Xavier Restrepo first two games

Advertisement
Wait, so Deerfield doesn't have a legit 2nd string QB they could have put in?? I'm just asking because it seems weird they had to rely on their starting WR/S to be the backup.

Advertisement
His mechanics are awful and he still got the job done with field vision and total command of the offense knowing where the ball should go. Very impressive and not a novelty evaluation either considering how coverage reads and playbook comprehension are a major skill gap at the WR position.

It's obvious that I undersold his athleticism from evaluating his Sophomore clips. He's much more explosive now and looks closer to Golden Tate than Adam Humphries athletically. Gotta love the physicality and sudden urgency he plays with. He's a man amongst boys at this level and a much better player than his stats would indicate.

His mechanics are awful and he still got the job done with field vision and total command of the offense knowing where the ball should go. Very impressive and not a novelty evaluation either considering how coverage reads and playbook comprehension are a major skill gap at the WR position.

It's obvious that I undersold his athleticism from evaluating his Sophomore clips. He's much more explosive now and looks closer to Golden Tate than Adam Humphries athletically. Gotta love the physicality and sudden urgency he plays with. He's a man amongst boys at this level and a much better player than his stats would indicate.

What do you think of him on defense? His length will always be an issue but I think that’s his fit. His instincts are off the charts and his burst is underrated (see testing #s and ability to block kicks).

Advertisement
The kid is a stud.. DEFENSE is where he belongs, that is the best place for him.. Only IF he could grow a few more inches and put a little more height on that frame!! I think he is going to play early here at UM, he's a football player.. Very Underrated prospect here!!

Been saying defense for this kid since his Sophomore film came out.

He can play the same role as Jaquan has in his development (FS, SS and Nickel).

Bandy can play outside CB and Nickel.

So the kid going to Southern Miss can't hit the broad side of a barn for Deerfield and Restrepo comes in and lights it up? That's awesome.

What happened to Pratt? Why isn't he playing?

Advertisement
What do you think of him on defense? His length will always be an issue but I think that’s his fit. His instincts are off the charts and his burst is underrated (see testing #s and ability to block kicks).

Yeah he could be an excellent zone corner for those reasons. He could even play Striker in this scheme. Those may be his highest upside roles but I need to see evidence of man coverage skills to project him as a Bandy type.

I do like him on offense as a gadget player who's physical in short areas. Golden Tate and Deebo Samuel are high end comps for his offensive role.

Advertisement
Restrepo is baller, it was obvious the moment I saw his highlights that he'll make the overall team better wherever he goes. Hope he plays DB. He'll be an All-ACC type player just like Bandy.

Why do people have to talk trash about Martell when complimenting Restrepo? Have you geniuses seen any of Martell's high school games or highlights? There is zero likeness between the two other than the fact they're both white and put the team on their backs to win games. We should be happy we have both.

Advertisement
Back