WTF!!?? No Fine or Suspension for Rudolph?? GTFOH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I would also say that 1970s and 1980s football wouldn’t make as big a deal out of this. But we don’t live back then anymore.

Yes and no.
Yes insofar as football was more permissive with cheap shots, fighting,etc.
But it has always been taboo when you use your helmet as a weapon.
That is a line that was never OK to cross.
Not unlike hockey where fighting occurs but it is expected to be done without employing sticks or skated as weapon or baseball with the bats.
I agree that Mason was no innocent victim in this and perhaps should get some more punishment but, make no mistake, Garrett needs to be dealt with as harsh as possible.

I said Pouncey should get a half game suspension and 1k fine that's it. I'll pick him first for my linemen every time in a pick up game. He's got the protector gene I love that. Don't give a **** about these foolish rules.
Pouncey’s actually the only one I like here looking at everything.

Watching it over again there should have been a flag for late hit and roughing the QB and not stopping. Garrett is a tool. No suspension for Pouncey. lol

Whatever your view of it is now, it should be the same if it was Rudolph vs Mason or Cam Newton vs Joey Bosa with identical circumstances. The QB should get suspended/punished for his role, the DL nailing him with a helmet to the head needs to be severely punished FOR USING A HELMET AS A WEAPON AND LANDING- and the OL is the only one I like here.

Advertisement
Your absolutely right. Let's stop the lies and just watch the video. RUDOLPH literally landed on GARRETT when they went down. You can literally hear Aikman say Rudolph didn't like being tackled. TACKLED. Rudolph threw 3 or 4 picks and lost a game to a divisional rival. The hit didn't **** his off. We see that week after week. It was soft *** hit. After the tackle he immediately goes after the helmet. Then things escalate when Rudolph kicked him in the nuts. Watch the video. Not defending the helmet swing at all. Garrett should be suspended. But so should Rudolph. Also let's stop treating him like some "inoccent" victim.

*Note: Read more of the board and see that alot of these points were already made. Not trying to steal anyone's thunder. The video link is for a much longer video and more replays.

I really don't see the brutal "late" hit people keep talking about nor do I see how one could ever make that assumption watching it.

This is far beyond absurd and ridiculous ....and is not about race BUT....

How can any reasonable person reviewing the events that occured justify not also punishing him for his role in this travesty

It's not about race, but the lack of punishment for the QB that started it is a sign to the rest of the players in the league that (again) QBs are important and require protection and the rest of the labor is much, much less important.

It shouldn't be about race. Shouldn't be about black player vs. white player or white QB/black QB. It's about one player - black, white, purple - so losing his **** that he could have killed the guy. Garrett and the NFL are so lucky this didn't end worse than it did.

Rudolph was trying to rip his helmet off. He is guilty as well.

Screen Shot 2019-11-17 at 11.41.26 AM.png.jpg

Advertisement
Good takes here. I want former players deciding what should be done in these cases not some jag who's never played the game. Just my take.

Whatever view of it is now, it should be the same if it was Rudolph vs Mason or Cam Newton vs Joey Bosa with identical circumstances. The QB should get suspended/punished for his role, the DL nailing him with a helmet to the head needs to be severely punished FOR USING A HELMET AS A WEAPON AND LANDING- and the OL is the only one I like here.
Agree the QB should get suspended too not one doubt about it.

It's not about race, but the lack of punishment for the QB that started it is a sign to the rest of the players in the league that (again) QBs are important and require protection and the rest of the labor is much, much less important.
I agree with you on the lack of punishment for the QB but I sure and **** don't think he started it. I thought I heard there was 8 seconds left in the game not sure if this was true. If it is the game was all but over why crush a QB like that with the game over?

Advertisement
Rudolph didn’t like that he got driven to the ground late. Understandable. Rudolph retaliates by grabbing the back of Garrett’s helmet. If you stop everything there, no way anyone gets anything. It’s freaking football.

But Garrett rips off Rudolph’s helmet. Stop there and maybe Garrett just gets a penalty.

Rudolph gets up and is wtf wtf. Garrett goes cuckoo and uses a helmet as a weapon on a head in a league that is pretending to care about concussions as a big deal. League absolutely has to lower the boom on Garrett.

Lesson. Don’t rip off a helmet and use it as a weapon. Not a lot to ask. Also, don’t be a pouncey for obv reasons.

Rudolph absolutely tried to rip Garrett’s helmet off. He clawed at it several times over - trying to rip it off. That’s WHY Garrett took his helmet off.

Rudolph absolutely tried to rip Garrett’s helmet off. He clawed at it several times over - trying to rip it off. That’s WHY Garrett took his helmet off.

Also, he left out the part where Mason Rudolph kicked him in the groin THEN ran after him. If you've seen enough fights, you know that a person being restrained by the friends of a smaller person is the one in the most danger. I'm sure that was playing into Myles Garrett's survival instinct.

MG deserves 8 games.
MR deserves at least 2.

MG will likely get 10-16 games.
MR will likely get a stern letter of disapproval.

That's where my issue is with all of this.

Advertisement
I agree with you on the lack of punishment for the QB but I sure and **** don't think he started it. I thought I heard there was 8 seconds left in the game not sure if this was true. If it is the game was all but over why crush a QB like that with the game over?

That is a football play between rivals in a scenario where one team has been the target of a lot of **** talking and they were going way out of their way to try to enact some football justice. That's some 90's/2000's ball. Can't do that type of thing any more.

I agree. He shouldn't have driven the QB into the ground in that way.

I really don't see the brutal "late" hit people keep talking about nor do I see how one could ever make that assumption watching it.
Agree not a brutal late hit, but it was late and he drove him down with what 8 seconds to the game left? They had already had destroyed the QB no need for that when the game is over. Just my take. The QB should get a game suspension though he wasn't innocent.

Garrett is getting what he deserved.

I didn't think pouncey should get three games. Gotta protect your QB. But he did kick the guy in the head while he was down, so thats that.

I had to look it up, but remember when Andre Johnson and Finnegan got into a fistfight, tearing each others helmets off? Finnegan was punking The Dre all game and Dre finally gave Finnegan all he wanted.

And Finnegan deserved it. I watched that live with delight.

Both were fined $25k and not suspended.

Fact is, if Garrett didn't swing that helmet, he likely would've been given just a fine. Maybe a game due to him being a troublemaker, and the NFL has a hard on for troublemakers.

You can say, "Oh, the Steelers QB grabbed his helmet, etc., etc." Maybe, I can't really argue that. But even if they did punish the QB, it'd probably be a fine only.

Its one thing if a fistfight breaks out. It's another when you knowingly use a blunt object as a weapon.

Also gotta consider this is the 100th anniversary of the NFL, so they won't play around with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back