X Williams was born a cane

In the past he woulda been a necessity but he's a luxury barring we keep all our guys committed and everyone seems locked in so.

Advertisement
Please find me a 6'1" WR that has been successful in the NFL that runs above 4.5 other than Jarvis Landry and Antonio Brown please.

So again please explain to me how slow WR's make it in the NFL?

Off the top of my head.. Jerry Rice, Chris Carter, Michael Irvin, Marvin Harrison

Erroneous.. Those gold jackets look stupid anyway.

Last edited:
Ok...lets go back 20 years ****o.

BTW...athletes get bigger and faster as time goes by. It's called evolution.

Advertisement
11.42 100 meters translates into sub 4.5 40 yard dash.

I also think Moore is the best route runner in the country.

Elijah Moore is a sub 4.5 kid.

No evidence that Williams is a sub 4.5 kid.

BTW...Jeff Thomas runs a 4.28.

Jeff Thomas is elite.

Xavier Williams is likely not.

You do realize all 3 of our current wr commits could not run a sub 4.5 right now? I doubt any of them could run a 4.5 - and they're all studs. Additionally, Williams ran a 4.69 at one camp which is plenty fast for a 17 year old that hasn't had professional S&C

By your logic we would've passed up on Ahmmon because he ran a 4.71 as a 16/17 year old. Also, Richards only did the long jump in track and not the running events.

Don't even know why I replied, you have to be trolling

Last edited by a moderator:

You doin all this talkin about 40 yard dash times and he doesn't even have a verified 40 time either? I'm out lol

Advertisement
Moore's 9 catches for 42 yards definitely indicates his speed and elite route running ability. And yes let's believe Al Foil over Richt, Dugans, Brown, Saban Etc.

Al Foil -- the problem with your analysis is we're talking a HS kid's 40 time vs a College JR or SR who has had extensive training in running a 40 for the NFL Combine. I have seen Williams' 40 time listed as 4.67. While I don't know if this is hand-timed or laser-timed, it's virtually certain that he will improve on it significantly in the next 4-5 years.

I remember J. Vilma being listed at 5.0 for the 40 coming out of H.S. I'm guessing if Al Foil were around back then, he'd say no way this guy could play in the NFL (let alone be an All-Pro).

Has anyone here actually seen Williams in person? It seems some have strong opinions about a kid they haven't even seen play.

Daquirs Wiggins just ripped a 11.19 100 meter.

Much better prospect than Xavier Williams. I will take him every day.

Advertisement
The 3 inches and 15 lbs Williams has on Moore means nothing either. Plus the 31 catches for 866 yrds and 10 tds indicates Williams lack of speed and route running for sure.

Jeff Thomas is elite.

You do realize all 3 of our current wr commits could not run a sub 4.5 right now? I doubt any of them could run a 4.5 - and they're all studs. Additionally, Williams ran a 4.69 at one camp which is plenty fast for a 17 year old that hasn't had professional S&C

By your logic we would've passed up on Ahmmon because he ran a 4.71 as a 16/17 year old. Also, Richards only did the long jump in track and not the running events.

Don't even know why I replied, you have to be trolling

Boom. Al Foil is as effective at debating as Golden is doing everything coaching related.

proxy.php

Advertisement

Jeff Thomas is elite.

Moore is a great prospect theres no doubt about it he will show this season IMO but X probably is a 4.5 guy when u watch the film. Saban would not offer him if he couldnt run period

Daquirs Wiggins just ripped a 11.19 100 meter.

Much better prospect than Xavier Williams. I will take him every day.

Wiggins is good, but we don't know if he's better or worst than Williams. There's a reason Saban's going hard and has Williams committed.

Besides looking at 40-yard times for high school kids is foolish. How about you see where they're at after a year of collegiate S&C? Or do you just not like him for some god awful reason?

Advertisement
Back