#WTACCOGTFO

Good post. However....
If you look at the years there where multiple loss Coastal Champs, there was usually a tie-breaker involved.

That loss to a terrible NC State team works better for us than taking an L vs Pitt or that team north of South Carolina.

Very true, but that's even more of an incentive to say now or never for this staff. History tells you that you don't need to go undefeated to win this ****** *** division, you don't need to go 7-1, and you can even win this puddle of mediocrity with 2 losses if those losses are to the right teams. Just more incentive to say there are literally zero excuses. If we go 5-3 or something in the ACC, Manny cannot win here and his seat should be scalding hot. He has everything he needs to succeed, even up to an including the most favorable schedule you could possibly construct. It's time.

Advertisement
Very true, but that's even more of an incentive to say now or never for this staff. History tells you that you don't need to go undefeated to win this ****** *** division, you don't need to go 7-1, and you can even win this puddle of mediocrity with 2 losses if those losses are to the right teams. Just more incentive to say there are literally zero excuses. If we go 5-3 or something in the ACC, Manny cannot win here and his seat should be scalding hot. He has everything he needs to succeed, even up to an including the most favorable schedule you could possibly construct. It's time.
Agree.
Fvck it.
We sweep the **** conference.

You said we have everything we need to win except a good head coach. Meaning Manny sucks, no? How else is someone supposed to take that? And the best part is you might be right. So, all I'm saying is there is literally a place where you can go where they'll give you free money, all you have to do is bet on what you already know. Manny sucks. He's going to win 8 or 9 games....sure, those are decent years, but they're not what we expect and they're also under what Vegas is giving us credit for. So if he sucks and he can't pilot the pieces that are in place to more than 9 wins, you may as well make a bunch of cash off it cause you seem to be pretty confident that the dude is garbage. I'm trying to get you a few free mortgage payments, that's all.
Like I said till he proves otherwise dude is an average head coach and nine wins is his ceiling In my opinion. Would love to be wrong and I don’t gamble homie. But it seems like you do so hopefully you bet the over. Be bless and get money homie peace out.

UNC is all about Manny's head. He's the DC, it's up to him to outsmart his bugaboo Mack Brown. I don't think Sam Howell is Trevor Lawrence, we can beat him, we should have beat them 2 years ago (4th and 17). I don't think Mack Brown is Urban Meyer or Dabo Sweeney. UNC is entirely beatable.

There is absolutely no reason we couldn't be undefeated in ACC play headed into the ACCCG to play Clemson. By then, our 2021 class will have 12 games under their belts. Guys like Arroyo, Brashard, Brinson, Chase Smith, LT, JW will be seasoned providing an upgrade across the roster. We'll be the underdog, but we have no reason to believe we can't win that game.

Net/net. it's not WTACCOGTFOOH time. It's about battling. If we beat everyone we should beat but lose to UNC by a point, lost to Clemson by a FG, I'll be in Manny's corner. But if he gets humiliated by Mack again, or gets pummeled by Clemson again, the heat will be on.

Advertisement
Do not reply to me I will eat your sh-t.

This isn't your typical "year 3" roster. There's almost 90 scholarship players with high-profile stars at every position. It's as healthy and deep of a team as we've had since at least the Shannon era. No Trevor Lawrence, no Notre Dame...if we can't WTACC this year then what's it going to take?

10429608.png

How does my sh-t taste?:)

We have the 15th best blue chip ratio. Sounds to me like we should finish 15th in the country if everything goes chalk. Which it won't. The concept of "we will be favored in 10 games so if we don't go 10-0 in those games we underachieved or there will be **** to pay" is idiotic fanboy stuff. For example, if you have a 75% chance of winning a game, and an 80% chance of winning another game, and a 50% chance of winning a 3rd tough game (say, UNC where we are actually an underdog right now), what is the likelihood that you will win all three games? It's only 30%. Now do that for our whole schedule. ****, even take Alabama and UNC out and see how likely it is that we mathematically go 10-0. Spoiler: it's very unlikely. See how likely it is that a team that has a 90% chance to win each game actually goes 12-0. It's like 28%. That's right. If you go into every game with a 90% chance to win there is still just over a 1/4 chance you win them all. And NO ONE ever has a 90% chance in each and every game. And win the ACC? You aren't even factoring in what other teams will do this year.

There is a reason going undefeated is so hard, even when you are much better than every team on your schedule. Why a Syracuse can beat a Clemson, why it's so hard to get through your conference unscathed, etc. You need to not just be better every week, you need to be a dominant team that is MUCH better than their opponents, AND you need to be LUCKY to survive the days when things get weird.

It's really, really hard to avoid a significant mathematical deviation week in and week out. You hope that you survive it when it happens, and you hope it happens to your better opponents more than it happens to you. Then you have a chance to actually over-achieve. How often does a team's schedule match the money line?

The whole throwing down the gauntlet is July is just dumb too. If Clemson has injuries at QB and elsewhere and we beat them by a point does that make the coaching staff instant geniuses? Conversely if we get the injury bug and lose King, Bolden and two CB's and get caught does that mean they blew it? Let's watch this season play it out. There will be 1000 data points.

I'd love to play UF this year. I think we'd beat their ***, even though they have a much higher "BCR" than we do. Whatever.

Also the "blue-chip ratio" is an incredibly misguided statistic. First of all a disporoptionate amount of our top end talent are freshmen including all of our 5-stars. But they count as much as some 5-star seniors at Bama. More importantly, and (end thread here) these fraudulent ranking services rank the 32nd best recruit and the 300th highest ranked recruit both four-stars. That's like saying a late first round pick in the NFL Draft is as valuable as an UFA a team signs after the draft. Think about that. Dumb. So in other words, this thread is worthless. The BCR is silly. Be more thoughtful. Go Canes.

Last edited:
Like I said till he proves otherwise dude is an average head coach and nine wins is his ceiling In my opinion. Would love to be wrong and I don’t gamble homie. But it seems like you do so hopefully you bet the over. Be bless and get money homie peace out.
Sorry I’m no fanboy but I truly don’t get post like this. Dude has been a head coach for two years. Consistently upgrades roster and coaching staff but somehow you’re certain 9 wins is his ceiling?! The guy has improved his record every year, inherited a 6-7 team with a retiring burn out. Yet you know 9 wins is his ceiling and he’s an avg. coach? Yes, he should win 10+ games this year, not disputing that but these posts are boring and piggyback off negativity.

Sorry I’m no fanboy but I truly don’t get post like this. Dude has been a head coach for two years. Consistently upgrades roster and coaching staff but somehow you’re certain 9 wins is his ceiling?! The guy has improved his record every year, inherited a 6-7 team with a retiring burn out. Yet you know 9 wins is his ceiling and he’s an avg. coach? Yes, he should win 10+ games this year, not disputing that but these posts are boring and piggyback off negativity.
I know all that homie, that is why we are off season champs three years running!!! So you are saying if we don’t win 10 games then he is an avg coach?? Realism is not negativity, it’s my opinion and if I’m wrong then great and I win anyway cause I am a canes fan and want to see us succeed. But let’s see in December who is right!! But if Manny Diaz turns out to be a great coach I will be happy to be wrong, I just don’t see it right now.

Advertisement
From a purist POV, all Miami needs to do is win every CD contest. The rest of the matchups don't matter in getting to ACCCG.

Yes, yes... I get that scenario very likely doesn't earn a CFBPO or NY6 slot, but really, if you aren't in the post season tourney, bowls are just scrimmages.

If we don't win the Coastal, Manny needs to be fired; obviously that won't happen barring a disastrous 7-6 type season, but it leaves him in my eyes as a dead man walking in Year 4. All the pieces are there, it's now or never to execute.

From a purist POV, all Miami needs to do is win every CD contest. The rest of the matchups don't matter in getting to ACCCG.

Yes, yes... I get that scenario very likely doesn't earn a CFBPO or NY6 slot, but really, if you aren't in the post season tourney, bowls are just scrimmages.
I think the corstal division record only comes into play with a tied acc record? Meaning if we lose to fsu and ncstate but nc only loses to us, they win the coastal division and go to the acc championship game. We'd be 6-2 and unc would be 7-1 in the ACC. Or am I completely wrong?

Advertisement
I think the corstal division record only comes into play with a tied acc record? Meaning if we lose to fsu and ncstate but nc only loses to us, they win the coastal division and go to the acc championship game. We'd be 6-2 and unc would be 7-1 in the ACC. Or am I completely wrong?
I could be wrong... but I believe CD record is the first criteria to advance to ACCCCG.

Last edited:
If we don't win the Coastal, Manny needs to be fired; obviously that won't happen barring a disastrous 7-6 type season, but it leaves him in my eyes as a dead man walking in Year 4. All the pieces are there, it's now or never to execute.

So a 10-2 regular season with losses to Bama and UNC is a fireable offense?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back