Yahoo Federal documents detailing potential ncaa-violations involving high profile players/schools

Advertisement
Good lord, seems like everybody but Miami mentioned. Even Duke is implicated.

This is all basketball, by the way, and it’s all agent related.

I could be wrong, but don’t think Baga is stupid enough to have written ledgers.

I’d like to believe they will get theirs some day, but I’m not optimistic. We’ll see.

Advertisement
My guess is there are some guys in SEC country sweating a little bit. I have no doubt football will be next if this goes well. When you have kids flashing wads of cash(Clemson), and new cars (Bama) coupled with the issues at Ole Miss...you know somebody out there is digging.

I could be wrong, but don’t think Baga is stupid enough to have written ledgers.

I’d like to believe they will get theirs some day, but I’m not optimistic. We’ll see.

Of course they don’t.

Programs always get into trouble because of people that surround the program that do stupid things.

In this case, it’s greedy *** agents overdocumenting their malfeasance.

I hate to say this because of our boy Pete, and Penny too, but the agent business can be a super dirty racket. Sometimes agents feel compelled to cheat just to compete to get clients.

Its beyond time to clean up football. First, Emmert needs to be relieved of duties. Second, $EC is on the clock including Clem$on!. Last, see number 2 again for scope of how bad it is!!!!

Interesting, didn't know Saban coached basketball to

R.I.F....reading is fundamental. The last five words of his sentence were very important. He said "starts investigating College football programs" which Saban does coach and according to many has gotten away with the exact type of violations currently rocking the college basketball landscape.

Advertisement
My money is on a football investigation having been underway for a while now. Going to be same as this one- it’ll pop up once they have the evidence they need and the moles throughout CFB programs will be revealed

This was an agent writing off payments to players and their families on a expense reimbursement form. How dumb can you be?

I have a friend who works at a financial firm that works mostly with athletes. From what he sort of knows he believes that basketball has been wreckless cause no one really watches or follows recruiting that much. He also said that since the nba contracts exploded there has been a lot of competition between firms to sign potential nba players since they are 1 and done. Bagmen he said are the roots of football recruiting. Agents don’t get involved much until players get some film and scouts start talking. He said some agents push kids to stay for a year and some push to get them out after 3. He said the more established firms tell the players to stay if they feel they can move up. But newer firms need the cash now and always tell players to dip early.

Advertisement
Have a few UNC and Duke friends who are starting to get worried. Going get interesting....
Meh I don’t see anything in those ledgers about used clothes dryers. Also if fake classes to keep bb &fb players academically eligible aren’t a violation I think unc & duke will be fine.

I LOVE that precious Dook is finally mentioned in one of these.

The only caveat I'd place about all of this is that Ol' Yahoo has a tendency to over-hype and under-deliver when they go public with their "reportage" on this stuff- a fact I think we're all well aware of.

That said, college football is as pure as the driven snow in comparison to college hoops.

Of course they don’t.

Programs always get into trouble because of people that surround the program that do stupid things.

In this case, it’s greedy *** agents overdocumenting their malfeasance.

I hate to say this because of our boy Pete, and Penny too, but the agent business can be a super dirty racket. Sometimes agents feel compelled to cheat just to compete to get clients.
Its a shame that people like this keep running rampant and tarnish the industry for people that do it the right way. I would never consider offering money to a potential client or try to recruit a kid that is expecting a hand out. Having a moral high ground might prevent me from having success in this industry, I don't know yet. But I think it can speak volumes to the player who wants quick cash from a slimy agent that's never played the game and sees them as a dollar sign vs. someone that fought in the trenches with them and can appreciate the work that they put in to get to where they are now.

Advertisement
Its a shame that people like this keep running rampant and tarnish the industry for people that do it the right way. I would never consider offering money to a potential client or try to recruit a kid that is expecting a hand out. Having a moral high ground might prevent me from having success in this industry, I don't know yet. But I think it can speak volumes to the player who wants quick cash from a slimy agent that's never played the game and sees them as a dollar sign vs. someone that fought in the trenches with them and can appreciate the work that they put in to get to where they are now.

Is any of this stuff actually illegal, or just an NCAA violation? If it's not illegal, no agent is going to stop. The NCAA can't punish them.

Something tells me this is going to leak over to college football and it will start an FBI investigation of football programs.

My fear is if they find things on UGA I don't want Richt dragged into it because I doubt he would be involved in something like that.

Is any of this stuff actually illegal, or just an NCAA violation? If it's not illegal, no agent is going to stop. The NCAA can't punish them.
There are various state regulations governing Athlete-Agents. I don't know each of these states' specific rules but many states consider it a felony. You face legal repercussions just for contacting a player in a state if you're not registered with the state to conduct Athlete-Agent business. Also they will be stripped of their license by the NFLPA or NBAPA

Advertisement
Back