Y'all watching

Only our fanbase would crap on the all time leading rusher , leading rushing at a school with a great history at that position. A gut that pretty much broke it with two full years of pt. He must be good.

As for the ol, he was ok. But it got it's **** pushed in anytime we faced a legit dl. Let's not act like we had the 2001 ol. Just go watch the Wake Forest tiny dl dominate our ol , with their 250 pound dt lol.

The ACC defenses are trash.

Dallas Crawford went off for 200 yards against UNC.

Vs tough defenses Duke was average. Never broke big runs. Prove me wrong.

We will have a better backfield this year with Gus and Yearby.

Duke 6.3 ypc, Crawford 4.1 . Nice fail on your part .

That's their ypc the year duke got hurt .

That's an enormous drop off.

Advertisement
Stats dont lie yall stats dont lie

Which big game didn't he have stats in last year?

2014 (quality opponents)

Vs louisville 20 att 90 yds 0 TDs
Vs NEB 18 att 93 yds 1 TD 1 fum
Vs GT 14 att 100 yds 1 TD
Vs FSU 27 att 130 yds 1 TD
Vs south carolina 24 att 132 yds 1 fum 0 TDs

2013 (quality opponents)

Vs UF 21 att 59 yds 1 TD
Vs FSU 23 att 97 yds

2014 (average-crap teams)

Vs FAMU 9 att 97 yds 1 TD
Vs Arky St 14 att 90 yds 1 TD
Vs cincy 10 att 162 yds 1 TD
Vs VT 29 att 249 yds 1 TD 1 Recieving TD
Vs UNC 19 att 177 yds 2 TDs 1 Recieving TD
Vs UVA 15 att 88 yds 1 fum
Vs Pitt 18 att 89 yds 1 Recieving TD

The only good team he had good numbers against was duke with 25 att for 155 and a TD

Man he even had some pedestrian numbers against some crap teams

**** you failed so hard at making your argument here. In one post you talk about how many carries Duke was getting and then follow it up showing me stats where he carried the ball less than 20 times in all of those games except 5. So about 1/3 of the time he got less than 20 carries based on the games you picked.

Furthermore you cherrypicked games that you wanted to make your point.

Lastly, those are not bad stats, and you conveniently leave out his total yards.

I think you forget we run and slow down offense under Al which means less opportunities. He's averaging around 5 yards a game for almost all of those games except the 2013 UF and FSU games. Yet you forget he in the 2013 FSU game he got robbed of a huge breakaway run he had in which they called the play dead way too early. You also forget how nasty that UF defense was before they had all those injuries.

Stats don't lie until they do. You need to keep in mind the other circumstances around these games such as TOP, what plays were called in what situations, who we were playing, what is our gameplan. Our gameplan under Al has pretty much been putrid, conservative, and predictable. Fisch is literally the only coach that has been bearable here since Al Golden took the job and even then people had some issues with him.

Lmao he averaged about 3-4 yds a game if you do the math, love bringing coaching when he ran more and still didnt produce like other backs, how did i cherry pick games when i posted all the games lmao, and yes my point is made when i said he got a ton of carries and didnt do squat, you really failed trying to make it seem like what i posted didnt matter also like how ya added coaching into it when he got a good amount of carries against the good teams, and the what ifs you said in the FSU and UF games lmao, yoir argument is trash lmao

is this guys serious? Stats may not lie but they are misleading. They mislead when you dont watch games. Case in point: Stats say Romo is an elite qb. Bradshaw should not be in the HOF.

Duke faced 8 and 9 man fronts. Teams were not scared of the other aspect of Miami's game. IF you think 155 yards is the only good game then it shows you just stat watch and dont actually watch the game. Without Duke and Golden's prevent defence Miami only wins 2 or 3 games. Duke is not the reason Miami sucks. Coaching is the only reason

Which big game didn't he have stats in last year?

2014 (quality opponents)

2013 (quality opponents)

Vs UF 21 att 59 yds 1 TD
Vs FSU 23 att 97 yds

The only good team he had good numbers against was duke with 25 att for 155 and a TD

**** you failed so hard at making your argument here. In one post you talk about how many carries Duke was getting and then follow it up showing me stats where he carried the ball less than 20 times in all of those games except 5. So about 1/3 of the time he got less than 20 carries based on the games you picked.

Lastly, those are not bad stats, and you conveniently leave out his total yards.

I think you forget we run and slow down offense under Al which means less opportunities. He's averaging around 5 yards a game for almost all of those games except the 2013 UF and FSU games. Yet you forget he in the 2013 FSU game he got robbed of a huge breakaway run he had in which they called the play dead way too early. You also forget how nasty that UF defense was before they had all those injuries.

Stats don't lie until they do. You need to keep in mind the other circumstances around these games such as TOP, what plays were called in what situations, who we were playing, what is our gameplan. Our gameplan under Al has pretty much been putrid, conservative, and predictable. Fisch is literally the only coach that has been bearable here since Al Golden took the job and even then people had some issues with him.

Lmao he averaged about 3-4 yds a game if you do the math, love bringing coaching when he ran more and still didnt produce like other backs, how did i cherry pick games when i posted all the games lmao, and yes my point is made when i said he got a ton of carries and didnt do squat, you really failed trying to make it seem like what i posted didnt matter also like how ya added coaching into it when he got a good amount of carries against the good teams, and the what ifs you said in the FSU and UF games lmao, yoir argument is trash lmao

is this guys serious? Stats may not lie but they are misleading. They mislead when you dont watch games. Case in point: Stats say Romo is an elite qb. Bradshaw should not be in the HOF.

Duke faced 8 and 9 man fronts. Teams were not scared of the other aspect of Miami's game. IF you think 155 yards is the only good game then it shows you just stat watch and dont actually watch the game. Without Duke and Golden's prevent defence Miami only wins 2 or 3 games. Duke is not the reason Miami sucks. Coaching is the only reason

Coaching is the only reason yet dorsett, walford had monster years? Cook a true freshman out played duke in the game against us, its not like we arent giving him opportunities, cook showed up broke a tackle from denzel perryman to score a TD, when duke couldnt do squat

2014 (quality opponents)

2013 (quality opponents)

Vs UF 21 att 59 yds 1 TD
Vs FSU 23 att 97 yds

Coaching is the only reason yet dorsett, walford had monster years? Cook a true freshman out played duke in the game against us, its not like we arent giving him opportunities, cook showed up broke a tackle from denzel perryman to score a TD, when duke couldnt do squat

dorsett did not have a monster year and should of had better numbers if the coaches didn't actively try to not get him the ball. duke often had to break 1-2 tackles behind the line of scrimmage before even getting upfield. and it's not basketball where two guys at the same position can effect the others play, so to saying cook "out played duke" is very misleading

Advertisement
Only our fanbase would crap on the all time leading rusher , leading rushing at a school with a great history at that position. A gut that pretty much broke it with two full years of pt. He must be good.

As for the ol, he was ok. But it got it's **** pushed in anytime we faced a legit dl. Let's not act like we had the 2001 ol. Just go watch the Wake Forest tiny dl dominate our ol , with their 250 pound dt lol.

The guy who was responsible for our 6 wins last year (along with a few other now-NFL players) was the problem.

You really couldn't make some of this stuff up if you tried.

I used to watch all the CFB I could get...

AL and UM have sucked the CFB life right the **** out of me....

dorsett did not have a monster year and should of had better numbers if the coaches didn't actively try to not get him the ball. duke often had to break 1-2 tackles behind the line of scrimmage before even getting upfield. and it's not basketball where two guys at the same position can effect the others play, so to saying cook "out played duke" is very misleading

He was better than his junior year and led the nation at one point in urds per reception and became a 1st rounder, so yea he had a good year

So we only played 14 games in 2 years? not to mention the 2012 stats where he was splitting time. That's called cherry picking. Take his entire season and he averages 6.8 ypc in 2012 and 2013 with 6.3 in 2013. Yes there are some crap teams in there.

You know when stats lie? When retards don't know how to do math. Based on the games you chose and the stats you provided, that is 6.32 yards per carry vs the 3-4 yds a game you tried to provide as a fact (yes your original post said per game, but I understand it was probably a mistake. maybe...). That is 286 attempts for 1808 yards.

Or maybe you were trying to use only the games you identified as quality games? Even then I see 172 carries for 856 yards which equals 4.97 ypc which is exactly what I said.

Who cares what he ran per game when he was barely getting carries? You want to compare him to Melvin Gordon, then lets do just that. Total carries in 2014: Melvin Gordon 343 vs Duke 242. Keep in mind Melvin Gordon had a phenomenal year and blew everyone away in ypc and yards. Duke was 16th in the country in ypc. That's pretty solid and keep in mind that we were running a slow down offense with a true freshman qb. Did you even watch the Nebraska game? I'm sure Nebraska wasn't even considering the passing game. It was play a safety very deep for Dorsett and stack everyone else in the box.

Here's some more stats for you:
-Duke was number 9 in the country in total yards for the season. The 8 rbs ahead of him all had more carries except for Devon Johnson.
-Of the 8 guys ahead of him, only 4 had a better ypc
-Of the 8 guys ahead of him only 5 were in a power 5 conference.
-Duke Johnson was 27th in the country in total carries which **** all over your theory that Duke gets the ball so much.

One more thing. Lets not forget the potential Duke brings in the receiving game which Al severely underutilized in Duke's time here. Al failed like a miserable POS at utilizing his players correctly.

I'm done fact checking for you. You lost any potential credibility you thought you had with your trying to call someone out for 3-4 ypg (hoping you meant ypc). It's obvious you just hate Duke just to hate him and are willing to throw out random numbers. As far as adding coaching into it, I don't see why that's not relevant. If you're a running back going for a contract year and I'm a coach who wants to slow the game down which means possibly 100 less carries in the season, your numbers are going to suffer and you will not be happy. Go look at my above statement on number of carries in the season. You failed as I said before and now you're just grasping.

All that and you still grasping lmao its aight dude heres to duke having a good NFL career

I'm not grasping at anything. I bolded the most important part of the entire statement just so you could find it and you come back with I'm grasping? It's alright dude. It's obvious you're just trolling now, because you got nothing to support your stance.

Because all your saying is if this and if that, coaching this coaching that, fact of the matter is he didnt show up in big games period, the guy had NFL caliber O-linemen and still didnt do anything, i give ya stats and yall say the stats are misleading and come back with more what ifs, making bold and saying a bunch of other crap wrong with the team doesnt negate the fact that duke did jack against quality teams

Advertisement

The same OL that have starters on NFL teams? And had one just taken in the first round?

He was better than his junior year and led the nation at one point in urds per reception and became a 1st rounder, so yea he had a good year

lmao isn't every player suppose to be better than their previous year and like i said, should of had a real monster year but the coaches made sure that didnt' happend. Literally game planned to use him more as a decoy during some games.

So we only played 14 games in 2 years? not to mention the 2012 stats where he was splitting time. That's called cherry picking. Take his entire season and he averages 6.8 ypc in 2012 and 2013 with 6.3 in 2013. Yes there are some crap teams in there.

You know when stats lie? When retards don't know how to do math. Based on the games you chose and the stats you provided, that is 6.32 yards per carry vs the 3-4 yds a game you tried to provide as a fact (yes your original post said per game, but I understand it was probably a mistake. maybe...). That is 286 attempts for 1808 yards.

Or maybe you were trying to use only the games you identified as quality games? Even then I see 172 carries for 856 yards which equals 4.97 ypc which is exactly what I said.

Who cares what he ran per game when he was barely getting carries? You want to compare him to Melvin Gordon, then lets do just that. Total carries in 2014: Melvin Gordon 343 vs Duke 242. Keep in mind Melvin Gordon had a phenomenal year and blew everyone away in ypc and yards. Duke was 16th in the country in ypc. That's pretty solid and keep in mind that we were running a slow down offense with a true freshman qb. Did you even watch the Nebraska game? I'm sure Nebraska wasn't even considering the passing game. It was play a safety very deep for Dorsett and stack everyone else in the box.

Here's some more stats for you:
-Duke was number 9 in the country in total yards for the season. The 8 rbs ahead of him all had more carries except for Devon Johnson.
-Of the 8 guys ahead of him, only 4 had a better ypc
-Of the 8 guys ahead of him only 5 were in a power 5 conference.
-Duke Johnson was 27th in the country in total carries which **** all over your theory that Duke gets the ball so much.

One more thing. Lets not forget the potential Duke brings in the receiving game which Al severely underutilized in Duke's time here. Al failed like a miserable POS at utilizing his players correctly.

I'm done fact checking for you. You lost any potential credibility you thought you had with your trying to call someone out for 3-4 ypg (hoping you meant ypc). It's obvious you just hate Duke just to hate him and are willing to throw out random numbers. As far as adding coaching into it, I don't see why that's not relevant. If you're a running back going for a contract year and I'm a coach who wants to slow the game down which means possibly 100 less carries in the season, your numbers are going to suffer and you will not be happy. Go look at my above statement on number of carries in the season. You failed as I said before and now you're just grasping.

All that and you still grasping lmao its aight dude heres to duke having a good NFL career

I'm not grasping at anything. I bolded the most important part of the entire statement just so you could find it and you come back with I'm grasping? It's alright dude. It's obvious you're just trolling now, because you got nothing to support your stance.

Because all your saying is if this and if that, coaching this coaching that, fact of the matter is he didnt show up in big games period, the guy had NFL caliber O-linemen and still didnt do anything, i give ya stats and yall say the stats are misleading and come back with more what ifs, making bold and saying a bunch of other crap wrong with the team doesnt negate the fact that duke did jack against quality teams
I gave you a ton of stats, with context included and with accurate calculations which you called grasping. I used the stats which you provided and calculated incorrectly that had absolutely nothing to with the coachesand were still solid numbers. Again you've proven you don't know basic math and that your reading comprehension also needs some work. You've proven that duke had a pretty solid season despite context, included the big games with exception of the Florida game and 1 FSU game where he only played 1 half. You've proven that he doesn't get a lot of carries although you seem to think 15 carries a game is so many more than everyone else. This is getting too easy with you. With every statement you make, your ignorance is showing.

The same OL that have starters on NFL teams? And had one just taken in the first round?

did you actually watch the game he's referring too? that midget DT disrupted almost every play. they had NFL talent but like most guys on our team never lived up to the billing while in college. any idea why that may be a reoccurring theme here? bc i have an idea

Advertisement
When Miami played Nebraska, it was clear that Abdullah was 2x the RB than Duke JOhnson. DUke Johnson fans are delusional.
Or maybe it's because he was playing against our sorry *** defense. We were his biggest game of the year.
Aight i got a question are yall compraing duke to gordon and abdullah and their impact to their teams? Because thats what im doing, im talking about impact in big moments here

Your porsts are fajjoty.

So ill take that as a yes?

The way you porst you can take it every way you like it.

2014 (quality opponents)

2013 (quality opponents)

Vs UF 21 att 59 yds 1 TD
Vs FSU 23 att 97 yds

So your saying Miamis defense was just as good as FSUs defense last year? Your comparing cook doing more then Duke. FSU defense was much better. And before you were bashing Duke on his costly fumbles? What the **** does cook do? Look what he did against us. Look what he did against Oregon.

The ACC defenses are trash.

Dallas Crawford went off for 200 yards against UNC.

Vs tough defenses Duke was average. Never broke big runs. Prove me wrong.

We will have a better backfield this year with Gus and Yearby.
Go watch the fsu game from 2013 when the refs called him back after getting touched and stating forward momentum had stopped. That was a huge play that got caked back for nothing other than bs calls.

Advertisement
Are there people here supportive of the staff?

I support the staff at UM.. May not agree with everything.. I supported the staff before and more than likely support the one to come. The day I stop supporting the staff is the day I'm no longer I consider myself a UM Fan...

2014 (quality opponents)

2013 (quality opponents)

Vs UF 21 att 59 yds 1 TD
Vs FSU 23 att 97 yds

We have the worst ******* defense that only looked decent because we slowed the game, but you know context is not important. There are a few rbs who had season highs and career games against us.

We have the worst ****ing defense that only looked decent because we slowed the game, but you know context is not important. There are a few rbs who had season highs and career games against us.

Pretty much got logan thomas drafted as high as he was

So your saying Miamis defense was just as good as FSUs defense last year? Your comparing cook doing more then Duke. FSU defense was much better. And before you were bashing Duke on his costly fumbles? What the **** does cook do? Look what he did against us. Look what he did against Oregon.

Look at what he did against louisville, showed up to help his team win, but according to all here dont we have talent to win, for a random time they were there to make a play and they got burned by cook, one of which was a 2nd round draft pick

Advertisement
Back