#WTACCOGTFO

Do not reply to me I will eat your sh-t.

This isn't your typical "year 3" roster. There's almost 90 scholarship players with high-profile stars at every position. It's as healthy and deep of a team as we've had since at least the Shannon era. No Trevor Lawrence, no Notre Dame...if we can't WTACC this year then what's it going to take?

10429608.png
Ngl I'm not sure how this helps your argument at all. We have had the 2nd or 3rd most talented team in ACC for years now. We have also had a schedule dating back at least 3 years that we should win at least 10 games.

Advertisement
For the most part, if Manny can’t get this team to Charlotte or a NY6 bowl, he ain’t it. The pieces are there on both sides of the ball. We have best QB in 20 years, 160 OL starts, all of our WRs and RBs back and a dynamic TE. We have decent depth at DL and some difference makers in the secondary. LB is garbage but shouldn’t prevent us from getting there. Great punter too. I’m just not sure when we will be this talented AND experienced again

This is it, honestly. Cross-over games are home vs NC State and at FSU, who is terrible. Zero excuse for losing either of those games, Miami would be a TD+ favorite in both right now.

Home Corstal games vs VT, GT, and UVA. Road games at UNC (the big one, obviously), Duke, and Pitt.

Have 16 days to get ready to play UNC, who will be playing their 7th game in 7 weeks when we come calling.

Our biggest threat in the division is obviously UNC, who has to play at Lane in Week 1, they also have to go to Raleigh on a Friday night the day after Thanksgiving. They also play at Pitt, like we do. They play in Atlanta against an improved GT team. Their home games are us, FSU, Duke and UVA.

This division is so terrible, you really don't even need to be great to win it. 2019 UVA wins with 2 losses. 2018 Pitt wins with 2 losses. 2017 we win with 1 loss. 2016 VT wins with 2 losses. 2015 UNC went undefeated in the division. 2014 GT wins with 2 losses. 2013 Duke wins with 2 losses. 2012 GT wins with 3 losses.

All of this to say, zero ******* excuses. None. You've got the most experienced P5 team in the country. You've got your whole offensive staff back. You've got a Top 10 QB in the country. You are calling the defense. You have an INCREDIBLY favorable conference schedule. And, history tells us, you don't even have to be perfect. 1 loss wins this division every year except one since 2012. You can usually win with TWO losses. So yes, there is no excuse for Manny. You have to win the Coastal. There is no other option that is not a complete disaster.

This isn't your typical "year 3" roster. There's almost 90 scholarship players with high-profile stars at every position. It's as healthy and deep of a team as we've had since at least the Shannon era. No Trevor Lawrence, no Notre Dame...if we can't WTACC this year then what's it going to take?

10429608.png

(((((Clearing Throat))))))

So when I’ve said that outside of Clemson, no other ACC team have recruited better than us, and that it’s inexcusable to be where we are, the data is starting to slowly but surely prove this. This CIS narrative of “but we don’t recruit like Bama” is a pacification of the mediocrity & underachievement we’ve seen here. Hence, why I questioned either the player development here (overall), S&C, &/or the entire infrastructure.

This season there’s no more excuses to hide behind:

Roster (check)
Continuity (check)
Experience (check)
Coaching Staff (check)
Off season training (check)
Favorable schedule (check)

Win the f’ing ACC Coastal. If we don’t win it this yr, we’ll go right by the excuse starting next yr (the roster is young, we have a new starting QB, our OL needs time to gel, etc) This is the yr.

10429608.png
Guess it'll take 13% more blue chippers than Clemson

Advertisement

So when I’ve said that outside of Clemson, no other ACC team have recruited better than us, and that it’s inexcusable to be where we are, the data is starting to slowly but surely prove this. This CIS narrative of “but we don’t recruit like Bama” is a pacification of the mediocrity & underachievement we’ve seen here. Hence, why I questioned either the player development here (overall), S&C, &/or the entire infrastructure.

Roster (check)
Continuity (check)
Experience (check)
Coaching Staff (check)

Win the f’ing ACC Coastal. If we don’t win it this yr, we’ll go right by the excuse starting next yr (the roster is young, we have a new starting QB, our OL needs time to gel, etc) This is the yr.
This is definitely the most talented team we've had in over a decade. The idea that they should be able to win the division isn't the usual Miami fan overrating the team. I fully expect them to start the season ranked in the top 25, maybe the top 15. (They've only been pre-season top 25 three times since 2007, so that's pretty rare). I would say the talent gap between them and Clemson is still significant but there's no reason hey shouldn't be able to handle the rest of the conference. The good news is, Manny is throwing his cards on the table and betting big on himself. Either they put it together and make it to Charlotte this year or we know we're going to have to start over AGAIN. I do like the way the team and staff has come together this year though.

Roster (check)
Continuity (check)
Experience (check)
Coaching Staff (check)

Replying to my own post b/c I’m in that kind of mood. No Excuses

Advertisement
Its still a little concerning only half the roster is considered "blue-chip" but nevertheless..I think the consensus is make it to the ACC Coastal or the season is a bust. The only way I could give Manny a pass (somewhat) is if King somehow re-injures his knee and his season ends prematurely (Francois against Bama in 2017 season opener). But this is absolutely a 10 win team.
Actually, the overall recruiting numbers aren't bad considering the recruiting clunker in 2019 (39%).

Advertisement
Advertisement
**** y’all be taking this manny Diaz criticism personal lol. I don’t gamble homie but holla at me in December and we will see who is right.

Nah, I don’t take it personally at all I just always find it comical how dudes are so certain of **** but yet there’s a really easy way to make money on certainties, and when it comes down to it, it’s a quick backpedal. Like I know the sun is gonna come up tomorrow. If you told me I could put a grand or two down that it’d come up, I’d do it in a heartbeat. Easy money. But y’all are so certain that Manny is trash and the team sucks, yet won’t take the easy money. Just doesn’t make sense to me. But yeah, we’ll see how right you are in December. Still doesn’t explain how you’d take time out of your day to come on a Hurricanes fan site and tell everyone how much the Hurricanes suck, but hey, you do you.

Nah, I don’t take it personally at all I just always find it comical how dudes are so certain of **** but yet there’s a really easy way to make money on certainties, and when it comes down to it, it’s a quick backpedal. Like I know the sun is gonna come up tomorrow. If you told me I could put a grand or two down that it’d come up, I’d do it in a heartbeat. Easy money. But y’all are so certain that Manny is trash and the team sucks, yet won’t take the easy money. Just doesn’t make sense to me. But yeah, we’ll see how right you are in December. Still doesn’t explain how you’d take time out of your day to come on a Hurricanes fan site and tell everyone how much the Hurricanes suck, but hey, you do you
My man you got all that from me saying we going 9-3 lol. How is 9-3 a bad season lol. I literally said we have everything needed to win which equates to us not sucking. I don’t believe in Manny Diaz homie, he has been at the helm of some of the worst losses in this program’s history. I am as much of a cane fan as anybody fam and hope for the best but I’m a realist. Also family no need to attack anybody personally over message board comments. But stay bless homie and go canes.

This is it, honestly. Cross-over games are home vs NC State and at FSU, who is terrible. Zero excuse for losing either of those games, Miami would be a TD+ favorite in both right now.

Home Corstal games vs VT, GT, and UVA. Road games at UNC (the big one, obviously), Duke, and Pitt.

Have 16 days to get ready to play UNC, who will be playing their 7th game in 7 weeks when we come calling.

Our biggest threat in the division is obviously UNC, who has to play at Lane in Week 1, they also have to go to Raleigh on a Friday night the day after Thanksgiving. They also play at Pitt, like we do. They play in Atlanta against an improved GT team. Their home games are us, FSU, Duke and UVA.

This division is so terrible, you really don't even need to be great to win it. 2019 UVA wins with 2 losses. 2018 Pitt wins with 2 losses. 2017 we win with 1 loss. 2016 VT wins with 2 losses. 2015 UNC went undefeated in the division. 2014 GT wins with 2 losses. 2013 Duke wins with 2 losses. 2012 GT wins with 3 losses.

All of this to say, zero ******* excuses. None. You've got the most experienced P5 team in the country. You've got your whole offensive staff back. You've got a Top 10 QB in the country. You are calling the defense. You have an INCREDIBLY favorable conference schedule. And, history tells us, you don't even have to be perfect. 1 loss wins this division every year except one since 2012. You can usually win with TWO losses. So yes, there is no excuse for Manny. You have to win the Coastal. There is no other option that is not a complete disaster.
Good post. However....
If you look at the years there where multiple loss Coastal Champs, there was usually a tie-breaker involved.

That loss to a terrible NC State team works better for us than taking an L vs Pitt or that team north of South Carolina.

My man you got all that from me saying we going 9-3 lol. How is 9-3 a bad season lol. I literally said we have everything needed to win which equates to us not sucking. I don’t believe in Manny Diaz homie, he has been at the helm of some of the worst losses in this program’s history. I am as much of a cane fan as anybody fam and hope for the best but I’m a realist. Also family no need to attack anybody personally over message board comments. But stay bless homie and go canes.

You said we have everything we need to win except a good head coach. Meaning Manny sucks, no? How else is someone supposed to take that? And the best part is you might be right. So, all I'm saying is there is literally a place where you can go where they'll give you free money, all you have to do is bet on what you already know. Manny sucks. He's going to win 8 or 9 games....sure, those are decent years, but they're not what we expect and they're also under what Vegas is giving us credit for. So if he sucks and he can't pilot the pieces that are in place to more than 9 wins, you may as well make a bunch of cash off it cause you seem to be pretty confident that the dude is garbage. I'm trying to get you a few free mortgage payments, that's all.

Advertisement
Back