WTF!!?? No Fine or Suspension for Rudolph?? GTFOH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garrett is getting what he deserved.

I didn't think pouncey should get three games. Gotta protect your QB. But he did kick the guy in the head while he was down, so thats that.

I had to look it up, but remember when Andre Johnson and Finnegan got into a fistfight, tearing each others helmets off? Finnegan was punking The Dre all game and Dre finally gave Finnegan all he wanted.

And Finnegan deserved it. I watched that live with delight.

Both were fined $25k and not suspended.

Fact is, if Garrett didn't swing that helmet, he likely would've been given just a fine. Maybe a game due to him being a troublemaker, and the NFL has a hard on for troublemakers.

You can say, "Oh, the Steelers QB grabbed his helmet, etc., etc." Maybe, I can't really argue that. But even if they did punish the QB, it'd probably be a fine only.

Its one thing if a fistfight breaks out. It's another when you knowingly use a blunt object as a weapon.

Also gotta consider this is the 100th anniversary of the NFL, so they won't play around with this.

this. also, i did see somewhere that Garrett will eventually get fined. either way, its a punishment for the steelers to have him playing than not

Advertisement
Garrett is getting what he deserved.

I didn't think pouncey should get three games. Gotta protect your QB. But he did kick the guy in the head while he was down, so thats that.

I had to look it up, but remember when Andre Johnson and Finnegan got into a fistfight, tearing each others helmets off? Finnegan was punking The Dre all game and Dre finally gave Finnegan all he wanted.

And Finnegan deserved it. I watched that live with delight.

Both were fined $25k and not suspended.

Fact is, if Garrett didn't swing that helmet, he likely would've been given just a fine. Maybe a game due to him being a troublemaker, and the NFL has a hard on for troublemakers.

You can say, "Oh, the Steelers QB grabbed his helmet, etc., etc." Maybe, I can't really argue that. But even if they did punish the QB, it'd probably be a fine only.

Its one thing if a fistfight breaks out. It's another when you knowingly use a blunt object as a weapon.

Also gotta consider this is the 100th anniversary of the NFL, so they won't play around with this.
Exactly what I was thinking. If you don't suspend Andre and Finnegan, why would you suspend the QB here for getting ****y? Fined, most certainly. Suspensions are for major issues. Neck stompings, helmet swingings, tackling Tom Brady....

There's an old saying. Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with a football helmet. Well, something like that.

Agree not a brutal late hit, but it was late and he drove him down with what 8 seconds to the game left? They had already had destroyed the QB no need for that when the game is over. Just my take. The QB should get a game suspension though he wasn't innocent.
I can't really fault a player for playing all 60 minutes. It's kind of what we beg for as hurricane fans, although it may have seemed unnecessary at the moment it seems garret thought he had the sack (rudolph tosses the ball as garret is wrapping up) which would have effectively ended the game. There's no defending Garrets swing of the helmet and he should be reprimanded accordingly, but I do feel rudolph was the instigator in this situation and should see some punishment albeit lesser for his role as well. If he doesn't want to take some hits from defensive pass rushers, he should switch to kicking or quit football altogether.

Advertisement
Garrett should be suspended for the season, HEAVILY fined, and put into some type of probationary program.

Rudolf and Pouncey should be fined and suspended for a game.

This is far beyond absurd and ridiculous ....and is not about race BUT....

How can any reasonable person reviewing the events that occured justify not also punishing him for his role in this travesty

My man Rudolph paid his fine on the field.

Advertisement
Now he's a piece of garbage.. No you're a piece of ****. Judging another human like your God's gift!
Another Einstein...Judging another Human.? Look the show fits.... Sorry it offended you. Now get back inside, Mommy's calling you...

Dude, if Andre Johnson didn't get suspended for beating down Finnegan, why would this dude get suspended?
AJ didn't hit Finnegan with his own helmet.. He actually threw it away. Huuuuuuge difference..

Rudolph was trying to rip his helmet off. He is guilty as well.

View attachment 102187
Guilty of Nothing.....He didn't take it off...PERIOD... Not only did Garret slam him to the ground way after the play/ whistle but he removed his hat and then beat him with him. Garrett is a POS. His third fineable offense of the year. He's GARBAGE...

Wow some of you are so blind ......all involved should be punished ( white, black , green no matter what).....if you dont see that watch the clip again
Why should Rudolph be fined. Because he thought of taking Garretts helnet off but didn't actually do it? C'mon man...

Advertisement
Good takes here. I want former players deciding what should be done in these cases not some jag who's never played the game. Just my take.

Players??????LOL Let's have Jury's made up of inmates...Where do people come from?

Rudolph didn’t like that he got driven to the ground late. Understandable. Rudolph retaliates by grabbing the back of Garrett’s helmet. If you stop everything there, no way anyone gets anything. It’s freaking football.

But Garrett rips off Rudolph’s helmet. Stop there and maybe Garrett just gets a penalty.

Rudolph gets up and is wtf wtf. Garrett goes cuckoo and uses a helmet as a weapon on a head in a league that is pretending to care about concussions as a big deal. League absolutely has to lower the boom on Garrett.

Lesson. Don’t rip off a helmet and use it as a weapon. Not a lot to ask. Also, don’t be a pouncey for obv reasons.
You left out Rudolph grabbed Garrett face mask and tried to rip his helmet off. Good try! Rudolph is the frat boy that starts a fight and then calls the cops after he takes the L

Advertisement
I don't see it that way, former players. Inmates? Classy! A lot of good people out there you just trashed for no reason.
That dude @big40 is a clown. Not here to go back and forth but I want you to know I’m talking about you. You have the right to your own opinion but addressing former players as inmates and saying Garrett isn’t human because of his actions is clown talk to me

show me where Marcus spears , Damien woody, and booger McFarland were incarcerated to justify that inmate label.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back