Y’all sleeping on pope

Harley is the exception. What about the rest of the WR room? I saw improvements in route running and timing, which I attribute more to King spending extra time after the Clemson game with the receivers. But I did not see improvement in catching technique across the board. Our receivers are one of the most underperforming groups on the team from a raw talent standpoint. That's a sign of poor coaching more than anything. All of these kids were highly sought after out of high school. Don't tell me that a better WR coach couldn't get more out of this unit.
I guess we will see next year. My guess is our young receivers light it up. Also,.. we bringing in one of the best receiving groups we’ve recruited in a long time.

To me Harley improving as much as he has and Wiggins and Pope regressing is more of an indictment on their coachability and work ethic than it is on Likens coaching ability.

A coach can only do so much.

Brandon Aiyuk is lighting it up in the league and Nkeal Harry got drafted first round... Likens has a track record better than Mark Pope who has 2 good college catches and a wild 7 on 7 highlight as his resume.

Advertisement
Not doubting anything Macho's saying, makes sense. Especially with the culture that is South Florida.

Manny did this to himself. Pope and Wiggins may not have cost us any games in the past, but they were definitely one of the reasons tonight. At minimum, they were the worst performing on offense. They make those catches they dropped, we win the game - simple.

I honestly can't wait until these two graduate. How we're being held hostage by two mediocre WRs because of their handler is laughable. And honestly, this puts me further into the fire Diaz bandwagon, which I didn't think was possible.

Just wait until you start seeing more talented WRs transfer.

I guess we will see next year. My guess is our young receivers light it up. Also,.. we bringing in one of the best receiving groups we’ve recruited in a long time.

To me Harley improving as much as he has and Wiggins and Pope regressing is more of an indictment on their coachability and work ethic than it is on Likens coaching ability.

A coach can only do so much.

Brandon Aiyuk is lighting it up in the league and Nkeal Harry got drafted first round... Likens has a track record better than Mark Pope who has 2 good college catches and a wild 7 on 7 highlight as his resume.

I mean, Harley doesn't have the cache (assuming here) that Pope and Wiggins have apparently. They have no reason to work hard because they have no risk of losing their jobs.

Respect, but homie, let's be real. One would've put us in field goal range and the other was a sure-footed touchdown for anyone's grannie with a walker.

They cost us the game.
Exactly this.

If you’re gonna say the defense cost the game it’s just as valid to say the same thing about all those ridiculous dropped passes. We’re talking about a 3-point game here. One of those dropped passes could have easily been the difference between a win and a loss.

Advertisement
Don't just say Pope, Wiggins is the same just taller. **** out of this uniform, softest two to ever suit up in our history.

That's what my friends were all saying tonight.

"Pope is soft as baby diaper pudding."

"Wiggins couldn't catch a raindrop in a thunderstorm."

I'm not sure how they really felt about those two - with those comments . . .

Lol at this thread and y’all thinking this is some secret new info. @dsddcane has been saying this for two years now but half the board kept saying it was only sour grapes due to Hightower leaving
Facts. @dsddcane is always ahead of the curve when it comes to this team but the 8-1 posters didn’t want to accept the truth.

@Liberty City El

You my dawg, but bruh...you owe me an apology. Your boy is a certified bum.

Me in December, a post from the recruiting board

Mark Pope needs to go beg someone to go play DB. You're 6'0", barely 180lbs, and have provided barely register-able contributions to this team so far through the age of 20. Go play DB where what little size you have may be an asset. Walk into whoever coach's office and don't leave until they switch you over.
Dee Wiggins...step up or go play innermurals, brother. There is no reason why a 6-foot-3, nearly 200 human being on a roster of midgets should be WR4.
You’re right, I was wrong.

I believed in him & tried to give him a chance. My bad.

liberty city el is a big one that believed in him

he also thought blake baker would eventually come around in a post before the season started

smh one of these days you people gonna start listening to me!!
You’re right.

It’s my fault for having so many opinions & trying to be fair, from now on I won’t say anything.

💯

Advertisement
Why do we recruit kids that can't catch, is the question I have. These are South Florida boys, these bum *** coaches live minutes away from them. They should know these kids capabilities a lot better BEFORE they offer that scholly.
I don't know.
Zay Flowers and Tutu Atwell seemed to be catching pretty well.

Whenever I see Smith targeted, he flashes, looks a different speed out there, etc. Heard anything on him in practice? I keep wondering why in the **** he isn't out there more.
I haven't heard anything on him. I heard the kid from IMG is pretty **** good though.

Advertisement
Catching is coachable. Best example is Leonard Hankerson working with Mark Duper his sophomore year and then balling out for his last 2 years and getting drafted. I'm not saying you can take a level 1 receiver to level 10, but there should be at least marginal improvement, which we didn't see this season. There is always room for some improvement, even in the NFL.

It was a crazy, pandemic-plagued season, so I'll cut Likens a break, but I expect significant improvement in the receiving corps next year. Don't tell me there ain't talent on this roster!! And don't tell me we are going to stick with Pope and Wiggins forever because of favoritism when people's jobs and likelihoods are on the line! GO CANES!!
I guess you don't remember Hank still had a bunch of drops and that was actually one of the things that plagued his pro career.

You’re right, I was wrong.

I believed in him & tried to give him a chance. My bad.

dannyshouse-viceland-vice-danny-brown-KDgxKVD0aN6zN5wVU8

Advertisement
Pope and Wiggins are Cooney's boys.
And they get a pass.

THANK FOR FINALLY SAYING THIS.

Also, I need ya’ll to get at my dude @dsddcane who tried to tell u what was up, but ya’ll thought he was being sensitive & chit.

I’m literally like why is Keyshawn not seeing the field. All he do is get open & make catches (see the hard catch he made today although it was o/b). Payton stuck on the bench. Redding comes in extremely sparingly. All these guys riding the pine yet I saw 5 horrendous drops. Elementary drops. Smh.

Advertisement
Back