#WTACCOGTFO

So a 10-2 regular season with losses to Bama and UNC is a fireable offense?
That's probably the only scenario (not withstanding injuries, COVID issues, etc.) that would leave the fanbase disappointed but somewhat satisfied. A NY6 blowout would probably leave a lot to be desired (at least for me personally), because Bama/UNC/the bowl game matchup would be the only three decent teams on our schedule, and to lose to all three would just be the same **** we've dealt with for the past decade.

NC State is probably the best of the remaining bunch, and while I expect them to be relatively decent, that's not a marquee win on your schedule. UNC should take a step back from last year, and I don't care that it's on the road: like a previous poster stated, we will be well rested and they'd have played six games in six weeks before hosting us. So in a way, yes - losing to just Bama and UNC (assuming the latter didn't lose 2+ ACC games) wouldn't be disastrous, but it would indicate that we're not ready to compete on the national stage with Manny at the helm. And if not with this roster, then when?

This season will tell us A LOT about the state of the program. There are so many possibilities that can arise from just the opening game alone - whether we fold after getting our **** kicked in, use it as a learning curve and run the table the rest of the season, or maybe shock the world and become a national contender overnight. History says option 1 is the most likely scenario, hoping that isn't the case.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I could be wrong... but I believe CD record is the first criteria to advance to ACCCCG.

I could be misreading you but I think the cd winner is first determined by overall acc wining percentage and then in the case of a tie it breaks down to head to head and then coastal division winning percentage.

I could be misreading you but I think the cd winner is first determined by overall acc wining percentage and then in the case of a tie it breaks down to head to head and then coastal division winning percentage.

Whoever has the best overall record in conference wins it. Head to head is the tie breaker.

You sir are correct, I am wrong.

I should have said "Win all CD games + 2 AD contests". Anything less, and a team would need "help" from an in-division member.

The most critical part of the equation is CD matchups to prevent AD games (being even) from wrecking Miami's chances. Didn't that happen to UNC about 4-5 years ago??

My bad....

Last edited:
Do not reply to me I will eat your sh-t.

This isn't your typical "year 3" roster. There's almost 90 scholarship players with high-profile stars at every position. It's as healthy and deep of a team as we've had since at least the Shannon era. No Trevor Lawrence, no Notre Dame...if we can't WTACC this year then what's it going to take?

10429608.png
Great poster!

Advertisement
You sir are correct, I am wrong.

I should have said "Win all CD games + 2 AD contests". Anything less, and a team would need "help" from an in-division member.

The most critical part of the equation is CD matchups to prevent AD games (being even) from wrecking Miami's chances. Didn't that happen to UNC about 4-5 years ago??

My bad....
All good. When I was looking at your link I got side tracked to notice we play the same ACC schedule as unc except they also play Wake. I guess that's not gonna count as an ACC game again this year. We're gonna know how we measure up with unc for sure this year. This is as close to a no excuses to not win the coastal year as it gets.

Sorry I’m no fanboy but I truly don’t get post like this. Dude has been a head coach for two years. Consistently upgrades roster and coaching staff but somehow you’re certain 9 wins is his ceiling?! The guy has improved his record every year, inherited a 6-7 team with a retiring burn out. Yet
9-3 or 8-4, we have everything needed to win except a good head coach.
I over estimated how much of a horrible coach manny Diaz was. I thought we would go 9-3 or 8-4 but this dude is going 6-6. I also made the mistake in believing in all these Jags on defense these dudes suck and they are taking time away from true talent. #longlivethemopes

I over estimated how much of a horrible coach manny Diaz was. I thought we would go 9-3 or 8-4 but this dude is going 6-6. I also made the mistake in believing in all these Jags on defense these dudes suck and they are taking time away from true talent. #longlivethemopes

They're JAGs because the coaches have been telling them how great they are without actually developing them. It's on the kids to some degree, for sure. But the biggest issue is the coaching, starting with Used Car Salesman extraordinaire, Manny Diaz.

Advertisement
Back