Xavier Restrepo--This man gonna be our next Honeynut.

Advertisement
He's going to be better.

The Berrios comparisons are low hanging fruit. They aren't the same guy at all.
I’ll be generous and ignore the race and say the berrios comparisons are probably based on undersized/smaller hard worker/gym rat and I believe Coming out of hs berrios also had a reputation for being able to do it all (kr, pr, etc). Can you elaborate on the finer differences in their game that makes you think Xavier will be better.

Genuine question.
Thanks

He's going to be better.

Not to mention X specifically said he doesn't wanna be compared to Brax.

I hope they're not the same, because as much as I love Berrios, he really didn't do much until his senior year. We need dudes that can come in and ball.

Advertisement
Not to mention X specifically said he doesn't wanna be compared to Brax.

I hope they're not the same, because as much as I love Berrios, he really didn't do much until his senior year. We need dudes that can come in and ball.
I believe Brax torn his ACL before his freshman year. He still played but was expected to break out in year 2 but got hurt early when Kaaya threw him a pass that nearly got him him killed. Didn't get much burn Junior year and was going to transfer but decided to stay and had a breakout year. I think injuries really slowed him down early in his career but he really broke out Senior year when given the opportunity.

He's going to be better.

Berrios had a better 40 time coming out of high school- I believe a 4.52 (ran a 4.46 at the NFL combine). And his shuttle time was insane.. I think the best in the country coming out of high school. He also came to UM with an ACL injury so that set him back. Restrepo is going to be a good player here, but he’s not the athlete Berrios is. at least, according to numbers. And Berrios’ senior year was amazing.

I’ll be generous and ignore the race and say the berrios comparisons are probably based on undersized/smaller hard worker/gym rat and I believe Coming out of hs berrios also had a reputation for being able to do it all (kr, pr, etc). Can you elaborate on the finer differences in their game that makes you think Xavier will be better.

Genuine question.
Thanks

Berrios never had more than a handful of catches until his senior year. In every report I've seen Restrepo has been tearing it up since the day he got to campus-on the field, with the playbook and in the locker room.

He's going to smash those first three year numbers in year one and never look back.

Berrios had a better 40 time coming out of high school- I believe a 4.52 (ran a 4.46 at the NFL combine). And his shuttle time was insane.. I think the best in the country coming out of high school. He also came to UM with an ACL injury so that set him back. Restrepo is going to be a good player here, but he’s not the athlete Berrios is. at least, according to numbers. And Berrios’ senior year was amazing.

He returned from an ACL injury in “ridiculous” time.

At the Under Armor All-America game was tackled awkwardly in the first quarter and headed for the sidelines. But he didn’t realize the severity of the injury and returned to the game, where he scored a touchdown in the fourth quarter.

It wasn’t until the routine physical all players go through upon arriving at college for early enrollment that Berrios realized he’d torn the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee.

“I walked into college with a torn ACL,” Berrios said. “Everything happens for a reason, and in those times you really have to have full faith in that. Sometimes when you’re in the moment it’s hard to understand that and hard to really rationalize it that way.”

The anticipated rehab window for the injury was nine months. Berrios returned in seven and was in the lineup for the first game of his freshman season at Miami.

“I mean, it’s ridiculous that he’s out there doing what he’s doing,” Miami coach Al Golden said at the time. “And he won’t wear a brace… We’re excited about him.”

Advertisement
I hope he ends up better than Berrios at the U, but people forget how good Berrios was as an athlete. 131.37 SPARQ is ridiculous and 3.81 shuttle was one of the fastest ever. 40 inch vert to go with the 4.52 laser. He was not your typical smart, hardworking white guy.
1598667355512.png
1598667267507.png

Last edited:
I hope he ends up better than Berrios at the U, but people forget how good Berrios was as an athlete. 131.37 SPARQ is ridiculous and 3.81 shuttle was one of the fastest ever. 40 inch vert to go with the 4.52 laser.
View attachment 128716View attachment 128715
Berrios was all Cane, a super quick athlete and a great teamate. But Restrepo already looks to be game ready and definitely acts like he has that dog in him.

Numbers only tell part of the story. Do you see him only have 12 catches this season?

Advertisement
Advertisement
He had 21 12 12 his first three years. Pick from any of them.
...and was injured for a good part of those three years. Not fake injuries, real injuries.

I love X, but he has yet to catch a single pass in a college game.

Meantime Berrios is on an active NFL roster. He’s not killing it, but he’s making NFL money and was something like 5th or 6th in punt returns last year. Nothing to get too excited about, but what he did for the team in 2017 is underrated.

The point isn’t to shlt on X, because I think he’s going to be an outstanding player, could end up being much better, but after years of seeing people dog BB on this site, let’s be honest about his situation and contributions

Advertisement
Back