Y’all need to read this!

Are they, though? That's the line people say, but is it fact?

They might cherry pick one or two, but as far as I'm aware, there's been no national champion in the last decade or so with a roster made of mostly South Florida kids.

Alabama's kids are mostly from Alabama and Georgia. Ohio States are from the Midwest, and Clemson's are from Georgia and all over the south. There's only a couple South Florida kids sprinkled in their rosters.
Are they, though? That's the line people say, but is it fact?

They might cherry pick one or two, but as far as I'm aware, there's been no national champion in the last decade or so with a roster made of mostly South Florida kids.

Alabama's kids are mostly from Alabama and Georgia. Ohio States are from the Midwest, and Clemson's are from Georgia and all over the south. There's only a couple South Florida kids sprinkled in their rosters.
Of course alabama has alot of players from Alabama,ohio St. Has many players from Ohio. You recruit the best players in your area and sprinkle in the best from Florida,texas or cali. Every team does that. Win the locals first

Advertisement
You said the "elite" ones are cherry picked. (correct)

But then you followed that up by throwing THE WHOLE SOUTH FLORIDA FOOTBALL WORLD under the bus. Calling the kids soft, blah blah blah.

If you knew ****, you'd know that Miami doesn't even need the ELITE ones to get going in the right direction.
THERE'S ALL CONFERENCE PLAYERS FROM SOUTH FLORIDA THAT MIAMI DIDN'T OFFER.
That's one thing we did in the past was find those 3 star guys and hit on alot of them. Guys like roscoe parrish,sean taylor,juaquin gonzalez,santana moss. Now we don't and haven't for 15 years. We need that more than a few five stars

If I'm able to name South Florida 3-star kids who are balling at other schools then it kinda defeats the whole logic of this post/thread.

We're generally not attracting the elite kids, so we need to be more accurate with our evaluations of the lower ranked kids. (and we haven't been)

This isn't a new phenomenon. This goes back to Golden not offering Skai Moore, Isaiah McKenzie, Quincy Wilson or James Burgess. Or offering Dennis Turner, Nate Dortch, Danny Dillard and Larry Hope over Juwan Dowels and Fabian Moreau. Or not offer Lamar Jackson cause we run the Pro Style. The list is long and it continues today.
BAD EVALUATIONS!
Jalar Holley over Brandon Dorlus, who had offers from Clemson and UF, played as a True Freshman at Oregon and gained the nickname "TFL" from his college coaches.
And we have severe WR problems...meanwhile local 3-stars Zay Flowers and Tutu Atwell have been tearing up the ACC. Let's not even talk about all the other WR talent we missed or didn't offer.

We haven't had anybody in here that knows how to evaluate and recruit South Florida.

So Brashad Smith, J. George, and Brinson are bad evals?

Just yes or no?

And if no, who should we have recruited this cycle?

That's one thing we did in the past was find those 3 star guys and hit on alot of them. Guys like roscoe parrish,sean taylor,juaquin gonzalez,santana moss. Now we don't and haven't for 15 years. We need that more than a few five stars

Did you seriously say Sean Taylor, SEAN TAYLOR, was a 3* guy?

There's been a lot of false things said tonight but that just makes me laugh

Advertisement
Y
From his Wiki:

Taylor was considered the No. 1 prospect in Miami-Dade County by the Miami Herald. He was also rated the nation's No. 1 skill athlete and an All-American by Super Prep. Taylor was also an Orlando Sentinel Super Southern Team selection, the No. 1 athlete on the Florida Times-Union Super 75 list and rated the No. 1 player in Florida by The Gainesville Sun.
Yeah I know local papers had him higher but scout and rivals didn't. He was a 3 star on scout but I can't find it since they don't exist anymore

Y

Yeah I know local papers had him higher but scout and rivals didn't. He was a 3 star on scout but I can't find it since they don't exist anymore

Rivals didn't start until 2002 and ESPN/247 didn't start until later too.

Taylor was the best player in South Florida, and probably the best in the State. He was a no doubt 5* if recruiting rankings existed back then like they do now

Advertisement
Miami is in this spot where they arent good enough to cherry pick, and they are still attractive enough they dont feel they have to get raw recruits and coach them up.

I think the next DC(position coaches) should be NFL guy if possible. Our players look like they hit the weights again, Feeley is getting results, but the craftsmanship is missing from the position groups, and the schemes arent there at all.

I don’t see the results from Feeley. Conditioning looks good but functional strength isn’t there. Our guys may look good with their shirts off, but what happens when they line up on game days? Why are our lineman getting pushed back every play? Why are our receivers rail thin and soft? Why are our DBs getting trucked by running backs? I’ve seen no improvement strength wise from past S&C guys

Rivals didn't start until 2002 and ESPN/247 didn't start until later too.

Taylor was the best player in South Florida, and probably the best in the State. He was a no doubt 5* if recruiting rankings existed back then like they do now
I remember scout had him as a three star as I was on it all the time. But it's gone now that 247 sports took them over. Rivals did have a site with ranking but all I found was a top 100 and he wasn't on that list or Tom lemmings list. He was definitely understand whether they had him as a 4 star or 3 star. Hopefully I'll find it somewhere

I don’t see the results from Feeley. Conditioning looks good but functional strength isn’t there. Our guys may look good with their shirts off, but what happens when they line up on game days? Why are our lineman getting pushed back every play? Why are our receivers rail thin and soft? Why are our DBs getting trucked by running backs? I’ve seen no improvement strength wise from past S&C guys
5AD96EC6-E4B4-4167-8D8D-0746C94DB3CE.jpeg

Bring in Mr. Mustachio

Advertisement
Oregon was garbage this year. They lost to a FIU-level team in Oregon St.

Seriously, if our fanbases standards applied to them this board would be demand Mustachio, Cristobal, and everyone else be fired.

So **** no on any Oregon coaches. Herbert carried that program
Dude... you’re serious. I have no clue if he’s any good. If he didn’t look like a pumped up Charlie Chaplin I wouldn’t have posted his pic.

I think the OLs dont have those bodies yet, and while a guy like Ford has the S&C results, he's just a poor football player. Feeley doesnt coach these guys in football. He gets them football bodies, really only the OL is left.

I think the OLs dont have those bodies yet, and while a guy like Ford has the S&C results, he's just a poor football player. Feeley doesnt coach these guys in football. He gets them football bodies, really only the OL is left.

I understand he doesn’t teach technique but when it’s 4th and 1 we still can’t get push. Sheer strength should show up every once in a while in situations like that and other than Chaney I can’t remember one time where it has.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back