Xzavier Henderson Hits the Portal

Advertisement
I don’t think some of y’all realize who‘s been playing qb for them the last couple years. Qb’s that couldn’t hit the broad side of the barn. He was also misused there.

I agree completely, but I also want to know a little bit about his intent/desire to pick UM. I don't want to get a guy that we have to tell his parents to come pick him up.

AR 15 was awful at UF and his best games were mostly running. He’s shooting up draft boards because of tangibles. Falling in love with what a qb can be has gotten many a GM fired.

He missed wide open guys all the time.
You're talking about the guy who's qbr was ranked 30th in the nation according to ESPN. About 56% completion rate, twice as many TD's as Int's. My argument isn't that Richardson was great or even very good, but I don't think he was awful from an overall standpoint either, and I guess you're implying Henderson would have been significantly better with a more accurate passer. Better? Sure. An impact player??
Look - I like the take (prospectively), but feel he's a guy who can play a role to improve the room. The speed is undeniable; how good the receiver is - we'll see.

Advertisement
You're talking about the guy who's qbr was ranked 30th in the nation according to ESPN. About 56% completion rate, twice as many TD's as Int's. My argument isn't that Richardson was great or even very good, but I don't think he was awful from an overall standpoint either, and I guess you're implying Henderson would have been significantly better with a more accurate passer. Better? Sure. An impact player??
Look - I like the take (prospectively), but feel he's a guy who can play a role to improve the room. The speed is undeniable; how good the receiver is - we'll see.
If a qb that runs as much as he did and still completes in the 50’s is meh to bad. You see mostly basic coverages or spies most plays because of the run threat. Yet he struggled with reads and accuracy. Maybe he’s good after sitting a couple years and being developed but at UF he was not good.

You mean the one who's going certainly in the 1st Rd? Sure, he's a work in progress, but I recall a couple/few very good outings.
I like the take (potential), but don't think Henderson comes in and lights it up.

Define "good outings". I did several extensive posts on this during the season. Setting aside his long runs (which have nothing to do with Henderson's output), AR-15 had a few long passes and a lot of much shorter passes. His "good outings" were when he would have 2 long TD passes and/or 2 long runs per game. but go line-by-line, the rest of his game production was crap.

And if Henderson didn't happen to be on the receiving end of one of those long TD passes? Then the rest of the game was pedestrian. Look at Henderson's STATS and then realize he was one of their top guys.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Cribby being this vocal makes me think he’s a big time portal target.

I’m excited if that’s the case. We need a kid like this. Our system is perfect for a burner like him. Also he’s around pro players and will know exactly what it takes to get there. He’ll treat the next two years like it’s a job interview

Cribby being this vocal makes me think he’s a big time portal target.

I’m excited if that’s the case. We need a kid like this. Our system is perfect for a burner like him. Also he’s around pro players and will know exactly what it takes to get there. He’ll treat the next two years like it’s a job interview
How fast is he? It looks like he is plenty fast and he can high point the ball but I don’t see a burner.

Advertisement

Dude, I'm not mad at you, but those stats are garbage.

First of all, you are citiing "QBR", which will take into account his running. And I have acknowledged that his running was a strength, but that's really not a big deal TO A WIDE RECEIVER hoping to catch more passes.

As for completion rate, where are you getting that from, his career? Because in his one year as a full-time starter (last year) his completion rate was 53.8%. That is TERRIBLE.

And this "twice as many TDs as INTs crap? Not even. He had 17 TDs and 9 INTs, so you have to "round up" to get to your stat. And for the first 8 games of the season, he was dead-even, with 7 TD passes against 7 INTs. It was only in the final four games, against aTm (5-7), South Carolina (8-5), Vanderbilt (5-7) and F$U (10-3) that he got to a positive TD-to-INT ratio. It was only in THOSE FOUR GAMES that AR-15 was able to go +8 in TD passes over INTs. And two of those four teams had EVEN WORSE records than Florida.

So, look, you can either accurately quote stats (53.8% completion rate) or you can look at stats that tell a bigger story (such as 7.8 yards per pass attempt, which factors in the incompletions). The fact remains, AR-15 completed 176 passes for 2,549 yards. Over 12 games, THAT IS FEWER THAN 15 COMPLETIONS PER GAME FOR JUST OVER 200 YARDS PER GAME. Seriously.

Now factor out AR-15's "long" passes per game:

23 - Utah
28 - Kentucky
33 - USF
44 - Kentucky
75 - Eastern Washington
20 - Mizzou
51 - LSU
78 - UGa
23 - aTm
27 - South Carolina
74 - Vandy
52 - F$U

That means 528 yards (over 20% of his total passing production) came on 12 passes.

Seriously, you just have to go back and watch the games.

43f.gif

If a qb that runs as much as he did and still completes in the 50’s is meh to bad. You see mostly basic coverages or spies most plays because of the run threat. Yet he struggled with reads and accuracy. Maybe he’s good after sitting a couple years and being developed but at UF he was not good.
If a team has a “top 5 pick” at QB u shouldn’t go 6-6 and have bad offense lol

Advertisement
Back