Y’all need to read this!

Stop it....
You can look on 247 sports. They have the top recruits from 2000 to now with old scout rankings. They go all the way down to high 3 star players and taylors not there. Leon williams,gore and other guys from the class are there. He was a scout.com 3 star

Advertisement
You can look on 247 sports. They have the top recruits from 2000 to now with old scout rankings. They go all the way down to high 3 star players and taylors not there. Leon williams,gore and other guys from the class are there. He was a scout.com 3 star
I need no lessons about Sean....I was close friends with him...and I certainly need no lessons on S Fl recruiting back then....

I'm not giving you lessons. I'm saying he was a underated recruit and scout did have him as a 3 star. That's all. Nice flex though
Scout and Rivals are, and were Garbage....Recruiting in the late 90s & early 2000s were completely different than today...

So basically the univ of MIAMI..shouldn't recruit south florida. Got it.

You ninjas are belligerent at this point.
I think we should just move away from the only in-built advantage we have and start identifying, evaluating and recruiting the national stars. It's always been a strong point of ours.

That's how we get back into the elite, by playing them with both hands tied behind our back.

denzel washington checkers GIF

Advertisement
Scout and Rivals are, and were Garbage....Recruiting in the late 90s & early 2000s were completely different than today...
That's not the point. He was still a three star whether if they were bad evaluations. They did pretty good on mgahee,gore,johnson, carey,dj williams. They weren't that bad. They missed on players then and they still do

That's not the point. He was still a three star whether if they were bad evaluations. They did pretty good on mgahee,gore,johnson, carey,dj williams. They weren't that bad. They missed on players then and they still do
Only because Sean was at Gulliver Prep...Butch was WELL aware about Sean....and he gave NO Fs about ANY * System....He was well aware about Seans capabilities....

I think the key word we’re missing here is “development”, or lack thereof. See, when a five star kid gets to Bama or Clemson they continue to get bigger, stronger, faster, and just flat-out better year after year. There was a time when Miami was this way as well, but haven’t been for the last 15 years or so. It seems like almost every big time recruit we get regresses, or goes backwards. Now, is that coaching? Lack of adequate training or facilities? Maybe a combination of the two?

Advertisement
Yes. South Florida kids aren't hard workers. They're all spoiled, soft, entitled, brats.
That must be why so many of them make the NFL.

Man GTFOH with this dumb ****. I'm tired of this narrative on here.
When you dumb MF'ers gonna realize that (1) we're not getting the right SOFLO kids and (2) our leadership is trash.
Don’t forget some of the coaching on this this is trash. Other than DL, no kid is being coached up

South Florida. Every good recruit worth a **** from west palm down to Florida city is cherry picked by Bama Clem and other bag schools. The ones we have didn’t make the cut.

This area, especially when it comes to football and other sports, at the youth level, is poisoned. At a young age, in these most recent generations, the kids are spoon fed all the compliments and praise in the world.

Place is full of bootlickers, the kids are full of themselves. They think they’re the **** before they’ve done ****. They aren’t go getters or workers, they are soft. That’s why we watch them act like they won the Super Bowl celebrating a sack down 30 to UNC. Makes me want to vomit.

And it’s not even their fault, it’s on coaches all over Dade County from Pop Warner on up.
I’ve played with these dudes man, I know how this **** operates. If you only knew the half of what goes on behind the scenes. Most of em shouldn’t be NCAA eligible or graduate from high school. You don’t have to earn **** down here anymore, coaches always got the hook up for em.

You can’t sit here and tell me it’s not Pope’s fault he hasn’t added any mass to his frame since the day he stepped foot on campus. You have to want this ****, they don’t want it.

I’d rather take a kid tearing up high school ball in nowhere Oklahoma who is a dawg than one of these Prima Donna 7 v 7 “Superstars”. But nah, Manny and the gang want to act like they have SoFlo on lockdown when we’ve been fed the scraps, bunch of suckers.

Meanwhile, we get to watch half the team get folded over by the OK State’s and UNC’s, and fight tooth and nail against Duke, VT, UVA, GTech, Wake, Pitt’s for the better part of the last 20 years.

Yall need to wake up, these kids aren’t what they used to be, the game passed us by, we are still playing catch up.

And all the soft *** gimmicky chain, rings, uniform, “swagger” **** Manny created has only made things worse and continued the poisonous cycle. Boosted their egos, pump their heads up, make them think they’re all gangster. ***** a joke. Go play ball.

Had to get this off my chest because it’s been brewing for years. I don’t even post on here like that, but I’m always reading. The awakening is coming soon, game 1, next year. Everyone will wake up then.
What about the other SFL kids that go to other schools and ball out? I think it’s more of a UM culture issue. These same kids go to other big schools and work their butts off and go to the league. There is a reason why the Campbells and Surtains chose to leave SFL. It’s better coaching and better culture at other programs.

Yes. South Florida kids aren't hard workers. They're all spoiled, soft, entitled, brats.
That must be why so many of them make the NFL.

Man GTFOH with this dumb ****. I'm tired of this narrative on here.
When you dumb MF'ers gonna realize that (1) we're not getting the right SOFLO kids and (2) our leadership is trash.
Only been sayin so for 18 years.

What about the other SFL kids that go to other schools and ball out? I think it’s more of a UM culture issue. These same kids go to other big schools and work their butts off and go to the league. There is a reason why the Campbells and Surtains chose to leave SFL. It’s better coaching and better culture at other programs.
They went to two of the perceived top schools and Miami is winning 6 games a year. Culture at Bama and Georgia?

You go to Alabama to win....

I’ll believe Georgia culture when the win something.

Advertisement

Yeah, Taylor had to be one the best kept secrets in CFB history, He's not on Lemming's Top 100 either. Jesus Christ look at some of the names on this list LOL:

South Florida. Every good recruit worth a **** from west palm down to Florida city is cherry picked by Bama Clem and other bag schools. The ones we have didn’t make the cut.
What a great point to make after we just signed a top 10 class and signed the number one safety and number one defense of tackle in the nation.
GTFOH.
We need better coaching.

The offense seems like it’s turning the corner. If we can get a real D staff in here we will be a good to great team in a year or 2.

Advertisement
And you know it's a South Florida problem because half the mother****ers on this board won't ever blame the players for ANYTHING. If Mark Pope drops a pass, they blame Rob Likens.

Most people on this board call our players "kids" even though they're legally men. I live in Texas, and I've NEVER heard anyone here refer to a college athlete as a "kid"... because they ******* aren't. They're grown *** men and that's how they need to be treated. In Texas, it's just understood that YOU are responsible for YOURSELF, and nobody else is. You can't expect anyone to develop you, it's on you to develop your **** self.

Coach Macho is a high school coach in South Florida, and you can tell from the way he talks that he doesn't understand what it means to hold men accountable. Just blames the schemes and the "development," never the players for anything.

There is no culture of accountability in South Florida. It's a mentality that breeds softness. Maybe it's a Disney thing. Who knows. But there's a reason why a bunch of South Florida 4-stars got their asses whipped tonight by a bunch of Texas 3-stars with no other major offers. And it ain't because Sam Gundy is some kind of X's and O's genius.

By that logic I would think a team from Texas would be making some noise. University of Texas looks like us right now, they probably have too many South Florida kids.

This area, especially when it comes to football and other sports, at the youth level, is poisoned. At a young age, in these most recent generations, the kids are spoon fed all the compliments and praise in the world.

Place is full of bootlickers, the kids are full of themselves. They think they’re the **** before they’ve done ****. They aren’t go getters or workers, they are soft. That’s why we watch them act like they won the Super Bowl celebrating a sack down 30 to UNC. Makes me want to vomit.

And it’s not even their fault, it’s on coaches all over Dade County from Pop Warner on up.
I’ve played with these dudes man, I know how this **** operates. If you only knew the half of what goes on behind the scenes. Most of em shouldn’t be NCAA eligible or graduate from high school. You don’t have to earn **** down here anymore, coaches always got the hook up for em.

You can’t sit here and tell me it’s not Pope’s fault he hasn’t added any mass to his frame since the day he stepped foot on campus. You have to want this ****, they don’t want it.

I’d rather take a kid tearing up high school ball in nowhere Oklahoma who is a dawg than one of these Prima Donna 7 v 7 “Superstars”. But nah, Manny and the gang want to act like they have SoFlo on lockdown when we’ve been fed the scraps, bunch of suckers.

Meanwhile, we get to watch half the team get folded over by the OK State’s and UNC’s, and fight tooth and nail against Duke, VT, UVA, GTech, Wake, Pitt’s for the better part of the last 20 years.

Yall need to wake up, these kids aren’t what they used to be, the game passed us by, we are still playing catch up.

And all the soft *** gimmicky chain, rings, uniform, “swagger” **** Manny created has only made things worse and continued the poisonous cycle. Boosted their egos, pump their heads up, make them think they’re all gangster. ***** a joke. Go play ball.

Had to get this off my chest because it’s been brewing for years. I don’t even post on here like that, but I’m always reading. The awakening is coming soon, game 1, next year. Everyone will wake up then.
Best thing I’ve read in a while and it is very true appreciate this

You do realize that Manny didn’t bring in Pope right? You do realize that the players Manny been after down there are guys like James Williams and LT right?

I've, been saying this on here for 3 years - cherry picked is the exact phrase I used by the top programs that get the best. We spend a lot of time getting the rest that have a reason why they're still available.

And, you don't have to go as far away as Oklahoma, try recruiting SW Florida more - the very few kids they recruit over here start at a higher percentage, like these two O-linemen 2015-18: Tyree St Louis (Bradenton) 32 starts and Tyler Gauthier (Venice) 28 starts.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back