WR rotation

Delaney didn't look too good in the beginning of the season either. Who woulda thought that guys might show improvement throughout the year?

Dee Delaney plays because he has to. Whether he's good or bad. Doesn't matter. We don't have any depth or other options.

We have bodies and options at receiver.

Try watching games or maybe knowing more about what you're watching.

That's not true and most importantly not the point I was making. Delaney struggled the first two games of the season and then had breakout performances against Duke and FSU yesterday. We don't have that many other options at receiver, Harley has been getting a ton of burn. What games are you watching?

Advertisement
Richt was begging for more speed all of last season and now we have Harley and Thomas and I haven't seen one go route to either. FSU can neutralize that speed but we have no one left that can. These guys need to be in the game.

I don't know why this is a tough concept for people to understand.

Jeff Thomas clearly isn't ready to play a lot of snaps. Harley is more polished so he plays a few more snaps than Thomas.

But otherwise they're not going to get a lot of run when we've got Richards, Berrios, Cager, etc.

This is just like the N'kosi Perry obsession despite the fact that the kid clearly wasn't ready to play.

There couldn't be a worse analogy than Perry. Asking for a go route here and there to stretch the field is not akin to starting a true freshman QB.

Just because you're fast doesnt mean you are any good at running a go route.

Yeah it takes a lot of skill to run in a straight line.

Richt was begging for more speed all of last season and now we have Harley and Thomas and I haven't seen one go route to either. FSU can neutralize that speed but we have no one left that can. These guys need to be in the game.

Jeff Thomas clearly isn't ready to play a lot of snaps. Harley is more polished so he plays a few more snaps than Thomas.

But otherwise they're not going to get a lot of run when we've got Richards, Berrios, Cager, etc.

This is just like the N'kosi Perry obsession despite the fact that the kid clearly wasn't ready to play.

There couldn't be a worse analogy than Perry. Asking for a go route here and there to stretch the field is not akin to starting a true freshman QB.

How about if you're super fast and are a very polished route runner like Harley?

Yeah it takes a lot of skill to run in a straight line.

It takes a lot of skill to get open running in a straight line.

Advertisement

To me, it isn't the lack of go routes. It's the lack of screens (sinorice moss vs FSU comes to mind!). Get these quick, shifty guys the ball and let them make guys miss. Esp with how well our WRs block down field.

This is a conversation for another thread, but I am really not a fan of mark Richt the play caller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would've been tough to call more screens because most of that pressure they were getting was without blitzing. When they did blitz, Rosier seemed to pick it up very, very well. He tried throwing some short screens yesterday, but he couldn't get the ball over the DL. Richt called a decent game (B grade) yesterday, and that was obvious when the players started executing (lots of poorly thrown or dropped balls early on). That was a tremendous defense we played yesterday. I mean that final play was a back shoulder throw to Langham against McFadden with 6 seconds left, who has the balls to call that?

there is no such thing as a "back shoulder" throw, especially on a long throw.. the ball left his hand long before the made the break. ball was thrown short and nicely called a "back shoulder" throw.

Delaney struggled the first two games of the season and then had breakout performances against Duke and FSU yesterday.

Please.

Delaney is a 5th year senior. He is who he is. We took him as a grad transfer because he's plug-n-play.

He's not going to "improve" from week 2 to week 4.

That's one of the dumbest things I've heard on a board full of dumb things.

You're comparing starting a true freshman QB who was a summer enrollee to a true freshman wide receiver (who is already playing) running a go route. And you think you're the one who knows what you're talking about? LMAO.

Now you're just flailing and avoiding the point to save face.

The love for Jeff Thomas is the exact same as the love for N'kosi Perry.

Clueless message board fans who fall in love with high school highlight tapes showing big plays against a bunch of scrubs.

The fact that you have responded like this proves my original point.

You're clueless.

As someone who was on here making the same point you're making, I know what you're saying. But you're saying it to the wrong person because I'm not (for the 4th time) saying Thomas or Harley should be starting. I'm actually on here asserting those points of view during the offseason when it wasn't popular, not midway through the season when those things are now obvious to everyone.

To me, it isn't the lack of go routes. It's the lack of screens (sinorice moss vs FSU comes to mind!). Get these quick, shifty guys the ball and let them make guys miss. Esp with how well our WRs block down field.

This is a conversation for another thread, but I am really not a fan of mark Richt the play caller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would've been tough to call more screens because most of that pressure they were getting was without blitzing. When they did blitz, Rosier seemed to pick it up very, very well. He tried throwing some short screens yesterday, but he couldn't get the ball over the DL. Richt called a decent game (B grade) yesterday, and that was obvious when the players started executing (lots of poorly thrown or dropped balls early on). That was a tremendous defense we played yesterday. I mean that final play was a back shoulder throw to Langham against McFadden with 6 seconds left, who has the balls to call that?

there is no such thing as a "back shoulder" throw, especially on a long throw.. the ball left his hand long before the made the break. ball was thrown short and nicely called a "back shoulder" throw.

There's no such as a "back shoulder" throw? Hmmm. That's news to everyone associated with football in any capacity.

Advertisement
Delaney struggled the first two games of the season and then had breakout performances against Duke and FSU yesterday.

Please.

Delaney is a 5th year senior. He is who he is. We took him as a grad transfer because he's plug-n-play.

LOL. Are you really saying Delaney didn't improve from Toledo to Duke? You can't be serious. Holy **** why am I wasting my time with this idiot.

Please.

LOL. Are you really saying Delaney didn't improve from Toledo to Duke? You can't be serious. Holy **** why am I wasting my time with this idiot.

Delaney can't improve because he played at The Citadel for 3 years. Scientific fact.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Are you really saying Delaney didn't improve from Toledo to Duke? You can't be serious.

Yes.

He's played 4 games.

Some good, some bad.

Like most average players, he'll have good games and bad games.

This is not a novel concept to people who understand what's going on. You clearly don't.

Please.

Lmfao. That may be the dumbest post in CIS history

Please.

Lmfao. That may be the dumbest post in CIS history

Sometimes I feel like I'm going crazy.

Advertisement
Back