Xavier Restrepo transfers from Sta to Deerfield.

Advertisement
Talked to his folks today.
Miami is his dream school. He tried to commit as soon as he was offered. They turned him down.

How recent?

Hopefully they swing back around on him. Worry that Diaz is overestimating UM's national appeal. Like the last how many coaches.

Advertisement
He has the athleticism and though he is short he is not small considering he is almost 190lbs. He is supposedly 5'9.5-5'10 and there are Safeties around that height who are good in the nfl, ex Tyrran mathieu and earl thomas. Not only that, but he has the heart and smarts to be an excellent football player. I know the #1 S on Miami board is Williams, who is very good to and I would like to get, but this is where coaches have to do evaluations. Williams is rank higher and is an inch taller but weighs 15lbs less than Restepo, not only that there athletic measurables are pretty close. That being said, the thing that will determine who will have the more successful football career will not be base off their ranking coming out of high school, but the coaching they will receive while in college and if the staff thinks they can turn Restrepo into a beast, they should not wait to hear an answer from Williams and let Restrepo commit.

Last edited:
Advertisement
We should not lose out on him. So underrated. College-ready body, elite testing numbers, smarts.

Him being 5’10” instead of 6’ makes no difference to me when you have all the other traits like he does.

That’s cool but there are natural Safeties rated higher right now

That’s cool but there are natural Safeties rated higher right now
I mean pretty much everyone feels he has a very high ceiling at safety. This is the kind of kid that we hold off on taking for the top target and in the process get spurned by the plan A and plan B.

I mean pretty much everyone feels he has a very high ceiling at safety. This is the kind of kid that we hold off on taking for the top target and in the process get spurned by the plan A and plan B.

Just keep the lines of communication open. Offering late is where we ***** up

Advertisement
who feels like he has very high ceiling? besides random CIS posters

With any undersized kid, you have to evaluate whether those size deficiencies cause any issues on the field. So far, so good. I haven't seen Restrepo's lack of length/size get exposed yet. Matter of fact, he might have been the best player on the field today at the Battle tournament, in terms of impact. (in the games he played, I didn't watch many others)

I always wondered about his long speed but today he got behind defenses several times for long bombs.

I got a chance to watch Justin Hodges. Certified stud IMO. He had his own island today. He made a few plays that only a CB with his length and athleticism could make.

Advertisement
With any undersized kid, you have to evaluate whether those size deficiencies cause any issues on the field. So far, so good. I haven't seen Restrepo's lack of length/size get exposed yet. Matter of fact, he might have been the best player on the field today at the Battle tournament, in terms of impact. (in the games he played, I didn't watch many others)

I always wondered about his long speed but today he got behind defenses several times for long bombs.

I got a chance to watch Justin Hodges. Certified stud IMO. He had his own island today. He made a few plays that only a CB with his length and athleticism could make.
Have to believe the evaluation period will be critical for a lot of talent here.

Advertisement
Back