Y’all need to read this!

Nail on the head brotha. Part of what I was getting at. These dudes don’t want it. They’re not hungry. That’s not the staffs job, to make sure you’re working on your craft on your own time, in the off-season, the summers. And when you’re on the **** field, the coach can’t catch the ball for you. You gotta GO GET IT, and we have a lot of players that are the opposite of go getters.

And you know it's a South Florida problem because half the mother****ers on this board won't ever blame the players for ANYTHING. If Mark Pope drops a pass, they blame Rob Likens.

Most people on this board call our players "kids" even though they're legally men. I live in Texas, and I've NEVER heard anyone here refer to a college athlete as a "kid"... because they ******* aren't. They're grown *** men and that's how they need to be treated. In Texas, it's just understood that YOU are responsible for YOURSELF, and nobody else is. You can't expect anyone to develop you, it's on you to develop your **** self.

Coach Macho is a high school coach in South Florida, and you can tell from the way he talks that he doesn't understand what it means to hold men accountable. Just blames the schemes and the "development," never the players for anything.

There is no culture of accountability in South Florida. It's a mentality that breeds softness. Maybe it's a Disney thing. Who knows. But there's a reason why a bunch of South Florida 4-stars got their asses whipped tonight by a bunch of Texas 3-stars with no other major offers. And it ain't because Sam Gundy is some kind of X's and O's genius.

Advertisement
Duh fool but if you not being held accountable for not putting in that work wouldn’t that fall under not developing somebody.

would you play Pope and Wiggins? When would you have benched them and why?

I would have benched Pope's *** at the beginning of the season. Been saying so all year.

By the way...

There are "2nd tier" South Florida who are/have been dominating the ACC and other conferences.

Just off the top of my head Rashad Weaver, Zay Flowers and Tutu Atwell are all "2nd tier" South Florida kids that weren't offered by Miami.

There are two separate arguments going on at the same time.

we aren’t getting the gold recruits — true

BUT

the silver recruits we do get appear to be fake plated garbage — true

I think the issue some have is that many on this board try to sell that plated trash as being better than real OOS silver.

How the **** does it happen with 4 staffs in a row?

Advertisement
Bro you're too stupid you even realize that you're basically agreeing with me.
Look at your second-to-last sentence...and then read what I've been saying.

After that, log the fvck off, stick one thumb in your a$$ and the other in your mouth so you can't type anymore... then take your stupid a$$ to bed.
Dumb MF'er.
**** nah, lmao. You pea brain. You’ve were agreeing with me in your first post then started talking about **** I addressed in the original post.

Your first post in the thread was that we don’t get the right Florida kids. Is that not what I said in the original post on this thread? I said we get the scraps. And the scraps are the ones that are soft, entitled, and they aren’t hard workers.

Then you start talking about All - Americans from south florida, as if I ever stated there’s no talent here. I said we ain’t getting it, we getting scraps, so your dumbass graphics were pointless.

Fact is our SoFlo kids ain’t **** and they soft.

So go read your first post on the thread and get back to me dumbass.

BUT

I think the issue some have is that many on this board try to sell that plated trash as being better than real OOS silver.

Why do the silver recruits pan out at other schools?

Advertisement
Pope really doesn't need mass he needs desire and hands. Devonta smith is three lbs heavier and at least an inch taller. He's the best player in the country at 6-1 175

Pope and Wiggin’s problem on the field isn’t desire, it is toughness and strength.

Give them a free release and they look great getting open. Get physical with them, they are easy to reroute and fluster. It’s in their heads and they can’t focus when it counts consistently. They hate missing catches but aren’t mentally or physically strong enough to do anything about it.

The desire part should be in the weight room. Neither has developed much physically since arriving. That is what is most disappointing to me because with 10-20 pounds more muscle they would be much better finishing contested plays.

BUT

This is it. I can live with Losing Jerry Jeudy. It’s the tutu’s and Elijah Moore’s we ignore while signing Wiggins & Pope down here. Pope was highly rated but we missed the other two who are better.

Advertisement
**** nah, lmao. You pea brain. You’ve were agreeing with me in your first post then started talking about **** I addressed in the original post.

Your first post in the thread was that we don’t get the right Florida kids. Is that not what I said in the original post on this thread? I said we get the scraps. And the scraps are the ones that are soft, entitled, and they aren’t hard workers.

Then you start talking about All - Americans from south florida, as if I ever stated there’s no talent here. I said we ain’t getting it, we getting scraps, so your dumbass graphics were pointless.

Fact is our SoFlo kids ain’t **** and they soft.

So go read your first post on the thread and get back to me dumbass.
You said the "elite" ones are cherry picked. (correct)

But then you followed that up by throwing THE WHOLE SOUTH FLORIDA FOOTBALL WORLD under the bus. Calling the kids soft, blah blah blah.

If you knew ****, you'd know that Miami doesn't even need the ELITE ones to get going in the right direction.
THERE'S ALL CONFERENCE PLAYERS FROM SOUTH FLORIDA THAT MIAMI DIDN'T OFFER.

Advertisement
Part of the problem is that South Florida kids are just too dumb and unmotivated to learn a new way of playing defense.

We should just hire someone who will run a high school system as close as possible to what these Florida kids already know. Kind of like we did for the offense.

Because if you're asking these kids to learn anything new as far as scheme goes, you're asking too much. The key to winning with South Florida kids is to remove as much thinking as possible from the equation and let them just play fast and downhill.

If you're asking these kids to put in the time to learn or understand anything, especially something complicated, you're setting yourself up for failure IMO.

That's why people wanting to hire a coordinator from the NFL are a laugh. These kids wouldn't be able to handle that. We would honestly have the most success by just hiring back Randy Shannon and running a 4-3 cover 2.... truth be told.
This is by far the dumbest thing said in this thread.

They go to Bama, Georgia, Clemson, OSU, etc...and play early...which means they likely comprehend the scheme.
But they're too dumb to grasp Baker's vanilla a$$ soft zone?!

Bro are you on drugs? 😆

I run SEVEN different coverages, FIVE different fronts, FOUR different personnel groupings and FOURTEEN different blitz calls...and I coach high school with limited resources, limited time and almost no support staff.

Pope and Wiggin’s problem on the field isn’t desire, it is toughness and strength.

Give them a free release and they look great getting open. Get physical with them, they are easy to reroute and fluster. It’s in their heads and they can’t focus when it counts consistently. They hate missing catches but aren’t mentally or physically strong enough to do anything about it.

The desire part should be in the weight room. Neither has developed much physically since arriving. That is what is most disappointing to me because with 10-20 pounds more muscle they would be much better finishing contested plays.
Pope needs added strength but doesn't need extra weight at probably 5-11 172. There's many guys his size doing great including devonta smith. He's not faster than pope he's got 2 inches and 3 lbs on him. The big difference is functional strength,desire to catch contested balls. Smith catches tons of contested balls or catches where he didn't get separation.

Wiggins at 6-3 195 could use 10 lbs but his biggest problem is catching the ball anytime he has a db contesting him in anyway. They need to have them fight for 50/50 balls all practice long until they can do it consistently. Until then they sit

Exactly. It’s the evals. And it’s not losing the Jeudy’s, it’s taking Wiggins and Pope over Atwell and Elijah Moore.
Agreed on the evals, but like Hall. Is he just a miss by all recruiting him or does he go to Bama and ball because he’s surrounded by an all star two deep and it’s ball or bail.

here it’s hall or yikes the Clemson receiver is 40 yards behind what #, who’s that, ah ****...

Advertisement
Back