Well my nephew is being recruited and coaches have watched film of him, they have watched some of his game film with him and helped him with things that can improve his game, they have came to his games to see him in person

So in my experience several major college coaches have watched game film on him

You guys keep citing FSU and Bama offers like that's the tell-all. You actually think FSU or Bama aren'tgonna offer a 6'3" 5-star CB from South Florida?

Yall actually think those offers mean he's a better player. He wasn't the best CB on his team last year. He covered most team's 2nd best WR. Dowels was covering everybody's #1 guy. Although Dowels was clearly better to EVERYBODY that's seen the two play, Dowels never received offers from the FSU's and Bama's. Same thing with Hoggins.

Since OFFERS = CALIBER, someone explain to me how that happens.

How does the betterplayer receiver less impressive offers? Happens all the time in recruiting. Why?

CAUSE THEY DON'T WATCH EXTENSIVE GAME FILM! THEY DON'T CONSIDER THINGS LIKE "WHO'S COVERING THE #1 RECEIVER"! THEY DON'T LOOK AT STATS!

They're looking at his height and athleticism. They figure they can work on the rest.

McFadden's offer lists says that he's the best CB in South Florida. If you believe that, YOU are retarded.

but some HS coach watches extensive game film of HS players for no ****ing reason

lmao

btw you're wrong. Coaches do watch extensive film. Not of every recruit but they sure as **** watch film before they decide to extend an offer. If you don't think a coach on Bama's staff hasn't watched mcfadden you're ****ing retarded.

GTFOH

Well my nephew is being recruited and coaches have watched film of him, they have watched some of his game film with him and helped him with things that can improve his game, they have came to his games to see him in person

So in my experience several major college coaches have watched game film on him

Haven't seen this with a single kid I've coached.

They've come to campus. Watched a little bit of film. If they like the athleticism, they ask to meet him in person. If they still like what they see they extend an offer.

Never seen this extensive recruiting effort that you're talkin about. There's no time for that.

Advertisement
Back