Xzavier Henderson Hits the Portal

Im proud of u man lol but nah there’s alot of our fans who still don’t understand this but I’ve realized people are not emotionally intact(not a bad thing) enough to actually look at things from a different perspective than their fandom. It is what it is but I respect u for saying this.
Thank you. I still understand why we wouldn’t chase players who wronged the staff in the recruiting process but that’s a big difference from a simple choice to go elsewhere without the drama.

Advertisement
Thank you. I still understand why we wouldn’t chase players who wronged the staff in the recruiting process but that’s a big difference from a simple choice to go elsewhere without the drama.
For sure if they burn a bridge then its no returning but regular recruiting ****? Then they should be an option if needed

I am convinced a lot of ppl here do not watch college football. We have a clear need for another outside WR. YES this kid is a take. SEC experience. Played plenty of ball. You take these type of players at a position of need. He adds to that room instantly. Will he come in and go for 1100 yds, likely not. But we just had Rambo come in from OU with similar previous experience with production from Riley’s come into a new system and get force fed break Miami records. It’s gunna be rare a jordan Addison caliber player hits the portal
We will never get the Addison types anyway Hendo is the best we will get

Even though he’s a gator, this is strictly a business decision. If we had better options, absolutely tell him to kick rocks. At this point, beggars can’t be choosy
Sometimes as a group y'all really fail to comprehend the bigger picture. Do y'all think we're under the dillusion that were going to the playoffs next year? Because if you're not and you just wanna see your team compete and grow as a squad for when you are headed towards competing on a far larger scale then what you're looking for this season is 1 or 2 pieces who can come in and help lead by results and by examples. You're looking for pieces who in now way impede the growth of your younger players just coming into your system who will be around when youre ready for those big games. How are you solving any of that if you're bringing in pieces that aren't established themselves #1. So you're not sure what you'll get out of them and more importantly they'll take snaps away from the future. So it's not a matter of do we think he's better than most of our recievers or not. It's a question of what will we get out of him and does he impede our growth long term...

Advertisement
Sometimes as a group y'all really fail to comprehend the bigger picture. Do y'all think we're under the dillusion that were going to the playoffs next year? Because if you're not and you just wanna see your team compete and grow as a squad for when you are headed towards competing on a far larger scale then what you're looking for this season is 1 or 2 pieces who can come in and help lead by results and by examples. You're looking for pieces who in now way impede the growth of your younger players just coming into your system who will be around when youre ready for those big games. How are you solving any of that if you're bringing in pieces that aren't established themselves #1. So you're not sure what you'll get out of them and more importantly they'll take snaps away from the future. So it's not a matter of do we think he's better than most of our recievers or not. It's a question of what will we get out of him and does he impede our growth long term...
Your knowledge and insight in these situations is far superior than mine Dee. My point was that some are rejecting XH just because he’s a gator. I despise the gator as much as any Cane but sometimes we have to see a bigger picture. I honestly have no idea if he’s better than any of our current WR’s or if he‘ll add intangibles to that room that’ll benefit them long term. I’ll defer to your judgement in that regard.

He going to be Miami’s version of the Lorenzo Lingard transfer.

Major athlete who can’t really play.

Gets overvalued by the new destination.

Shows up and continues to perform at the same level.

Fanbase from the previous stop is unrelenting with the lulz.

Advertisement
AR 15 was very meh at UF and his best games were mostly running. He’s shooting up draft boards because of tangibles. Falling in love with what a qb can be has gotten many a GM fired.

He missed wide open guys all the time.
AR was a terrible QB with above average athleticism.

Very possible but we have to grab someone at WR.

The difference is that if he performs at the same level as last year, he would be our leading receiver.

I just think we need to have the right expectations. If we expect him to be a go-to guy, we will be disappointed. He’s too stiff. If we expect him to be a field-stretcher and push Jacolby George (who is more talented all-around), he can do that.

Advertisement
The difference is that if he performs at the same level as last year, he would be our leading receiver.

I just think we need to have the right expectations. If we expect him to be a go-to guy, we will be disappointed. He’s too stiff. If we expect him to be a field-stretcher and push Jacolby George (who is more talented all-around), he can do that.

Before I write the next paragraph, I want everyone to understand I agree with the general premise here.

The only thing I’ll add is that Henderson already failed in a modern/spread offense. As alluded to here, he has a limited skill set. The guys here failed under Gattis, who couldn’t design an offense to save his life.

Expectations are in-line for me. The only reason I posted my piece about Lingard is because I see the CIS hype train loading up luggage for eventual departure.

A multi year starter that’s actually contributed is the next Lingard? There always has to be two extremes, he’s far from a Lingard but he’s also not a go to guy that’s going to have 1000-1200 yards and be All Acc. He’s a nice piece that can be used to stretch the field , use his length / height and be a solid to good punt returner. Not sure how that’s a bad take. I think that makes the group better. Btw that was a run heavy offense he put up those numbers in and a very inaccurate qb. I think he’s much more useful in this scheme.

Last edited:
I've been going back and forth on this one.

Can he help us? Maybe. Can he hurt us? Probably not.

But it's not a definite yes "he'll help".

I actually don't feel like we really need help at WR unless they're a clear cut WR1 stud. We have enough "average" WRs who can stretch the field and do damage in a wide open concept.

I'd rather tell him "no" to send a message. If he was a stud it would be different.

I felt the same way about Ladson. Kids can't keep on spurning us out of HS only to return when things didn't work out like they hoped (especially if they're just average).

If they're studs like Tyrique, then that's different. But a kid like this who isn't really going to make a difference in the W/L column? I'd pass.

Advertisement
He had 410 yards last year, third receiver in yards. That would be second on our 2022 team behind Will Mallory. It would be third on our 2021 team behind Rambo and Harley.

I get your point, but IDK about him being our version of LL, tho. He will be able to get on the field here, immediately. LL couldn't get a sniff of playing time up there, until later on. Henderson showing up here, and performing at the same level, would be a windfall for us. Now if we're expecting him to come in here and be Andre Johnson or some other stud from our past, then we will be disappointed. Besides.... who else is out there? We need to get somebody that can help.

Last edited:
Before I write the next paragraph, I want everyone to understand I agree with the general premise here.

The only thing I’ll add is that Henderson already failed in a modern/spread offense. As alluded to here, he has a limited skill set. The guys here failed under Gattis, who couldn’t design an offense to save his life.

Expectations are in-line for me. The only reason I posted my piece about Lingard is because I see the CIS hype train loading up luggage for eventual departure.
Oh ok, I got you now

Last edited:
I see his value as a go route guy who can take the top off.

He was trying to catch wormburners behind the LOS from AR in hillbilly land.

Do I think he’s some future star? No.

But if he can catch the occasional long ball to keep the opposing D honest, he will have been a good pickup. If he face plants, then so be it. But I don’t see many people, if any, saying he’s going to be some great receiver. I still see JG, X, and CY as likely being our top 3 at the time being.

Advertisement
Back