Xavier Restrepo first two games

Last I heard, staff was recruited/recruiting him as a Safety not a WR. But an Athlete nonetheless. Really don't like the way he tackles but everything else is ACC quality.

Advertisement
I think he looks blue chip at both positions. Glad they didn't wait too long on this guy. Seems like some of our best players were people we got on late after the top of the board "measurables" guys blew us off for the SEC. Bandy, Redwine and others. That's why I like our LB class. All productive football players who may not run 4.5 but are good at.... football.

Definitely a safety. I could see him starting at nickel and then transitioning back to safety exactly like Jaquan did.

Advertisement
Personally I think his instincts are pretty close to Bandy or at least as the potential to be, but Bandy at this stage was miles ahead when it comes to technique. That being said Restrepo to me does not seem like a boundary guy like Bandy. Restrepo will play Safety and Nickles in some packages if he played defense.

I’m not even considering him as a receiver anymore, all defense for me lol. He is a solid receiver but can be even better at db

Advertisement
We will call him “Escobar”
He reminds me of a dB version of Marley. Very physical aggressive and fast.

Personally I think his instincts are pretty close to Bandy or at least as the potential to be, but Bandy at this stage was miles ahead when it comes to technique. That being said Restrepo to me does not seem like a boundary guy like Bandy. Restrepo will play Safety and Nickles in some packages if he played defense.
I agree but restrepo is working on playing offense and defense and he plays multiple spots on defense so of course he isnt overly technical so we will see I like the dog.

I like and think he plays slot...I've given in slightly to you guys that want him on defense, and could maybe see it. But I think slot more likely.

He had clear separation on a couple deep balls vs. CC (I watched about a quarter and a half), and King just hung the ball up forever, or threw it too far in the middle of the field and the CC safety got over. There was another play he was absolutely tackled on and somehow no p.i. was called.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I believe the staff has been recruiting him as a DB while keeping the option of playing WR available. I like him as a nickle. He's quick and fluid and willingly physical.

Advertisement
Back