Xzavier Henderson Hits the Portal

The ceiling is probably 35 catches, 600 yards, and 6 TDs.

But there’s not a 6’3 195 body running a 4.4 on this roster. You take him and hope he opens it up underneath for X and the TEs and let Jacolby and Colbie do their thing. They all have different games. I don’t think he beats out Jacolby in the long run and I would expect him to be a 25 catch, 400 yards, 3 TDs type of guy - sadly enough that’s your leading WR in 2022. I wouldn’t expect that to be top 3 WR numbers in 2023 but that’s comfortably your WR4.

Advertisement
A multi year starter that’s actually contributed is the next Lingard? There always has to be two extremes, he’s far from a Lingard but he’s also not a go to guy that’s going to have 1000-1200 yards and be All Acc. He’s a nice piece that can be used to stretch the field , use his length / height and be a solid to good punt returner. Not sure how that’s a bad take. I think that makes the group better. Btw that was a run heavy offense he put up those numbers in and a very inaccurate qb. I think he’s much more useful in this scheme.

We’re on the same page regarding the limited skill set, and how he impacts the WR room.

The Lingard transfer, as I recall it, was a huge deal for UF. I only bring this up because people are getting a bit too excited about Henderson here.

He doesn’t suck, but he’s not Rambo either.

He had 410 yards last year, third receiver in yards. That would be second on our 2022 team behind Will Mallory. It would be third on our 2021 team behind Rambo and Harley.

It's crazy some people aren't seeing that. He would literally have been our leading wide receiver last season. People advocating for him to transfer to Miami aren't saying the kid is Andre Johnson. But it's a fact that he has more proven productivity than anyone we have on roster. 400 yards and we're holding our nose?

This idea that he's going to somehow disrupt George's development is also ridiculous. George is the only other starting-caliber outside receiver besides Young. He'll get a ton of snaps. Who else do we have? Redding, Ladson and Horton. Henderson would be a huge improvement.

Finally, I was just as disappointed in the whole CJ situation as everyone else. Rumph was punked, it was one of the defining moments of his career because between CJ and his AH kids, the cement hardened that he couldn't recruit top talent. So yeah, I'm mad as **** about that. But XH is not CJ. And who gives a crap that the rest of the family is all Gator? What better way to flip the script then to bring in XH and see him thrive?

This guy is average at best. We have plenty of average on the current roster so why add more average at the WR position. Seek out difference makers at WR or stand your ground as we have plenty of bodies there.

Advertisement
We’re on the same page regarding the limited skill set, and how he impacts the WR room.

The Lingard transfer, as I recall it, was a huge deal for UF. I only bring this up because people are getting a bit too excited about Henderson here.

I somehow feel that Henderson will be able to contribute more for us than Lingard to the gators. Lingard put up 150 yards in three seasons for them. We had 4 different rushers do more than that just last season, two of whom transferred out because they weren't going to make the cut this season.

He going to be Miami’s version of the Lorenzo Lingard transfer.

Major athlete who can’t really play.

Gets overvalued by the new destination.

Shows up and continues to perform at the same level.

Fanbase from the previous stop is unrelenting with the lulz.

If Henderson "shows up and continues to perform at the same level", he will be one of our top WRs.

Bad comparison to Lingard, who never did anything at UM.

EDIT: Dammit, the brilliant @DMoney beat me to the punch...

This guy is average at best. We have plenty of average on the current roster so why add more average at the WR position. Seek out difference makers at WR or stand your ground as we have plenty of bodies there.

I genuinely cannot understand how people watched our group for 12 games last year and can say things like this. I can't even wrap my head around it.

Advertisement
We need to take this young man if he wants in. Teams reload high 4* and 5* star talent at the same positions every year. If he takes someone spot on the field due to performance...so be it. I mean, isn't that what we ultimately want anyway? Not to mention that we easily could've taken 4 WRs in the 2023 class but due to the crap show we put on TV, we were lucky to get Ray Ray and Robby.

I think the premise that we shouldn't add talent due to stunting the talent we have on board already is a mindset that we've had for the past two decades and it is gotten us anywhere but at the forefront of being the laughing stock of college football...bring this kid, Jean, Inniss and whomever else can add to the competition and if current kids don't want to compete, they can leave. Simple as that.

Statistically, at this point in their pre-Miami careers, he is exactly Rambo.

Whether he will do what Rambo did at Miami remains to be seen.

He had 410 yards last year, third receiver in yards. That would be second on our 2022 team behind Will Mallory. It would be third on our 2021 team behind Rambo and Harley.
Facts....the numbers don't lie. Anyone saying he's not a take...explain your stance based on facts. X

Based on the facts/numbers.....XH can 100% help our 2023 team get wins...unless there's character issues, this is the only thing that matters.

Advertisement
I see his value as a go route guy who can take the top off.

He was trying to catch wormburners behind the LOS from AR in hillbilly land.

Do I think he’s some future star? No.

But if he can catch the occasional long ball to keep the opposing D honest, he will have been a good pickup. If he face plants, then so be it. But I don’t see many people, if any, saying he’s going to be some great receiver. I still see JG, X, and CY as likely being our top 3 at the time being.
Bingo.

And not to mention if CY or JG gets hurt...we're frickin screwed...we need depth that can actually come in and produce. Not just practice bodies and bench warmers....guys that can help us so JG and CY don't have to play every single snap.

Facts....the numbers don't lie. Anyone saying he's not a take...explain your stance based on facts. X

Based on the facts/numbers.....XH can 100% help our 2023 team get wins...unless there's character issues, this is the only thing that matters.
Punt return was a mess last year so adding a solid to pretty good wr that’s a vet in the return game would be big. Not stressing on every punt catch would be nice , I haven’t felt that way since BB

Advertisement

We're in a shocking state if we're pursuing any skill position players from the Gators - that supporting cast last year was ******* awful.

I would argue, and most would agree...that Ladson and Redding are both below-average as it stands right now. They are bodies, yes, but right now that's about all they are.

As BrooklynD mentioned, Ladson is a strange case because he has what appears the ability to be an absolute freak...but idk what his issue is...kid may just not love football. Some guys are bigger, stronger and faster in HS than everyone else so they roll with it..but once the scales are evened and you have to work extremely hard to get better, they don't do it because really they never loved the sport in the first place.

IIRC Rambo wasn't really Rambo until he got into Lashlees offense and started winning 1-on-1 battles consistently. At the time of his transfer he was regarded in much the same way as Henderson - dude with physical tools that had middling production up to that point.

Advertisement
Back