Xavier Restrepo transfers from Sta to Deerfield.

He'll play Safety and WR.

That's good to hear. I prefer him at safety, too.

What makes him interesting at the next level IMO is that on top of playing safety, he can play every coverage unit, hold for kicks, return punts when backed up against the endzone, etc. It's hard to see him being a wasted scholly.

He tested as a good athlete at the Opening, too. 5-9.5, 186, 4.58, 4.16 shuttle and 33 inch vert.

Advertisement
That's good to hear. I prefer him at safety, too.

What makes him interesting IMO is that on top of playing safety, he can play every coverage unit, hold for kicks, return punts when backed up against the endzone, etc. It's hard to see him being a wasted scholly.

He tested as a good athlete at the Opening, too.

He reminds me of Jamie Boone Cane alumni played QB and DB back in the day had that in between body builder build super smart with 4.4 speed gun for an arm ended up at DB multiple positions hit like Gary Fencik ,Jamie ended up Cleveland Browns couple years the blew out knees.

This kid would be an awesome get for us with multiple skills a true athlete.

GOCANES

Advertisement
Hope we snag this kid, hopefully playing more safety this year will get him that offer. He's a guy you just get on campus and find out where you want him. He can do a bunch and has the measurables to do it

Advertisement
You think as a safety he’s a good candidate to replace Tennison?
I guess he won’t be relied upon too much cause Deerfield has plenty of receiver depth.

I would say possibly.
I'm not sure exactly what Diaz and Company are looking for in a safety. He's built very well, but he's not very long.

I was told today that part of the reason he left St Thomas was because they wouldn't let him play safety.

Advertisement
So why do we always strike out at Deerfield?

It seems like a very anti Cane environment over there

Advertisement
Already on it.
Worked him at Safety (again) today. He got a couple picks and almost decapitated somebody. This kid is literally always in the right spot.
Loved his film at the safety spot. Hope to see yall boys ball out this year man. You going to the scrimmage or 7v7 this saturday?

Advertisement
Back