X Williams was born a cane

Ok...lets go back 20 years... athletes get bigger and faster as time goes by. It's called evolution.

I'm sure your flawed logic pertains to DB's also being slower 20 years ago. It's called you're an idiot.

Advertisement
Who TF wants to play in Tuscaloosa?

What are the arguments here? Positives: 1. You get a more illegal perks and spending money, and 2. if you get in trouble, Saban's cleanup crew will bail you out aka Meyer-Hernandez. Those are pretty disgusting reasons to spend 3-5 years of your life and have to represent Baga for the rest of your life.

Meanwhile, at Miami, your chances of going to the league are just as good, arguably better based on recent NFL history. You play in front of friends and family for the hometown that LOVES you. You play on a team full of local boys. You live in MIAMI, not buttfuk, redneckville USA. You're a human being to be nurtured and developed by Richt, not a business transaction to be exploited by Saban. You're not called racial slurs outside of campus and kicked out of restaurants. Your degree is worth more than toilet paper.

Well stated!

Question: Why does the NFL have a combine?

Answer: Speed is the best measure of future success for skill position players.

Just because you are the fastest doesn't mean you are the best.

However, if you are slow you cannot be elite at corner or wide receiver.

End of story.

I don't know if Xavier Williams is fast or slow because he won't run.

Uhhh Wes Welker would like to have a word with you.

Advertisement
DeAndre Hopkins - 4.57
Jordy Nelson- 4.51
Brandon Marshal- 4.52
Larry Fitzgerald - 4.5
Allen Robinson -4.6
Eric Decker 4.54
Julian Edelman 4.52
Keenan Allen 4.56
Allen Hurns 4.54

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/2016-nfl-player-rankings-wide-receivers

4.5 is good enoughto get seperation at the college level and alot of other things r important like there short area burst n **** like that......I mean cuck ran a 4.5 but looks faster cuz that short area burst he hits top speed on his first step. Alot of the targets saban recruits have that explosiveness and that burst in a box.....his teams always look faster then everyone else and its how the 00 01 canes were built and MR is smart and is recruiting that way.

Anything Under 4.5 laser timed is "very fast"

Fast Guys (NFL Combine Times)

Julio Jones 4.34
Emanuel Sanders 4.42
Golden Tate 4.42
AJ Green 4.48
TY Hilton 4.37
Travis Benjamin 4.31
Alshon Jeffrey 4.48
Brandin Cooks 4.33
Odell Beckham 4.43
Sammy Watkins 4.43
Amari Cooper 4.42
Jeremy Maclin 4.45

So again please explain to me how slow WR's make it in the NFL?

Every once in a while a guy like Antonio Brown comes along (ran 4.54 at combine) that is just so gifted running routes that he can defy the sub 4.5 speed requirement.

Otherwise, it is a waste of time to recruit WR's that do not have a verifiable track or 40 time.

Jarvis Landry 4.77
Jordy Nelson 4.51
Keenan Allen 4.71
Allen Robinson 4.60
Deandre Hopkins 4.57
Mike Evans 4.53
Wes Welker 4.65
Larry Fitzgerald 4.63
Dez 4.52
Anquan Boldin 4.71

Going back further:

Chad Johnson 4.57
Cris Carter 4.63
Plaxico Burress 4.59
Playmaker 4.52

..... off the top of my Google.

Question: Why does the NFL have a combine?

Answer: Speed is the best measure of future success for skill position players.

Just because you are the fastest doesn't mean you are the best.

However, if you are slow you cannot be elite at corner or wide receiver.

End of story.

I don't know if Xavier Williams is fast or slow because he won't run.

The most important part of the combine is the medical evaluation.

And they also run position drills, standing broad jump, bench press, standing vertical jump, 20 yard shuttle, 3 cone drill, etc... because a receiver who drops 50% of his balls in the position drills isn't getting drafted in the first two rounds either.

Advertisement
Please find me a 6'1" WR that has been successful in the NFL that runs above 4.5 other than Jarvis Landry and Antonio Brown please.

You don't have to go far... just look up Pahokee's own Anquan Boldin. He's 6'1". He ran a 4.71 40. And caught over 1000 passes in his career, won a super bowl, and went to several pro bowls.

You don't have to go far... just look up Pahokee's own Anquan Boldin. He's 6'1". He ran a 4.71 40. And caught over 1000 passes in his career, won a super bowl, and went to several pro bowls.

Lucky find.. athough he is certainly no Darrius Heyward-Bey.

IMG_2919.jpg
Al Foil taking big Ls in this thread.

Advertisement
People should be asking...

1. Why won't Xavier Williams run a 40 yard dash at a combine?;
2. Why doesn't Xavier Williams run track?

Meanwhile, Elijah Moore is competing well in the 100 meter dash this spring.

https://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/Athlete.aspx?AID=10970955#/L0

I question the true upside of any skill position player that won't run a 40 yard dash or run track.

I can't believe Saban didn't think of asking those questions before he offered. Moron

Advertisement

Nah, I just look at the tape...Kid is gliding through teams out there. Like Moore as well, but no doubt about XWill is a beast.

Is this a bad time to mention that Zay is flying to Bama today...

they trynna seal the deal but MR got that long d8ck style n hes closer to UM so bama may be f8cked on this one. How can X not be pressured when the whole class is elite SFLA studs. He may flip on that alone.

Meanwhile, Elijah Moore is competing well in the 100 meter dash this spring.

https://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/Athlete.aspx?AID=10970955#/L0

I question the true upside of any skill position player that won't run a 40 yard dash or run track.
LOL....so by your logic Anthony Schwartz is the best wr in Florida then huh? Haven't seen anything on mark pope running track

That's not what he's saying so don't even try that BS. All he's saying is he trust a guy who isn't afraid to show case his speed over a guy who is. Speed is a big factor as to why some guys game does't transition to the next level amongst other things.

Speed isn't everything. Look at Akeem Jolla. 21.1 200m but was flat garbage in football cause he lacked the other attributes needed. I was concerned about Jolla cause he came off as a track guy who tried to play football. You want guys like a gurvan hall. A football player who can also excel in track.

Advertisement
Back