Xzavier Henderson Hits the Portal

You're talking about the guy who's qbr was ranked 30th in the nation according to ESPN. About 56% completion rate, twice as many TD's as Int's. My argument isn't that Richardson was great or even very good, but I don't think he was awful from an overall standpoint either, and I guess you're implying Henderson would have been significantly better with a more accurate passer. Better? Sure. An impact player??
Look - I like the take (prospectively), but feel he's a guy who can play a role to improve the room. The speed is undeniable; how good the receiver is - we'll see.
Dont know where you came up with "30th". The stat sheet for QB's for 2022 that I reviewed earlier today showed AR ranked as the #65 QB in the country for 2022, 2549 yards passing, 17 TD's and 9 INT's, 53.8% completion % and a QBR 0f 131. Blame it on the OC, on the scheme, on the OL, but his performance at UF as a QB is not reflecting a first round draft pick.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Is he legitimately interested in coming here? I’m all for it if he can be a vertical threat. I am not familiar with his game.

Advertisement
Dont know where you came up with "30th". The stat sheet for QB's for 2022 that I reviewed earlier today showed AR ranked as the #65 QB in the country for 2022, 2549 yards passing, 17 TD's and 9 INT's, 53.8% completion % and a QBR 0f 131. Blame it on the OC, on the scheme, on the OL, but his performance at UF as a QB is not reflecting a first round draft pick.
  • SCORES

Florida Gators

Anthony Richardson

ANTHONYRICHARDSON​

Florida Gators

• CLASS
    Sophomore
  • HT/WT
    6' 4", 232 lbs
  • BIRTHPLACE
    Gainesville, FL
FOLLOW

2022 SEASON STATS​

• YDS
    65th
  • TD
    Tied-66th
  • INT
    Tied-80th
  • QBR
    30th

Advertisement
He can be the deep threat we need. I don’t think Florida got the most out of him but they did have Richardson and Emory Jones playing QB.

Hedge your expectations and you wouldn’t be disappointed. He does bring something different and experience to the room. I expect Louisville to be a player for him - don’t think he’s sealed and delivered to Miami just yet

He can be the deep threat we need. I don’t think Florida got the most out of him but they did have Richardson and Emory Jones playing QB.

Hedge your expectations and you wouldn’t be disappointed. He does bring something different and experience to the room. I expect Louisville to be a player for him - don’t think he’s sealed and delivered to Miami just yet
Sure hope we get him.

Advertisement
Sure hope we get him.
I think he’d be smart to play in this offense as much as TVD likes to throw the deep ball and how effective he is doing it. That’s Xzavier’s game.

Easily the best option right now that is somewhat realistic.

He’s not shifty and not that good in the short and intermediate game and UF tried to force him to do that under Mullen and Napier - likely because of the ability of their QBs.

How fast is he? It looks like he is plenty fast and he can high point the ball but I don’t see a burner.
Been discussed on the portal thread that he runs a 21.09 200 meter in high school which is really fast for a track guy let alone for a 6'4" wide receiver. .50 faster would be world class sprinter. He did not run the 100 meter his senior year because he also was really great at 400 meter.

I think he’d be smart to play in this offense as much as TVD likes to throw the deep ball and how effective he is doing it. That’s Xzavier’s game.

Easily the best option right now that is somewhat realistic.

He’s not shifty and not that good in the short and intermediate game and UF tried to force him to do that under Mullen and Napier - likely because of the ability of their QBs.

Thats exactly what I would have written if I had any clue of what I was talking about.

Been discussed on the portal thread that he runs a 21.09 200 meter in high school which is really fast for a track guy let alone for a 6'4" wide receiver. .50 faster would be world class sprinter. He did not run the 100 meter his senior year because he also was really great at 400 meter.
I saw that but it’s hard to gauge that as football speed unless you have splits.

Advertisement
Back